Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Is Parker best 22 when he's been available for selection but hasn't been selected?

I don't know for sure but I suspect with Parker that we are doing so well without him that Longmire is just giving him an extra week or two in the reserves in order to build his fitness. No need to rush him into the team when, at least for the moment, we are winning and on top of the table.

If we were currently 8th on the table I suspect Parker would have been in the team a week ago, maybe two weeks ago.

I don't know for sure but I suspect with Parker that we are doing so well without him that Longmire is just giving him an extra week or two in the reserves in order to build his fitness. No need to rush him into the team when, at least for the moment, we are winning and on top of the table.

If we were currently 8th on the table I suspect Parker would have been in the team a week ago, maybe two weeks ago.
Probably right.

3 games in the magoos is certainly raising some eyebrows though.

Probably right.

3 games in the magoos is certainly raising some eyebrows though.

There is a big debate going on in the Swans board too about what to do with him when he gets into the team as some say he should go back to the midfield but I, and a lot of others too want him in the forward line as he is a very good mark for his size and also an accurate shot at goal. I think he could be quite damaging up there in Heeney's old role.

Don't know the reason however like the EF last year against them, the GWS game this year I'm feelin it for this one. Logically with the injuries and the way we finished last week (though I thought it was a bloody good win) I should be pessimistic however I just cannot shake this one, I reckon we will get up. The belief they gained from 90% of the game last week will spur them on, whoever comes in to replace the injuries will have a point to prove and also H and King Charles should run riot against their defence. Worries are Blakey, Errol, Heeney, Paps and Haywood.

Arr0w :cool:

Our Elimination Final Team last year.

Motlop was the Sub

team-2-jpg.1796945

SWANS - Elimination Final Team

B: L. Melican, T. McCartin, D. Rampe
HB: J. Lloyd, N. Blakey, O. Florent
C: E. Gulden, Ch.Warner, C. Mills
HF: T. Papley, H. McLean, S. Wicks
F: I. Heeney, J. Amartey, L. Mcdonald
FOLL: T. Hickey, J. Rowbottom, L. Parker (c)

I/C: H. Cunningham, B. Campbell, J. McInerney, W. Hayward
EMG: A. Francis, R. Clarke, R. Fox, D. Stephens

SUB: Robbie Fox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like every week, bring our contest and pressure and there's no team we can't beat.
Need to do it consistently and for longer, esp. against the swannies.

Hopefully Hewett/Kennedy can put the clamps on Heeney (maybe even take turns tag teaming him).
Need to make sure Errol and the Lizard don't get off the chain either or they will punish us. Perhaps "target" them similar to McEntee's job on Tom Stewart last week - are we capable of doing that?

Blues by 11 in a cracking game. Can't wait for this one!

I’ve been feeling good about this one all week - we match up well.

Our forward line is epic - Charlie, H , TDK & Martin, throw in Owies & visiting mids - I can’t see their backline holding us.

Our mids stack up well with anyone - can’t see us losing the midfield contest either.

Our backline ( most importantly ) stood up so well last week with inclusion of McGovern and Kemp, loving Cinc as a lockdown - surely he covers Tom P.

Where we win this though is team pressure rating - pressure their run from half back & break it down.

Blues by 17.

Our forward line is epic - Charlie, H , TDK & Martin, throw in Owies & visiting mids - I can’t see their backline holding us.

Our mids stack up well with anyone - can’t see us losing the midfield contest either.

Our backline ( most importantly ) stood up so well last week with inclusion of McGovern and Kemp, loving Cinc as a lockdown - surely he covers Tom P.

Where we win this though is team pressure rating - pressure their run from half back & break it down.

Blues by 17.

I agree - Martin is our ace in the hole - really looking forward to him tearing it up this Friday Night.

:thumbsu:

I agree - Martin is our ace in the hole - really looking forward to him tearing it up this Friday Night.

:thumbsu:

Yep - second game back he should be a bit better. Quiet last week. Just great to see him out on the park - hope it stays that way.

Owies keeps hitting the scoreboard somehow - he may even attract some attention from the opposition one of these days (unlike Lever last week).

McCartin is a huge out for them. Harry should be setting himself for a big one.

Forward line efficiency is going to be a massive factor in this one as both midfields will have phases of dominance.

Blues by 17.

Good post and you're right, all of those positives will mean SFA if we don't match the immense pressure Sydney will apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back