• McDonald

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 115 62.5%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad Warner name came up on “gettable” and reading between lines there is a bit going on there. Cal going with “not gettable this year” though not really firm
Happy If You Know What I Mean GIF by Headexplodie

Baker is another JOM for me. Provides leadership, strength and class but:

1. he's not a goal kicker - our primary need; and
2. who does he replace? Our back 7 are sorted. JOM?

And if I was Baker, why would I go to Freo. Not guaranteed first 22, at least after 1st year and low down the list for $. Whereas at WC, guaranteed starter for the rest of his career and can demand decent money, and already has his premierships. Seems a perfect match.

Our primary need are Ballas/Walters types and a superstar mid if we can crowbar them out of another club. That's what get us to contend strongly the next few years. Use the picks anyway needed to achieve that. Anything else is an unnecessary distraction.

I'm not convinced on Baker, really depends on price and what else Walls is up to - but surely he'd slot in and easily hold a spot in the 22, somewhere around half forward?

Well that's kind of my point. They want to pay what they believe he is worth (second rounder) but don't have it, so they will try to do a player swap.
What’s a player Richmond are dumb enough to take though? Both clubs in the same spot basically so anyone Richmond want, so do WC. I think to be classified as wanting a player, you have to be prepared to pay the price or you aren’t that interested. That might semantics though I suppose

Chad Warner name came up on “gettable” and reading between lines there is a bit going on there. Cal going with “not gettable this year” though not really firm
I just don't see Chad leaving in a contract year when Sydney are in premiership contention. We chose the wrong year to have three first round picks 😢

Warner won't leave because Sydney have a good culture of retaining their younger players, seems like all of them have bought into the culture.

Trade them and we can have 4 or 5 next year.
I don’t think two years without top end talent is a good idea, if we don’t trade the future 1st we still have two firsts next year to do a trade which is enough for any out of contract player

I just don't see Chad leaving in a contract year when Sydney are in premiership contention. We chose the wrong year to have three first round picks 😢
We won't need 3 if we get him when OOC. The only reason we would need 3 now is because he is in contract.

Still, that Gettable didn't sound very promising to me, especially given Cal was just responding to listener questions.

We won't need 3 if we get him when OOC. The only reason we would need 3 now is because he is in contract.

Still, that Gettable didn't sound very promising to me, especially given Cal was just responding to listener questions.
Maybe I’m sniffing the good stuff but he didn’t sound fully committed to the not gettable thing (compared to others anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker is another JOM for me. Provides leadership, strength and class but:

1. he's not a goal kicker - our primary need; and
2. who does he replace? Our back 7 are sorted. JOM?

And if I was Baker, why would I go to Freo. Not guaranteed first 22, at least after 1st year and low down the list for $. Whereas at WC, guaranteed starter for the rest of his career and can demand decent money, and already has his premierships. Seems a perfect match.

Our primary need are Ballas/Walters types and a superstar mid if we can crowbar them out of another club. That's what get us to contend strongly the next few years. Use the picks anyway needed to achieve that. Anything else is an unnecessary distraction.

Baker wouldn’t be guaranteed best 22?

Are you huffing paint?

Any chance of trading 2 of our firsts to the eagles for their first so they can get baker and then trade our other first and a second to Richmond for Bolton?

Any chance of trading 2 of our firsts to the eagles for their first so they can get baker and then trade our other first and a second to Richmond for Bolton?

Richmond would want more than 2 x mid range 1st's to release Bolton ie. they'd want the top 5 pick + something else probably. And good as Bolton is, I'm not sure we could justify using all 3 first round picks on one player.

Tasmania is joining the comp in 2028 which give Richmond just a few years to complete their rebuild. They would want to speed up the number of young guns getting onto their list while keeping experienced players that will still be good in 4-5 years time who can show them the ropes. No way are they going to consider trading Bolton.

Just reading the Aints board, they seem convinced that Collard has checked out, barely performing at VFL level.

It was said he was likely to be prone to homesickness before he was even drafted. Any chance we could get him to come back early?

I have no idea if he is a good chance to succeed in the AFL but his player type is surely in out trading wheelhouse.

Just reading the Aints board, they seem convinced that Collard has checked out, barely performing at VFL level.

It was said he was likely to be prone to homesickness before he was even drafted. Any chance we could get him to come back early?

I have no idea if he is a good chance to succeed in the AFL but his player type is surely in out trading wheelhouse.
Getting Collard was just throwing a pick away. Just reeks of SOSRoss arrogance

I wasn't all that confident when I said we trade the Saints their own pick back for Collard at the end of 2024 when the homesickness sets in - effectively making the Henry trade for the pick #21 we wanted for the player the board wanted with it.

But it would tie a nice bow on that.

Back