Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 90 54.5%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2 less goals is an upgrade? lol

Also does that mean you would be happy to spend a 1st round pick on a Switta type player?
The only advantage Switta has over Baker is that he is slightly faster. Switta is constantly injury and concussion prone, his availability hurts us. Baker also has the advantage of being a utility defender and midfielder.

Screenshot_20240507_192602_Samsung Internet.jpg
recap episode GIF

Couldnt we make Eddie Betts and hi wife Anna Scullie an offer as well.
She is his guardian/agent.
Would love to have the boy from Boomerang crescent, Kalgoorlie on board in some capacity!
Eddie seems like a great guy to have around for culture and to share some game iq

Interesting. Sydney that year picked:
#5 Dylan Stephens (traded)
#26 Will Gould (delisted)
#36 Elijah Taylor (delisted)
#39 Chad Warner

Freo picked:
#7 Young
#8 Serong
Matched bid on Henry at #9
Had no picks until pick #61
#61 Frederick

West Coast's first pick in the draft was #49

Couldn't be more wrong if he tried and Sydney look to be lucky to have salvaged anything out of that draft at all.

Meanwhile Freo has: #3 Jackson, #7 Young, #8 Serong, #27 Sharp, #61 Frederick all best twenty two and probably top half of the best twenty two.

The only advantage Switta has over Baker is that he is slightly faster. Switta is constantly injury and concussion prone, his availability hurts us. Baker also has the advantage of being a utility defender and midfielder.
Baker's great, but he's likely going to cost a premium level booty for at least a second or third stringer in any role you might want to place him in. He'd be about the fourth ranked mid, fifth ranked forward. Hell he probably wouldn't even go near being the no.1 pressure forward.

No complaints if he's landed here, but we be paying through the nose to do so.

If you had to pay overs, Warner would be a better bet every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker's great, but he's likely going to cost a premium level booty for at least a second or third stringer in any role you might want to place him in. He'd be about the fourth ranked mid, fifth ranked forward. Hell he probably wouldn't even go near being the no.1 pressure forward.

No complaints if he's landed here, but we be paying through the nose to do so.

If you had to pay overs, Warner would be a better bet every day of the week.
I don't think anyone is saying Baker is better than Warner (or worth the same or more) though. Are they?

Ok. Im saying it will happen and Im saying the coaches have given Draper big jobs since he's been in the side for a reason. Get back to me when Cox comes back. I'll be stunned if Draper is left out when Cox comes back.Its just an opinion so feel free to disagree. I think the coaches would be staggered how well Draper is going. Bookmark my post if you like and tell me how I was wrong if Draper is left out.
I’ll be stunned if Draper stays in when cox comes back - unless there’s been an injury to Pearce, Ryan or chappie (or 2 tall forwards)

Putting aside the fact that our picks situation meant Chad Warner wasn't really on the cards and we got a late bargain in Freddy in our own right:

Maybe it's because the media I consume will inevitably be disproportionately focused on WA clubs, but the "[insert player from WA playing at a non-WA club] was a bargain, how did Freo and West not spot it" logic is seemingly only used for WA. Nic Martin and Tim Kelly are others where this logic is used. But I don't hear it for other states much if at all - nobody says "how did 10 Victorian teams not see the upside in Luke Ryan or Sean Darcy".

Sure you want list mgmt to have a somewhat closer eye on WA talent coz they're usually more likely to stay (unless they're a Colon Young client), but to me I'd want the club to have a deep knowledge base of talent all over Australia, and if they let talent slip through their fingers it's a minus regardless of which state they come from.

To me, any sort of expectation or treating as a given that Freo and West Coast simply have to scoop up every good WA talent or else it's an abject failure reveals something Tom Green hinted at when he had a rant on Vic bias in the draft and how that dragged down where he was picked. Eastern teams are pretty much only expected to know extensively about young Vic players, and everything else is an afterthought, so when they pluck a gem from WA it's a miracle of biblical proportions. And then by extension, WA clubs have to have a crystal ball where they can see that players who weren't highly rated in their draft year are actually future superstars.

Bakers biggest goal tally in a season is 12.
your point?

Liam Baker is out of contract. Sadly he isnt a free agent. He has only done 7 seasons.

Pity he hasnt done 8 seasons as that would of been making him a free agent. Richmond would demand a late 1st rounder.

Even though baker is only 173 cm tall, he would fit in our best 23. On a back flank, forward flank or on a wing.

Plus he has a premiership medal in 2019 and 2020.

It doesnt hurt having a premiership player on our side, yes luke jackson got one in 2021 with the demons.

Hell Liam Baker isnt the only WA bloke out of contract either. I would take Either Kamdyn McIntosh or Nathan Broad at from the tigers on a 2 or 3 year deal if that means one of those blokes help us get us a premiership in either 2025, 2026 or 2027.

I would guess that with JUH staying at Dogs McDonald will likely be off the table

I’ve cooled on him a bit like others based on Treacys stratospheric trajectory.

Still need someone mature and proven goal kicker to fill Sonny’s role very soon
Can’t afford to wait for rookies

Baker is that guy .
Liam Baker at Richmond?

only 173 cm tall. Played in finals and was part in richmonds 2019 and 2020 premierships too.

Again, sad he isnt a free agent, only in his 7th year.

Another reason why I think restricted free agency should go down to 6 years or even 5 years.

Hell he isnt the only WA bloke on richmonds list that is out of contract.

I know he is old But I wouldnt mind Kamdyn McIntosh, even though he just turned 30 last month. He turns 31 in April of next year. I would take him as a free agent on a 2 or 3 year deal. He can play on a wing or half back flank. The bloke is 192 cm and 90 kg. I would grab him if that means he help us to a flag in 2025 or 2026 or 2027.

Our next pick on draft night was after Warners pick.
Not as simple as that.
We traded out an f2 on the night to match the bid on Henry. Could easily have used the picks given up for Henry to get pick 30 in that draft instead and landed the Chad.

Back