Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:

Well at least that's better than another 18 y.o half back who was neglected by 18 other clubs...
who is no longer playing at half back. Kicking goals for fun as a small forward now apparently, I haven’t seen much of him to be fair.

Watched and read up a lot on scaife after the no 1 talk and the kid is miles off. Nothing ready made about him.

who is no longer playing at half back. Kicking goals for fun as a small forward now apparently, I haven’t seen much of him to be fair.

Watched and read up a lot on scaife after the no 1 talk and the kid is miles off. Nothing ready made about him.

ummmm, just hope it's not like the edwards pick where he barely averages 8 touches per game...in the vfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to argue that anybody else is putting their hand up as much as him. Hope he brings some pressure to the forward line and the selection table alike.

I’m a little concerned about how often he mentioned ‘opportunity’.

I mean shit. The recruiters and coaches are going around telling a mid-season draftee that there are so many opportunities means this list and midfield is worse than I thought 😭
Have you seen how many games we have won in 36 months. It should come as absolutely no surprise.

Why are so many of our top draft prospects suddenly from Tasmania?
They have had a couple of really solid squads recently coming through the u18s. Have made two prelims in the u18s the last two years back to back and contributed to the Allies first ever championship last year too. I do believe just before lockdowns and after there had been an infection of funds from the AFL to the state and hopefully now after the news of the devils we will see even more talent shine through with proper development and coaching.

I don’t really care who we take, there’s very few hits in this draft and it makes sense tbh.

However, whoever we take we need to give more of a chance than Ham & Hosie got. Actually give them a fair spell, they are always going to be project types in this draft. Too skinny, too small, too unfit etc to be picked in the draft they missed, so give them time. Edwards was a complete failure but I’d prefer that type of go in this draft than spitting them out 4 months later like Ham - which is clearly a huge draft failure in either the identification or the development of the pick.

I’m a little concerned about how often he mentioned ‘opportunity’.

I mean shit. The recruiters and coaches are going around telling a mid-season draftee that there are so many opportunities means this list and midfield is worse than I thought 😭

What did you think of the list & midfield? Because if it wasn’t for Gold Coast phoning it in and going on holiday a week early we would have lost our last 32 in a row. As it is, they did, so we’ve won ONE of our last 32!

What did you think of the list & midfield? Because if it wasn’t for Gold Coast phoning it in and going on holiday a week early we would have lost our last 32 in a row. As it is, they did, so we’ve won ONE of our last 32!
But our midfield was the area we were supposed to be investing in for the past 4 years, and you keep hearing about how much talent there is!

It’s tongue in cheek, but I just can’t get over how ****ing bad it is. Sure, forward and defence was supposed to be scarce - it’s just sad we’ve had to go put a cross through the lower picks in Mahony, Lazaro. And the higher picks in Phillips and Powell have either taken too long or are not up to it. No idea what the hell jy is up to these days.

Plus, our other good mid options are playing at half back holding cracks with duct tape, so now we’re looking to a mid season draft pick.

They have had a couple of really solid squads recently coming through the u18s. Have made two prelims in the u18s the last two years back to back and contributed to the Allies first ever championship last year too. I do believe just before lockdowns and after there had been an infection of funds from the AFL to the state and hopefully now after the news of the devils we will see even more talent shine through with proper development and coaching.
A reasoned and intelligent response. I was expecting far more conspiracy theory/AFL plot/ Brady hate related feedback if I'm honest. Thankyou.

I don’t really care who we take, there’s very few hits in this draft and it makes sense tbh.

However, whoever we take we need to give more of a chance than Ham & Hosie got. Actually give them a fair spell, they are always going to be project types in this draft. Too skinny, too small, too unfit etc to be picked in the draft they missed, so give them time. Edwards was a complete failure but I’d prefer that type of go in this draft than spitting them out 4 months later like Ham - which is clearly a huge draft failure in either the identification or the development of the pick.
Problem is with the mid season draft there is such a small sample size of games played in the season for detailed analysis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back