Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pundits like Caro Wilson say "interstate team" all the time. I'm not sure she's even aware of it.
Do the NRL pundits do the same? Their ratio is actually slightly worse with 10 of the 17 teams being in NSW.

Maybe it's mitigated to an extent by QLD having 4 of them rather than 2 (although it was only three until last year I suppose).

Do the NRL pundits do the same? Their ratio is actually slightly worse with 10 of the 17 teams being in NSW.

Maybe it's mitigated to an extent by QLD having 4 of them rather than 2 (although it was only three until last year I suppose).
Having such a lopsided geographical spread of teams will always hamper the AFL as a representative national comp. The power will always lean towards the geographical weighting.

There are a number of ways they could go about it, but it'd probably be best if there were no more than 4 Vic teams competing in the league. Two or three everywhere else.

NRL pundits discuss the comp like it's a two state & one territory comp, which it is. The Vegas hype makes me laugh ... V'landis wants to "expand the sport internationally" when it's not even national.

NRL pundits discuss the comp like it's a two state & one territory comp, which it is. The Vegas hype makes me laugh ... V'landis wants to "expand the sport internationally" when it's not even national.
Amusing character V'landis. You have to wonder how the average NRL follower feels about having the sport run by a literal "colourful racing identity".

Not really in Sydney the media bash the NRL more then covering it up or being biased to any NSW sides

If there is a sniff of controversy they are all over it.

Plus Brisbane Broncos for example would the WC of the AFL a powerhouse club who run the city.

Where I think in Melbourne especially the AFL cover a lot of stuff up. And have the media on there side more like a dictatorship.

AFL generally controls the messages that seep out.

Amusing character V'landis. You have to wonder how the average NRL follower feels about having the sport run by a literal "colourful racing identity".
I think most are happy he appeals to the audience. He got the sports going through covid.

At the end of the day PVL has more charisma and charm on his little pinky then what private school Gillion did anyway.

Who always seems like he is sitting in an ivory tower at AFL HQ not knowing what the battling hard core fans actually think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1910003

WOW a huge swing at Bell one would think.

The elevation of Bell into the GM role and then his rise to power was always concerning given his lack of experience. He had no management experience and outside of football was in the media. I said at the time and will continue to do so, he was not ready for the role.

We must only put people in positions of leadership if they are the best candidate. If Pav wanted to do it at least he has started a company, even then he hasn't had to lead and manage people outside of being captain.

Hopefully Bell is moved out of the club at the end of the season.

The elevation of Bell into the GM role and then his rise to power was always concerning given his lack of experience. He had no management experience and outside of football was in the media. I said at the time and will continue to do so, he was not ready for the role.

We must only put people in positions of leadership if they are the best candidate. If Pav wanted to do it at least he has started a company, even then he hasn't had to lead and manage people outside of being captain.

Hopefully Bell is moved out of the club at the end of the season.
Reasonably sure Bell had a bar or such, also was involved in some land development company. Might be wrong. To lazy to check.

He dusted a truckload of $ in a geraldton property development that went wrong

And that in itself doesn't mean he was unqualified. I am all for investing. In his case I haven't seen evidence of management or business skills that would justify a senior position within a business as large as an AFL club.

Does anyone have access to this article

03f704408a077c25b708e6ab1cb5b45c.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back