• Chad Warner

Votes: 187 66.5%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 23 8.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't imagine that means Sharp is tearing it up.

If we had four or five options for the wing I wonder if we could run them to unsustainable levels during the game knowing they are rotated each week regardless of performance because the overwhelming run and pressure makes us so hard to play against.

A genuine team first approach with a role that objectively sucks.

Probably need depth longer term on the HBF as well*. Some of these wingers can help with that situation imo.

* Never thought I'd say this not all that long ago but we delisted Wilson, Hughes is 30 this year, Aish is 29. Also Chapman might head to the middle.

McKenzie is very fragile & was looking overseas to solve calf issues, not to mention he’s had concussion problems. If he was a jet in this position, you’d consider the risk but I don’t see the value in this situation.
Bit of a strange one for me.

I remember seeing him play and he looked okay to me but I thought I’d google him anyway…

Part of the reason I did so was I was wondering how such a supposedly injury prone player had played 73 games. He’s 27 years old!

That really surprised me. Only ten players on our list are older than he is.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a much younger semi-capable role player to play similar roles (wing/HBF) who’s either been just delisted or from the state leagues. Didn’t think Michael Frederick’s brother was all that bad tbh if you want a bit of depth at HBF (I reckon he could play wing too but hasn’t) - he’d have no problem moving to WA as he’s already done so.

Last edited:
I remember seeing him play and he looked okay to me but I thought I’d google him anyway…

Part of the reason I did so was I was wondering how such a supposedly injury prone player had played 73 games. He’s 27 years old!

That really surprised me. Only ten players on our list are older than he is.

I’d be surprised if there was a semi-capable role player to play similar roles (wing/HBF) who’s either been just delisted or from the state leagues. Didn’t think Michael Frederick’s brother was all that bad tbh if you want a bit of depth in those roles - he’d have no problem moving to WA as he’s already done so.
Yep, I did the same and was equally surprised, says that the coach/admin know it’s finals or bust this year and we aren’t confident NOD or Stanley are going to step up this year and need more time to develop.

Pretty sure the consensus on Mckenzie was he was a bit of a plodder but finally came good, then couldn't get on the park

Kicking is his strength from memory, pretty sure he is a good kick and can kick it pretty far

Pretty sure the consensus on Mckenzie was he was a bit of a plodder but finally came good, then couldn't get on the park

Kicking is his strength from memory, pretty sure he is a good kick and can kick it pretty far
If kicking is his strength he obviously picked up the wrong boots in the change room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh Trent, the guy who was landing the ball in the centre circle kicking out from the defensive goal square during preseason at Joondalup while it was particularly breezy
For clarification, I'm not getting him mixed with Trent, I believe dan also has a big left boot, not as big as Trent's ofc

My brother is a port supporter so there is 0 chance I'm getting those 2 mixed up, I'm definitely thinking of the saints one

Freo will be just having a look at this stage. Looking at him and Patrick Voss for depth in mid forward (Voss) and HBF (McKenzie). With McKenzies calf injuries (thinking now more HBF than wing) in addition to Young midfield and Chapman wing some added depth there might be in the thought process.

The two younger ones Van Rooyen and Beattie are longer term. I’ve liked the look of Beattie in an area of need. With him coming back from the break good fitness (according to reports yesterday) that is promising.

McKenzie is very fragile & was looking overseas to solve calf issues, not to mention he’s had concussion problems. If he was a jet in this position, you’d consider the risk but I don’t see the value in this situation.
Bit of a strange one for me.
Going to Germany to fix calf problems gives me the Bennell heebeegeebees.

Yep, I did the same and was equally surprised, says that the coach/admin know it’s finals or bust this year and we aren’t confident NOD or Stanley are going to step up this year and need more time to develop.
Seriously? He's our 4th train on. Literally the last potential person in the club able to pull on the boots for a game, and only if the right strings are pulled. If he gets a game in 2024, guaranteed JLo has already cleaned out his office and we are all taking September trips to Bali for consolation.

Seriously? He's our 4th train on. Literally the last potential person in the club able to pull on the boots for a game, and only if the right strings are pulled. If he gets a game in 2024, guaranteed JLo has already cleaned out his office and we are all taking September trips to Bali for consolation.
Yes, seriously, he’s 27 years old and has played 73 games at AFL level, we aren’t trialling him to play for peel, we’re looking at him to see if he’s better than NOD, Stanley or Hughes (at HB) right now, otherwise there’s no point and we may as well just play Aish (same age/height) on a wing or HB.

Yes, seriously, he’s 27 years old and has played 73 games at AFL level, we aren’t trialling him to play for peel, we’re looking at him to see if he’s better than NOD, Stanley or Hughes (at HB) right now, otherwise there’s no point and we may as well just play Aish (same age/height) on a wing or HB.

He's a pressure for spot guy. I thought as a wing initially but it seems it may be HB instead because we're moving 2 defenders into the midfield.

No chance any senior football person is bringing in 27yo with 70 games experience and a history of calf injuries thinking they are the difference between finals or not. If they are, they're a moron.

He was known as an elite kick when he played for StKilda. Thats the main reason why he's been kept on the list despite the injury setbacks.
I browsed a couple of Saints threads and elite kicking didn't come up, quite the opposite in fact.

Fast apparently although I don't remember that from watching him.

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back