NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

18 is the right number as the regular season has always been excruciatingly short, but 20 is probably too much of a good thing. & the 53 would have to be expanded to what, 60+ to account for player management.
I always thought 16 games seemed too short

But after the last 2 seasons 17 seems too many

16 was perfect imo but like all of the fans I will watch the extra games and justify their position

16 was a good fit, because it was the 4 weeks of preseason.

now vets dont play preseason and there are less chances for bubble players to make the team over players with experience. and because vets dont play preseason the first few games a rusty. so if they move to 19 or 20 with 1 preseason game, the first month will be like what preseason 2/3 were about 15 years ago. and there will be more injuries to star players because there will be more game.

If they move to extra games it needs to be 2 byes, increase practice squads again and no more inactive players on game day and unlimited PS call ups for games to cover injured players.

The NFL is doing it for greed, but too much of a good thing can kill it.

I'm in the season feels short at 16, but long at 17 camp.

It's a ticking time bomb with star players and injuries just waiting to cruel your season.

18 Absolutely need a 2nd bye and it should lead in to Thursday night football so it's 3 games over a 4 week period. Stop the crush of games for time off and short turnarounds.

The bummer tho is that the off-season is loooooooong. A longer pre-season and reg season schedule would mean a month shorter off-season at least.

Injuries cruel every season, maybe they can have a pitch count of sorts. That way teams actually have to use their whole 53, including the backup QBs (gives them game experience, can be developed)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggested that pre-draft and NFL fans shot me down on twitter (trading between div rivals)...."tell me you know nothing about football without telling me you know about football"....their favorite trash talk
It is probably unlikely, but if the offer was good enough you would have to look at it.

I suggested that pre-draft and NFL fans shot me down on twitter (trading between div rivals)...."tell me you know nothing about football without telling me you know about football"....their favorite trash talk
After the Bills and 49ers both helped KC move up at the draft I don't know what to believe anymore especially for the minimal capital they got in return

Sutton would make some sense but you'd be leaving your rookie QB with nothing to throw to and you'd get heck all back, future 3rd or 4th id guess. Better off keeping Sutton for another season at least for Nix's sake.

I think the 49ers keep their current WR crew. No point moving on Deebo or Aiyuk if your chasing a Superbowl.
Only reason they trade Deebo is if Aiyuk threatens to sit out this year if he doesn't get a new contract and you need some cap space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back