Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:
We need a KPF so Jasper Scaife might be someone to look at getting..No more backs , we have enough..Comben, Corr, Biggie, Pink, Dawson with K.Dawson and Logue back hopefully mid year.
And the only decent defenders are injury prone. The rest will all be delisted at seasons end.
I guarantee you haven’t even watched the players you want.

Hi all, I come in peace. Do you lot think you're more likely to take a KPF or a KPD with your first pick? Scaife and Howes look like decent KPF prospects, but I've just read that Blight might go #1 being a ready-made KPD.
In terms of needs KPF, KPB Small Forwards and Big Bodied mid, depends on which poster you talk to in which order their needed
What we're likely to pick up 179cm inside mid with plenty of upside.

In terms of needs KPF, KPB Small Forwards and Big Bodied mid, depends on which poster you talk to in which order their needed
What we're likely to pick up 179cm inside mid with plenty of upside.
Needing 4 years of development

Hi all, I come in peace. Do you lot think you're more likely to take a KPF or a KPD with your first pick? Scaife and Howes look like decent KPF prospects, but I've just read that Blight might go #1 being a ready-made KPD.

I suspect we'll look at a six month ruck with one of our picks (or longer if we part ways with Free at the end of the year).

It's easy to forget the MSD is ideally for covering major injuries. We're already robbing ourselves having Larkey as back up ruck, if Xerri gets injured we are either going to have to play Goad two years too early or Free and neither option is great.

For all the grief Coleman-Jones gets his type was clearly integral to our game plan and it's no coincidence that run and gun play that looked good in the pre-season and our early games has suffered since CCJ went down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's only a media article....

But I will be seriously scratching my head if we draft a defender with Howes sitting there.

We have 1 fit key forward outside of Larkey in Sellers, who failed to fire a shot in his opportunity.

If Larkey gets injured, what are we doing? Duursma to FF? Pink as our sole spearhead? Comben away from where he's flourishing?

We were resorted to playing Toby Pink as a makeshift key forward.

Whilst we have Comben, Corr, Biggie, Pink, Dawson with K.Dawson and Logue back hopefully mid year as fit options....

This has the karma bus written all over it straight after the MSD.
Plus he’s only a few weeks older than Will Dawson and kicking multiple goals a game in the SANFL.

I was under the impression that the SANFL was a better standard of footy than the WAFL, so if that’s the case, why would Blight be any better than Pink?

And the only decent defenders are injury prone. The rest will all be delisted at seasons end.
I guarantee you haven’t even watched the players you want.
l have watched Jasper Scaife play and l cant see us getting rid of all defenders except those that are injured atm..If they are injury prone who do we get to cover for them...

I know it's only a media article....

But I will be seriously scratching my head if we draft a defender with Howes sitting there.

We have 1 fit key forward outside of Larkey in Sellers, who failed to fire a shot in his opportunity.

If Larkey gets injured, what are we doing? Duursma to FF? Pink as our sole spearhead? Comben away from where he's flourishing?

We were resorted to playing Toby Pink as a makeshift key forward.

Whilst we have Comben, Corr, Biggie, Pink, Dawson with K.Dawson and Logue back hopefully mid year as fit options....

This has the karma bus written all over it straight after the MSD.
The performance of Sellers in the VFL is far, far better than that of Howes in the SANFL, but Sellers failed to fire a shot once promoted to the AFL. What gives you any confidence at all that Howes, with a career total of eight goals in a state league, will do any better?

The performance of Sellers in the VFL is far, far better than that of Howes in the SANFL, but Sellers failed to fire a shot once promoted to the AFL. What gives you any confidence at all that Howes, with a career total of eight goals in a state league, will do any better?
Sellers is 24 and Howes is 19

Clarkson has made it pretty clear they arent worried abour results this year why would they draft players that would help us win games instantly?

Sellers is 24 and Howes is 19

Clarkson has made it pretty clear they arent worried abour results this year why would they draft players that would help us win games instantly?
Sellers is 21.

Forget about Clarkson, I responded to a comment asking "If Larkey gets injured, what are we doing?" Does he really expect an 18 year old to fill that void?

How about we take the KPF and hope the KPD lasts until our second pick?
I'm only suggesting if the thought is that Blight is the better prospect, and won't last until second round as compared to one of the key forwards.

If I was in charge and my preference is to go forward (and take Howes)..

I completely agree with you, that, are forward stocks are diabolically thin.

Noah Howes highlight reel (albeit an incredibly small sample size) includes deft (inc. goal) kicking, strong marking and mobility (not just parked up forward). Considering what we have in depth, An 18 year old that is 195cm and built the way he is, seems too tantalising a prospect not to have a go at.

For the experts out there how do Scaife and Howes compare to Ryan Maric? Admittedly haven't watched much of West Coast this year but he looks to be doing ok.

16 games, 12 goals. 196cm, still only 19.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back