• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs are going to be an interesting watch this year with rivals making plays for English (eagles) JUH (Sydney) and Smith (every vic club despite the acl), wonder who they prioritise in keeping.
Smith is the obvious one to let go but they have a lack of young midfield talent and a stupid amount of tall talent. I do think they’ll lose one of the three.

Are people mentioning Errol Gulden as a potential trade target for comedic value or what?
Better chance of Sam Newman being elected president of Kazakhstan than Gulden requesting a trade from Sydney to the Fremantle dockers.
He’s probably never even set foot in Western Australia apart from the handful of games hes played at Optus.

Liam Baker interests me tbh

Probably goes to the Eagles tho
Forgot about him, yes would definitely take.

Are people mentioning Errol Gulden as a potential trade target for comedic value or what?
Better chance of Sam Newman being elected president of Kazakhstan than Gulden requesting a trade from Sydney to the Fremantle dockers.
He’s probably never even set foot in Western Australia apart from the handful of games hes played at Optus.
I don't think anyone seriously thinks he's gettable.

If a mid year trading period is introduced this year, do you trade your end of year draft picks?
Are we playing 4D chess here to top up mid year with our hand?

If a mid year trading period is introduced this year, do you trade your end of year draft picks?
I'd hope not.

Our MST play should be to draft ALL the rucks and develop them to AFL standard and then cash them in for 1st rounders mid-season to top 4 clubs.

I can't see any other way mid-season trading works tbh. Outside of players nothing else teams can trade actually has all that much value.

I'm not against trading picks for players or vice versa mid year as long as it is the best thing for the club. In literally every case players traded mid year will be contracted however so unless the player's current club wants said player gone trade prices are likely to be inflated.

Speaking in an interview today, Patrick Dangerfield (as AFL players president) said the mid season draft would "jazz things up a bit" in the AFL.

My take on that is plenty of headlines and little of consequence.

Speaking in an interview today, Patrick Dangerfield (as AFL players president) said the mid season draft would "jazz things up a bit" in the AFL.

My take on that is plenty of headlines and little of consequence.
But, isn't it the greatest game on the planet!!!! Why does it need to be jazzed up a bit.Ya want jazz go to New Orleans.

Well we have heaps of money and picks so if a club suddenly takes a dive and a star is about to abandon their team for a run at a flag with an emerging side, we are in a good spot.

They should allow clubs to trade preseason draft picks...

The pre season draft should be scrapped altogether.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mid-season trade period will substantially help Victorian clubs far more than it will any others. Not that I think the AFL is doing it nefariously, I just don't believe they genuinely consider outside their bubble when deciding on things.
One things for certain - I can’t see how we will be benefitting from it. The only way we might benefit is if someone pays overs for an asset we have that we don’t value as much. The likes of Tabs for example, if he wasn’t getting a game here by round 11

One things for certain - I can’t see how we will be benefitting from it. The only way we might benefit is if someone pays overs for an asset we have that we don’t value as much. The likes of Tabs for example, if he wasn’t getting a game here by round 11

It’ll just be premiership contenders paying overs for other clubs depth players in areas of the field where they’re a bit short of depth at that time (likely due to injuries) imo.

OMG, can you imagine the fluff pieces in the media if we traded Tabs to the pies (they need a replacement forward) and he ends up in a grand final!

OMG, can you imagine the fluff pieces in the media if we traded Tabs to the pies (they need a replacement forward) and he ends up in a grand final!

But this is a real possibility- they will and do need a goal a game forward

If tabs is stuck in the 2nds, kicking goals - he will be hunted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tabs is a good example a player who may be of interest to a finals bound side to fill a specific, short term need.

A hypothetical situation may be that a side in finals contention has an injury to a key forward or ruckman and is willing to trade some draft capital to fill that short term hole on their list.

Back