Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

For a Victorian club I actually quite like Carlton so if you guys end up winning the premiership in the next few years I won't be too upset (unless it is against us).

I just hope you guys don't turn out to be like Richmond fans, who turned out to be the worst. I had no idea they were that bad when they were shit, but when their team became good they became insufferable. Hopefully Carlton fans are better :)

For a Victorian club I actually quite like Carlton so if you guys end up winning the premiership in the next few years I won't be too upset (unless it is against us).

I just hope you guys don't turn out to be like Richmond fans, who turned out to be the worst. I had no idea they were that bad when they were s**t, but when their team became good they became insufferable. Hopefully Carlton fans are better :)
I'm sure we'll be just as painful but I can't see us dreaming up a conspiracy that the entire league is against us and the umps have all been paid off to destroy us after winning 3 flags in 4 years. No guarantees though.

I just hope you guys don't turn out to be like Richmond fans, who turned out to be the worst. I had no idea they were that bad when they were s**t, but when their team became good they became insufferable. Hopefully Carlton fans are better :)
Hmm our supporters turn up weekly.
But now our…… other supporters also turn up too….(whom are probably off to the a league afterwards)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're nothing like the punt road feral tribe..

This is a time surely we go for better form than positioning. Orazio does not deserve it at all at the moment make him earn it.
That's certainly valid but we will need to consider overall experience and balance.
Whether Pitto and/or Williams are available comes into it too.
I mentioned Binns in earlier in the thread before Cotts was even out.

Cottrell is a significant loss in the sense that his best highlights have been mostly against swans. Always seems to show more.
But he is still a bottom 6 sort of player. They are relatively easier to cover. Binns looks promising.

Cerra? No issues. Like when Walsh was unavailable, Carroll can return for another string of games. Ensures Kennedy can move about the field more freely.

If Pitto stays in, Durdin comes out. Let's face it, we certainly won't be beating Sydney with pressure nor speed up forward. Especially playing someone barely averaging 2 tackles and not even a goal a game. Finds most of whatever ball he pushing down the ground, which pretty much anyone can do.

Hewett full game. Durdin or Williams sub.

We have a few out which isn't good. Can only assume we may go like this. Back to a smaller forward line but Pittonett may still get up.

McGovern Weitering Newman
Boyd Kemp Williams
Acres Cripps Hollands
Hollands Curnow Binns
Owies McKay Martin
DeKoning Walsh Hewett
Cincotta Carroll Kennedy Durdin
Fantasia

Cottrell doesn’t surprise me unfortunately, I am not nearly the runner he is so I suspect he has a very high chronic load and with that, injuries will happen

I’ve Morton’s neuroma permanently and also had an episode of bursitis, felt like I got shot in the foot when the bursa flared. Can’t imagine what a navicular stressie feels like.

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

Pretty sure Carlton supporters set the 'swagger' benchmark in this area, before the AFL brought in those annoying equalising rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back