2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

No point doing this after 2 rounds, with some teams having played more games than others. But I was bored so I did it anyway:

FB: Stewart - Taylor - Ryan
HB: Wanganeen-Milera - Andrews - Houston
C: Warner - Green - Rozee
HF: Heeney - McKay - Petracca
FF: Fristch - Hogan - Weightman

Fol: Jackson - Butters - Serong
IC: Bontempelli - Rowell - Davies-Uniacke - Blakey

3: Sydney, Freo, Port, GWS
2: Melbourne, WB
1: Geelong, Carlton, St. Kilda, Brisbane, Gold Coast, North

No point doing this after 2 rounds...
This.

It's one of the most ridiculous trends in modern footy that nuffies crap on about All Australian teams and "locks" before we even get to the month of June.

Fans and commentators used to wait until mid-season (rounds 10, 11, 12) before they'd start making predictions and saying their favourite player was "having an All Australian year"

These days, everyone wants to be the first to get in with their worthless opinions.

The downside to this, in my opinion, is that some players do become AA "locks" based on their stellar early season form, while the true best players in the comp will often take a month or two before they hit their straps. Early season form is overrated IMO, especially when those March/April "champs" don't reach the same heights from June/July/August.

Todd Marshall right now has his hands up for the chf spot

At the pointy end of most of if not all the forward stats.

25th goals
2nd shots at goal
5th goal assists (1st kf)
7th score involvements (1st kf)
16th contested 1 on 1s
6th contested offensive wins
3rd marks (1st kf)
1st marks on lead
1st marks inside 50
31st contested marks (14th kf)
2nd for disposals amongst kfs

You don’t truely believe that do you?

No point doing this after 2 rounds, with some teams having played more games than others. But I was bored so I did it anyway:

FB: Stewart - Taylor - Ryan
HB: Wanganeen-Milera - Andrews - Houston
C: Warner - Green - Rozee
HF: Heeney - McKay - Petracca
FF: Fristch - Hogan - Weightman

Fol: Jackson - Butters - Serong
IC: Bontempelli - Rowell - Davies-Uniacke - Blakey

3: Sydney, Freo, Port, GWS
2: Melbourne, WB
1: Geelong, Carlton, St. Kilda, Brisbane, Gold Coast, North

Small sample size so far obviously, but Powell ahead of LDU so far this year from our perspective.

From Carlton I think Cripps, McGovern, and McKay the only potentials. Saad should be close too but they rarely pick defenders off the backline. On players that can run and carry or not play on a man and get intercepts.

Everyone does realise that when someone refers to anyone as a “lock” that they mean if the team was picked right now, yeah?
No.

I use it exclusively to mean that if the player nominated were to play no more games, they would still earn an All-Australian selection. They are "locked in" to the AA squad.

No.

I use it exclusively to mean that if the player nominated were to play no more games, they would still earn an All-Australian selection. They are "locked in" to the AA squad.
I’m referring to those who are saying it after 3, 4, 5 games etc. where it’s blindingly obvious that they’re not suggesting that the guy is a lock in the end-of-year team, if say they broke down at training this week and didn’t play another game for the rest of the season.

They’re just saying that if the team was picked today (which is what I would have thought was a “rolling AA team”) so-and-so would be an indisputable lock in that team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Clark. Taking the Pi55 surely.
No way Freo have taught him how to play footy.

I’m referring to those who are saying it after 3, 4, 5 games etc. where it’s blindingly obvious that they’re not suggesting that the guy is a lock in the end-of-year team, if say they broke down at training this week and didn’t play another game for the rest of the season.

They’re just saying that if the team was picked today (which is what I would have thought was a “rolling AA team”) so-and-so would be an indisputable lock in that team.
This is an egregious and outrageous abuse of the English language.

Jordan Clark. Taking the Pi55 surely.
No way Freo have taught him how to play footy.
He's been excellent so far this year. Wouldn't be too far off it if based off 2 rounds. He looks to be playing with more of an edge as well, putting his body on the line and made a crucial smother. Deserves some recognition.

1st picked = Tom Stewart

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Personally think Sam Taylor is the best player in the competition
With Tom Stewart the second best
Never thought I would think two defenders are the best two player's in the competition

Never thought I would think two defenders are the best two player's in the competition
Interesting.

I don't think any defenders are close to being the best players in the competition because it's the easiest part of the ground to play.

Backlines are full of failed forwards.

He's been excellent so far this year. Wouldn't be too far off it if based off 2 rounds. He looks to be playing with more of an edge as well, putting his body on the line and made a crucial smother. Deserves some recognition.
Didn't work hard enough to make it work with us so washed my hands of him. Hope his career is unfulfilled.

Can't judge defensive players until they play everyone imo. The difference between a spud like Mihocek and a gun key forward like Cameron or Curnow is astronomical.

For us, I think J. Cameron, Stewart, Miers and Holmes are the likely contenders. Early days yet though. Be interesting to see how the year pans out.

Think Tom Green, Isaac Heeney and Caleb Serong have established themselves along S. Taylor, Gawn, Gulden, Stewart, Merrett, NWM, Butters, H. McKay, Rowell and Petracca, as the front runners for a spot early on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back