Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That's an impressive CV. Why didn't he get drafted? I did a search and found https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/adam-daloia/#:~:text=He captained South Australia at,outstanding performances and individual accolades.

"
DRAFT RANGE: 25-50

SUMMARY:

With D’Aloia, you’re getting consistency, elite stoppage work and defensive pressure at the contest. Arguably the only thing holding him back from having an impact at AFL level is his athleticism and hurt factor by foot. An AFL program that seeks to improve his speed and running capacity will go a long way to readying him, with his strength and stoppage craft a strong chance to translate at the next level."

He tested poorly for 5-10-20m sprint times and poorly for yo-yo & 2km. Obviously those tests aren’t everything, but afl recruiters have access to GPS stats and other measurable which must’ve painted his athleticism in a terrible light.

Talking to a few in the knows from the SANFL, I’ve been told that he has improved his running capacity out of sight which is why he is playing such good senior footy now.

Be interesting to see if he gets picked up. I think his level is still better than just being a good state league footballer.

That's an impressive CV. Why didn't he get drafted? I did a search and found https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/adam-daloia/#:~:text=He captained South Australia at,outstanding performances and individual accolades.

"
DRAFT RANGE: 25-50

SUMMARY:

With D’Aloia, you’re getting consistency, elite stoppage work and defensive pressure at the contest. Arguably the only thing holding him back from having an impact at AFL level is his athleticism and hurt factor by foot. An AFL program that seeks to improve his speed and running capacity will go a long way to readying him, with his strength and stoppage craft a strong chance to translate at the next level."
The type of consistent meat and potatoes player we need to settle the stomach of the midfield.

From our vfl list I've always felt Davis could deserve a shot. Plays a position that we lack being a medium defender. Uses the ball very well. If we're taking someone from our vfl I'd be taking him first. Downie 2nd.

Is there any particular reason why we couldn't expect Hudson Garoni to contribute as much as say Caminiti or Ash Johnson?

Not suggesting he'd be a world-beater or the answer to all our problems, but since there's the Barlow link, we have 2 free spots, and its a position of critical need, I figure its a question worth asking.

Young Guns Vs Vic Metro this weekend. All of the young guns are MSD eligible. A couple of the players i'd be interested in are: Oskar Smartt (small forward), Ben Hopkins (Half back), Kade De La Rue (mid), Kobe Shipp (half back), Cooper Trembath (Key defender), Riak Andrew (half back).

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110356/2024-young-guns-series-announced

#FIRST NAMESURNAMEHTSTATE LEAGUE CLUBCOMMUNITY CLUB
1ThomasHanily178Gippsland Power (CTL)Leongatha
2TobynMurray180Geelong Cats (VFL)Colac
3TarkynO'Leary178Sandringham (VFL)Noble Park
4OskarSmartt180Essendon (VFL)Keilor
5OliverPoole183Bendigo Pioneers (CTL)Echuca United
6RyanBrodie182Calder Cannons (CTL)Strathmore
7LiamKershaw185Geelong Falcons (CTL)St Joseph's
8DaytonUerata184Bendigo Pioneers (CTL)Sandhurst
9CooperLord184Sandringham Dragons (CTL)Old Scotch
10BenHopkins190Dandenong Stingrays (CTL)Langwarrin
11GeordiePayne184Tasmania Devils (CTL)North Launceston
12KadeDe La Rue183North Melbourne (VFL)Beaconsfield
13RyCantwell187Eastern Ranges (CTL)North Ringwood
14WillMcLachlan181Geelong Falcons (CTL)Colac
15KobeShipp188Casey Demons (VFL)Beaconsfield
16LachieMcArthur190Western Jets (CTL)Keilor
17RyanEyre191Calder Cannons (CTL)Castlemaine
18CooperTrembath193Eastern Ranges (CTL)Park Orchards
19RiakAndrew192Dandenong Stingrays (CTL)Berwick
20NedMaginness194Sandringham Dragons (CTL)East Brighton
21RemyMaclean196Eastern Ranges (CTL)East Ringwood
22MaxMapley199Tasmania Devils (CTL)Clarence
23IliroSmit200Eastern Ranges (CTL)Montrose
24JoePike203Geelong Falcons (CTL)Barwon Heads

I don't care about any compensation. Just just want him gone from the club. We have a young list, and a culture to develop and TT had far too many chances, and betrayed the trust put in him. Cut our losses, and remove the negative publicity it brings to the club.

