Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 94 56.0%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wingard returned to vfl, 2 goals in a half

Add him to the list of small forwards that are possibly poachable (and actually gettable)

Seeing as we had a crack at Orazio, wouldn't be shocked if Wingard, Sexton or stringer are approached

Or Charlie Cameron, the actual dream but not ooc
Yuck on Wingard. You get a fat red thumb for that one.

Some talk on the Saints board that Max King is not really happy at the saints.. struggling with Ross the boss.. the King boys were school mates with Andy Brayshaw.. if Logan and Jack lukosius are not available.. hope the club ask the question
no thanks, hes actually a bit rubbish tbh, cant kick straight for the life of him and looks pedestrian 90% of games. saints fans were happy to see him miss a few games

Derksen is playing in the backline this year

He was playing that forward ruck role mostly but seems they've decided he won't get a game there at AFL level

Would've debuted years ago if he lasted til freos pick tbh

Yuck on Wingard. You get a fat red thumb for that one.
His finish to last year was great til he got injured

Would be a great value pickup who is ready to play while we draft and develop a small forward

Got to think outside the box, picking a fallen star and turning them around has been done before

Wingard returned to vfl, 2 goals in a half

Add him to the list of small forwards that are possibly poachable (and actually gettable)

Seeing as we had a crack at Orazio, wouldn't be shocked if Wingard, Sexton or stringer are approached

Or Charlie Cameron, the actual dream but not ooc
Cameron 30
Stringer 30*
Wingard 31
Sexton 31

No thanks.

*just turned 30. The others will be this age on their next birthday this year.

How can those northern clubs have talent on the rack and ready to roll.
What a waste.
Only positive is they seem to be fairly easy to extract from
They’ve got so many guns but only so much money to pay them all
Can only hope this kid shakes out after they hand out multi million $ contracts to their entire current best 22

His finish to last year was great til he got injured

Would be a great value pickup who is ready to play while we draft and develop a small forward

Got to think outside the box, picking a fallen star and turning them around has been done before
There is no way. I quite loudly told him he sucked last year at the Hawks game and he looked me dead in the eye and it was if his soul left his body. I don't think he recovered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way. I quite loudly told him he sucked last year at the Hawks game and he looked me dead in the eye and it was if his soul left his body. I don't think he recovered.
Can you use your super power on the whole Carlton team ?

Oh and then go get Harley Reid

3 first round picks and a second
Liam Baker
Lance Collard
Darcy Jones
Sorted...

We won't get baker for the Saints second

Eagles with either threaten to walk him to pre season draft, or split their top pick and use one of those

The first option is less likely as players rarely like to shank their team on the way out

So option 2 - you'd think we will have to pony up that middle or last first rounder we have

And it assumes we have the cash to satisfy baker. If bakers moving home for only cash - we won't win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wicks at Sydney will be available for as close to free as a player comes.

It would be convenient if Sydney want a contracted fringe player from us for that position and McDonald is still available.
No dickhead policy. Worked for Sydney, possibly this bloke fell thru the cracks. No chance

I’m confident enough to definitively say that Baker isn’t joining WC, it’s us or Richmond and given Daniels had the scoop that he was meeting with Richmond list team after their first bye to confirm what he was doing and we haven’t heard anything yet…

I’m confident enough to definitively say that Baker isn’t joining WC, it’s us or Richmond and given Daniels had the scoop that he was meeting with Richmond list team after their first bye to confirm what he was doing and we haven’t heard anything yet…
Is Baker right now the only genuine name we are being linked to with Mcdonald likely to sign?

Find it really hard to believe that with 3 first rounders and given where the list is at that Baker is the only one

Is Baker right now the only genuine name we are being linked to with Mcdonald likely to sign?

Find it really hard to believe that with 3 first rounders and given where the list is at that Baker is the only one
The other name being talked about is contracted so there will be a lot less chat about it and no journo is going to go with it (if true) until like trade period

The other name being talked about is contracted so there will be a lot less chat about it and no journo is going to go with it (if true) until like trade period
ahhhh Chad Warner. Great player but I just feel like he isnt a need because Midfield seems to be where we are stacked

ahhhh Chad Warner. Great player but I just feel like he isnt a need because Midfield seems to be where we are stacked
I think enough of the mids would have 2nd positions where the overall quality would improve drastically

We need a goal kicking mid that can push forward of centre, we are relying too heavily on Serong and Brayshaw and goalkicking isn't their strengths. We are about a couple of goals a game short from the midfield, we would have won both the Carlton and Port games if we had that from our mids.

I think Warner would actually fill a need perfectly, arguably more so than McDonald if Treacy stays a regular weapon

We are mostly limited to WA players who aren't WC sympathisers or managed by Young.

Then they have to be the types who don't love the busy city life of Melbourne/Sydney (e.g. Zurharr won't be coming back).

And usually not established players from a contender (e.g. McDonald, Taylor, Warner ... obviously Jackson was an exception). Warner end of 2025 might be a small chance, but I just don't see Sydney losing him, and they certainly will not let him go while contracted.

And we have no chance with the types on long contracts (e.g. Bolton 2028, Rivers 2027, Van Rooyen 2029, Powell 2029).

It doesn't really leave a long list of names to go after and it makes perfect sense that Baker is the only genuine option (outside fringe/depth players) this year.

Back