NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Effing lol...

It was good he left the 49ers. Missed 14 games the last 2 years and only has 33 1/2 sacks in 9 years, 9 the last 4 seasons. His not worth the money the 49ers have been paying him the last 4 seasons. Front Office deserve a discount from him after taking cash and not delivery on it.

It was good he left the 49ers. Missed 14 games the last 2 years and only has 33 1/2 sacks in 9 years, 9 the last 4 seasons. His not worth the money the 49ers have been paying him the last 4 seasons. Front Office deserve a discount from him after taking cash and not delivery on it.
Thats what I was loling at

I love Reddick but I dunno why the Jets just didnt re-sign Huff themselves and keep the 3rd/2nd round pick. Seems a panic move after they didnt get Clowney.

I love Reddick but I dunno why the Jets just didnt re-sign Huff themselves and keep the 3rd/2nd round pick. Seems a panic move after they didnt get Clowney.

Totally agree atleast they should be set to go Offense first round of the draft OL or Bowers I reckon.

Totally agree atleast they should be set to go Offense first round of the draft OL or Bowers I reckon.
Should be trading back if an offer is there imo, they don't have a second this year and now potentially in 2026, try and recoup some picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But this is the caveat....

"Where are the wins?

You can spend an additional $50m on your roster a year but it isn't likely to bridge the gap between Baker Mayfield and Patrick Mahomes. An elite quarterback in the NFL who can consistently rank top eight using advanced metrics is a cheat code like no other. So you still need to find that player to elevate the entire offense and carry a team to the playoffs.

Spending extra and doing it in this sustainable way just gives you an edge, the role of a front office and a coaching staff is to find every edge they can and while it might only shift the chances of winning games by 1% or less at a time, they can all start to add up."

The article writer makes a LOT of great points
It does but the Saints are proof that it's hard to get out of once you're in, middling results are not good enough and keep you in the cycle.

It does but the Saints are proof that it's hard to get out of once you're in, middling results are not good enough and keep you in the cycle.
Bottom line .... dream-teaming, by collecting a lot of top/expensive players isnt necessarily a recipe for title success. You have to have a QB-HC duo (Brady-Bill, Mahomes-Reid). That's what gets a team over that hump from regular playoffs to Lombardis.

Having a lot of big name players across the majority of the roster bar the QB very seldom succeeds....85 Bears, 00 Ravens, most notable. We've discussed this before ...roster building....and I'm in the camp that it's far better to find the QB-HC and fill the rest with cheaper workable vets than it is to try to accumulate 52 top players who can win despite mediocre QB play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back