I hope he can get professional help, and become a better person. Whether he plays football or not for another AFL team, I don't care.
He is gone - but if someone does pick him up at the end of the year, it's incumbent on the club imo to get the best available outcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should raise funds by running a $50 ticket competition for 2 supporters to pull the draftee names out of a hat.

May even improve our odds of finding a decent player.

It's frightening the one MSD player we have who looks near the grade was drafted while we didn't have any recruiters.

You’re not fat.

Just stocky.
Nathan Kress Love GIF by chescaleigh

Thanks man, I can feel the love

He is gone - but if someone does pick him up at the end of the year, it's incumbent on the club imo to get the best available outcome
No one's trading for him. He'll serve his time, then nominate for the pre-season draft, and a club will at most risk a rookie list spot on him. We're getting nothing.

No one's trading for him. He'll serve his time, then nominate for the pre-season draft, and a club will at most risk a rookie list spot on him. We're getting nothing.
If he goes to the PSD, he'll be going to Hawthorn or WC.

If you had the choice of most clubs in the country, would you pick one of those?

Young Guns Vs Vic Metro this weekend. All of the young guns are MSD eligible. A couple of the players i'd be interested in are: Oskar Smartt (small forward), Ben Hopkins (Half back), Kade De La Rue (mid), Kobe Shipp (half back), Cooper Trembath (Key defender), Riak Andrew (half back).

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110356/2024-young-guns-series-announced

#FIRST NAMESURNAMEHTSTATE LEAGUE CLUBCOMMUNITY CLUB
1ThomasHanily178Gippsland Power (CTL)Leongatha
2TobynMurray180Geelong Cats (VFL)Colac
3TarkynO'Leary178Sandringham (VFL)Noble Park
4OskarSmartt180Essendon (VFL)Keilor
5OliverPoole183Bendigo Pioneers (CTL)Echuca United
6RyanBrodie182Calder Cannons (CTL)Strathmore
7LiamKershaw185Geelong Falcons (CTL)St Joseph's
8DaytonUerata184Bendigo Pioneers (CTL)Sandhurst
9CooperLord184Sandringham Dragons (CTL)Old Scotch
10BenHopkins190Dandenong Stingrays (CTL)Langwarrin
11GeordiePayne184Tasmania Devils (CTL)North Launceston
12KadeDe La Rue183North Melbourne (VFL)Beaconsfield
13RyCantwell187Eastern Ranges (CTL)North Ringwood
14WillMcLachlan181Geelong Falcons (CTL)Colac
15KobeShipp188Casey Demons (VFL)Beaconsfield
16LachieMcArthur190Western Jets (CTL)Keilor
17RyanEyre191Calder Cannons (CTL)Castlemaine
18CooperTrembath193Eastern Ranges (CTL)Park Orchards
19RiakAndrew192Dandenong Stingrays (CTL)Berwick
20NedMaginness194Sandringham Dragons (CTL)East Brighton
21RemyMaclean196Eastern Ranges (CTL)East Ringwood
22MaxMapley199Tasmania Devils (CTL)Clarence
23IliroSmit200Eastern Ranges (CTL)Montrose
24JoePike203Geelong Falcons (CTL)Barwon Heads
Not sure about Joe Pike...Sounds a bit fishy to me.. ;)

Fair enough, let's see what happens. If there's even a remote possibility that the club can retrieve something from this saga, I expect them to pursue it robustly.

Do you tell yourself this, as a coping mechanism?

A couple of East Perth prospects have entered the chat for the mid-season draft. I haven't seen them play for a few years, but I've been told there were plenty of interstate scouts at the WAFL league game on the weekend.

Jasper Scaife Key Forward 197cm, 88kg. 20 years old, has started off the year in seniors kicking 1,4,3. As well as taking close to 7 marks per game. Played in the championships for WA in 2022, but went undrafted even though he was in Freo's Academy. Looks to have physically matured and is having an impact at senior level. Would still be a long way off AFL footy.

Kane Bevan Inside Mid, 192cm, 87kg. Another who is 20 years old and from the 2022 draft class. He was a dominant junior but never got the call up to the WA side. Has a big frame, moves well and looks to have matured which is why he is playing solid senior footy now. Again, would be a longer-term play as he still as to work on aspects of his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back