NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw someone say on twitter that the Metcalf chase down tackle on Budda Baker would draw a penalty under these rules. That really sucks if so.

Talking about the one that GG posted, where you swivel/twist a player more so, the issue with that is if you tackle from a certain angle it will always result in a kind of swizvel/twist due to momentum of the two players, can also see offensive players start twisting their bodies in a tackle to draw a penalty.

If you were teams, I would be really strong on addressing this up front and call it out, they're just going to increase the chances of hurting themselves 10-fold.

It's going to be the inconsistency adjudicating it which is the worry.
I feel like it will be lowering the helmet for contact. almost never called and when it is you will feel hard done by.

Saw someone say on twitter that the Metcalf chase down tackle on Budda Baker would draw a penalty under these rules. That really sucks if so.

Hopefully not and to me that's not the same as what Garafolo is talking about here with the wording on the penalty.

I feel, and hope, it's for the real obvious, grab and then almost 'piggyback' jump and drop.

If you were teams, I would be really strong on addressing this up front and call it out, they're just going to increase the chances of hurting themselves 10-fold.
Understand that, but if a player is tackled behind the LOS on 4th down could absolutely see it happening.

Well i hope the NFL likes TE's getting ACL's because you cant hip drop so just lower the shoulder and take the legs out. Well it wont even be limited to TE's just all the big strong guys.

And then in a few years they will ban hits below the knee and make a strike zone.

The conspiracy theorist in me says its just another rule open to interpretation that the NFL can use to fix matches with. Handy. :moustache: ..if they gave a s**t about player safety they would only play on grass fields.

The conspiracy theorist in me says its just another rule open to interpretation that the NFL can use to fix matches with. Handy. :moustache: ..if they gave a s**t about player safety they would only play on turf fields.
Owners will never vote to make all fields turf. that will have most of them have to spend money.

Owners will never vote to make all fields turf. that will have most of them have to spend money.
Its ridiculous. If the Raiders can find a way to make it happen in a retractable dome with one of the poorer NFL owners the rest can. Just pure greed.

Its ridiculous. If the Raiders can find a way to make it happen in a retractable dome with one of the poorer NFL owners the rest can. Just pure greed.
Metlife installed a grass field last year for a soccer game then went back to the same old turf that players are vocal against for the NFL season.

Metlife installed a grass field last year for a soccer game then went back to the same old turf that players are vocal against for the NFL season.
So did Tepper. POS.

So did Tepper. POS.
Meanwhile the Bears redid their grass to one that players on both sides said felt like one of the best fields in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arthur Blank said the Falcons will "deal with" the outcome of the NFL's investigation into potential tampering, whatever it may be.

"The tampering deal, we obviously don't believe we tampered, and we shared all the information with the league," Blank told reporters Monday at the league meeting in Orlando. "And they'll review the process and the facts and they are in the middle of doing that, and whatever the result is, we'll deal with it."

Cousins signed with Atlanta on a four-year contract worth up to $180 million on March 13, the first official day of free agency. The team and Cousins' agent had agreed to terms during the so-called legal tampering period, the two days before the start of the new league year.

During an introductory press conference in Atlanta, Cousins said he had spoken to the Falcons' head athletic trainer and head of PR on the phone before the legal negotiating window, which is against the rules for pending free agents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back