List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

The old Nicks special here:

"We're no busier this year than we have been in previous years."

"But what I can say to you is we are active like every other club in the competition ... we'll be as active as we've ever been."

:drunk:

I mean, this is just a fancy way of saying ‘we’re trying, guys!!’

Kurt Tippett?
12 years ago now. Sydney lost Dawson to go home, we gave them a late first rounder - steal

Heard Tom Harley on the ABC last weekend, said they'd had 5,000 involved in their academy program to date, it had produced just six regular AFL players. But it's put a heap of players into the local NSW comp and raised awareness and foillowing of AFL in NRL heartland. They are now getting sold out crowds. The academy is not funded by the AFL unlike NGA programs

Those on here that are whinging woe is me about concessions need to get their head around that Sydney have been professionally run for at least two decades, we by comparison are a shambles from board to admin to drafting to coaching and it's a shambles right at this minute, just wait until team selection in an hour!

As for the MSD, it's been held five times and the list of success stories really is quite short, as per the AFL website, the best players from these five drafts are - Marlion Pickett, John Noble, Sam Durham and Jai Newcombe, nothing much after that. The MSD is just another attempt by the AFL to get some excitement going where there is none. We're not getting a player who will make any difference by the cold facts of five previous MSDs

Last edited:
Trade Keane to C/Wood if he wants to go for Steane,and Mccreery
Steane a young R.Man
Mccreery an upgrade on McHenry,Murphy,Parnell
I would even say Snelling would be an upgrade on the above 3 for the (Mid Season Draft)

Should throw a packet of money at Ed Richards, looks very good in the middle now.

Luke Parker- #40, National 2010
Dane Rampe- #37, Rookie draft 2013
Matt Roberts- #34, National 2021
Tom McCartin-#33, National 2017
Lewis Melican- #52, Rookie 2015
Harry Cunningham-#93, Rookie 2012
Jake Lloyd- #16, Rookie 2013
Chad Warner- #39, National 2019
James Rowbottom-#25,National2018
Justin McInerney-#44, National 2018
Joel Amartey-#28, Rookie 2018
Will Hayward- #21, National 2016
Tom Papley-#14, Rookie 2016
Hayden McLean- Pre-season supp
Sam Wicks- Cat B rookie 2018
Traded in
Brodie Grundy
Taylor Adams
James Jordon

Some decent talent ID/Drafting there

Are Parker and McCartin the only two from the above list not playing tonight?

Brilliant drafting and development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL know how much interest the national draft garners, they try to make the MSRD the national draft lite.

Most people have tuned out of the national draft in the latter stages, the rookie draft isn't even televised and they want people to care about the midseason rookie draft?

Yeah, might wash my hair next Wednesday.

Adelaide BF board: AFL media are a bunch of nuffies who uncritically repeat lines they are fed by player managers and for clickbait. Nothing they say has any credibility.

Also Adelaide BF board: Let's seriously discuss the merits of recruiting Elliot Yeo.

Not exactly correct, plenty of those spoken about as the more likely haven't stipulated longer terms. I'd also suspect some of those that have stipulated longer terms have been told by clubs they'll be likely taking them to ward off some other clubs with some interest.

At this time there are 340 nominations with the AFL still processing 12 more, so far 61 have stipulated longer terms, understandably a significant number of those are WA based players.

I would think we're looking at Geordie Payne given our interest in the 2023 draft and Toby Murray who have both stipulated longer terms.

Some of those to have done medicals are as yet not on the list.

Some of the more prominent to only stipulate short term.

Noah Howes
Joe Pike
Flynn Perez
Matthew Ling
Kobe Ryan
Trent Bianco
Kelsey Rypstra
Eamon Wilkinson
Jez McLennan
Billy Cootee
Tobyn Murray
Jacob Blight
Cam Nyko
Will Patton
Trey Ruscoe
Will Elliott
Don’t anything about Victorian Tobyn Murray, but our Toby Murray nominated 18 months. Does that mean he’s a done deal, or does it just mean he can’t be stuffed relocating for 6 months?

Don’t anything about Victorian Tobyn Murray, but our Toby Murray nominated 18 months. Does that mean he’s a done deal, or does it just mean he can’t be stuffed relocating for 6 months?
Well he still might get picked up before our pick, so I guess it’s fair he nominated 18 depending on where he goes

Given the impending entry of Tassie in several years time I would be looking at keeping as many of our first round picks as possible in the next few years and adding to that talent with very selective recruiting of young players in sides with an abundance of talent and experienced players and free agents. We need to have our team in the 23-28 range when the Devils enter the competition as for 2-3 years we will not have very good draft picks to use.

I cannot understand the move to get Yeo and Baby John Burgess based on our previous recruiting where we specifically targeted players <26 into our club. Surely there are younger players out there eg Moyle which we could select to bolster our ranks and increase the quality of our side. Surely we can be a bit more selective and not look like desperados trying for everything on the shelf.

I cannot understand the move to get Yeo and Baby John Burgess based on our previous recruiting where we specifically targeted players <26 into our club. Surely there are younger players out there eg Moyle which we could select to bolster our ranks and increase the quality of our side. Surely we can be a bit more selective and not look like desperados trying for everything on the shelf.
The logic is fairly obvious. We culled many of our experienced players during the rebuild, and now those who we retained are reaching the ends of their careers. Sloane is gone, Smith should be playing SANFL but will likely be given another season, Walker will most likely retire this year or next.

We currently have 8x 100+ game players on our entire list, excluding Sloane (who has retired). When our veterans retire we will have a ridiculously inexperienced team. The reason they're looking for players aged 26+ is because they need to fill the void of experience & leadership, which the imminent retirements will create.

I don't for one second believe the story about Yeo's offer. That's almost certainly a work of fiction, being driven by Colin Young, in an attempt to improve West Coast's contract offer. However, I do believe that we would be looking to recruit older & more experienced players, given the approaching demographic cliff.

For point of contrast, Collingwood currently have 15x players with 100+ games, with Noble set to play his 100th this weekend. Sydney also have 15x 100+ game players. Essendon have 13x 100+ game players, with Guelfi set to join them this weekend. Port have 14x 100+ game players. I could go on... Adelaide have just 8, 9 if you include the retired Sloane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back