MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't collect him high - contact was to chest and shoulder.
Injuries were sustained as a result of Smith's head whipping into the back of Parker's.
The penalty seems to be based more on injuries sustained than the act, which I find problematic.
Obviously, you tempt fate when you elect to bump but I don't see this as worse than Wright's, for example.
Plowman vs O'Meara. A contest at the fall of the ball. Shoulder to shoulder and it's unlucky that O'Meera's head whiplashed into Plows shoulder. Plow copped 2 weeks for a footballing contest. The decision making at the MRO is complete shit really.

What about the Lukosius fist to the McGovern ribs? Really, it should be 2 weeks for Intentional conduct/High impact/Body contact... and even if they argued for Medium impact, he should still get a little something extra for it being a dog act with the ball out of play.

What about the Lukosius fist to the McGovern ribs? Really, it should be 2 weeks for Intentional conduct/High impact/Body contact... and even if they argued for Medium impact, he should still get a little something extra for it being a dog act with the ball out of play.
Dog acts are encouraged by this AFL administration. At least that's what, barrage of fines instead of suspensions tell me.

Just don't make high contact while playing the ball, then they'll throw the book at you.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Graded low impact - fine only. It's probably right under the rules - reckon the off the ball loading needs to be a factor.

Newman also fined for striking - likely in retaliation.

View attachment 2001854

80eb9f58-d47f-39f3-50ad-0bc24ede039a.png

Geez.....if Gov has broken ribs, then that strike is intentional medium impact (NB: medium impact = ...and/ or some possible lower level ongoing treatments) even if he could play out the game... He (possibly) broke his ribs!!!

1 match at least.

Geez.....if Gov has broken ribs, then that strike is intentional medium impact (NB: medium impact = ...and/ or some possible lower level ongoing treatments) even if he could play out the game... He (possibly) broke his ribs!!!

1 match at least.

Apparently bruised ribs.

Graded low impact - fine only. It's probably right under the rules - reckon the off the ball loading needs to be a factor.

Newman also fined for striking - likely in retaliation.

View attachment 2001854

The way to fix this is to add a loading for Intentional gradings.

Low impact? Don't care, it was an intentional gut punch and you can have 2 weeks off.

Watch how quick the players tidy up their act.

Low impact? Don't care, it was an intentional gut punch and you can have 2 weeks off.

I've been saying it for a while: 3 weeks plus the matrix.

3 weeks even if a first just grazes the opponent.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on, no place for it in the game at any level

I can't remember who it was I barely remember the jerseys now but I'm sure I've seen it multiple times.... What I do remember is a gws player went the king / coward punch at the back of another players head during a game and completely missed. No punishment whatsoever. Possibly way back 2017-19 is

I mean.... Wtaf. 'Criminal' (exag for point) intent should probably be somewhat maybe included????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back