2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I know midfield spots are very tricky but how far away is Adam Treloar?

Chad Warner is really starting to put his hand up for a spot now and while Gulden has been great, it might be at his expense as it's not feasible to have 3 mids from the same team in it.

Based on last night's game,

L Ryan isn't AA and didn't stand out for me - stat plodder who takes kick ins, gets the 1:2 and plays loose and deep. High Rebounds like most in that role, but doesn't get up the ground, with only 9 inside 50s for the year.... Nic Martin, Flanders, Blakey, Houston, Sinclair are at 20+ (Whitfield just under).

Serong gets a lot of ball but is incredibly undamaging.

Neither would be in my team, especially given how many contested ball winners are also damaging this year (Heeney, Cripps, Bont, Daicos, Trac, Rowell and Walsh if he can stay injury free).

Yeo would be up there but injured and hard to make to from a bottom side.

Wingers (from those not listed) between Merrett, Gulden, Warner, Kelly. Imagine you could qualify Walsh on Wing.

Mid forwards (from those not listed above) between Bolton, Rankin - imagine you could qualify Bont, Trac and Heeney in the HF.

If desperate to get more mids in, Daicos to HBF.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

surely he's not even close this season

KYLE ‘KYLE LANGFORD’ LANGFORD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad Warner is really starting to put his hand up for a spot now and while Gulden has been great, it might be at his expense as it's not feasible to have 3 mids from the same team in it.

Gulden has been a bit down on last years form, not a lot, he has still been really good, but he has not been great like last year. That form could come though.

Dylan Moore having a sneaky good year after having a third of his preseason wiped out with glandular fever.

Why not? Given both Warner and Heeney are playing a bit forward either/both could reasonably be named HFF. If they're good enough they're good enough.

I don't think Warner is quite there yet but he's on the periphery and could easily get there by seasons end without Gulden needing to drop off.

Why not? Given both Warner and Heeney are playing a bit forward either/both could reasonably be named HFF. If they're good enough they're good enough.

I don't think Warner is quite there yet but he's on the periphery and could easily get there by seasons end without Gulden needing to drop off.
Warner has been getting plenty of ball the last month, but his disposal has been questionable at times. A bit Dangerfield if you will, quick and capable of pulling off some great kicks, but will also hit some absolute shanks straight to defenders, or kick 65m behinds lol

Gulden has been a bit down on last years form, not a lot, he has still been really good, but he has not been great like last year. That form could come though.
Gulden a little down on last year but still excellent and in the running for an AA winger spot along with Merrett. Warner is back to, if not better than his 2022 when he made AA squad. If they keep it up, reckon one will make it at the others expense.

From Sydney, Heeney, Blakey and one of Gulden / Warner wouldn't be unreasonable based on the first 9 games, with Warner more visibly impactful.

If both are excellent, Gulden on Wing and Warner can compete for HFF with Bont and Trac. Not uncommon to have 3-5 in AA if your team dominates the H&A season.

Last edited:
Gulden a little down on last year but still excellent and in the running for an AA winger spot along with Merrett. Warner is back to, if not better than his 2022 when he made AA squad. If they keep it up, reckon one will make it at the others expense.

From Sydney, Heeney, Blakey and one of Gulden / Warner wouldn't be unreasonable based on the first 9 games, with Warner more visibly impactful.

Merrett's playing in the guts.

Merrett's playing in the guts.
If I was picking my starting mids right now, it would be Heeney, Bont and Cripps (the former two have kicked 2x more goals than Merrett too).

Definitely warrants a spot but given his higher uncontested:contested, and lower clearance numbers, wing wouldn't be out of the ordinary (or interchange). Similar to Daicos - may end up HBF, and Trac - at HFF (or also Bont or Heeney) so they can squeeze other mids into the side.

Merrett has been excellent, but so have many. Rowell, Green, Walsh and Butters all in the mix.

Last edited:
If I was picking my starting mids right now, it would be Heeney, Bont and Cripps (the former two have kicked 2x more goals than Merrett too).

Definitely warrants a spot but given his higher uncontested:contested, and lower clearance numbers, wing wouldn't be out of the ordinary (or interchange). Similar to Daicos - may end up HBF, and Trac - at HFF (or also Bont or Heeney) so they can squeeze other mids into the side.

Merrett has been excellent, but so have many. Rowell, Green, Walsh and Butters all in the mix.

Merrett is the starting rover. He’s 2nd in coaches and AA votes, the rest of this post is just your unappreciated sprog decorating the keyboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back