Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that bad for anyone thinking of putting the (C) on Gawn .....I'm not risking Gawn this week
Having watched Tom for a few years, I don't think there's much danger.

Edit: I don't want to be overly denigrating to Tom. Lovely bloke from all accounts and gives his all. But has never been SC relevant. Would've been interesting if he never had the break from footy to play basketball.

Last edited:
After 2 taxing games for the others in Darwin should be almost a lock to come back next week
logically, wouldnt you bring him in this week if the rest of the team all had a 5 day break. dont get his logic not to bring him back in. to me it would mean more like hes not really in the mix to be picked?

logically, wouldnt you bring him in this week if the rest of the team all had a 5 day break. dont get his logic not to bring him back in. to me it would mean more like hes not really in the mix to be picked?
It's a tough read. Dimma has talked about resting the kids so it could be Graham getting a rest to return, or just out of the mix. Happy to hold for a week given his BE and DPP to find out

The match committee logic was to hold back Fiorini & Swallow last week as fresh legs for this week. Graham played VFL on the weekend so not as fresh as those two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played VFL on Sunday. We knew then he wasn't going to get a recall. Would have been travelling to Darwin and playing on a 4 day break. Was never going to happen. If they had injuries from Saturday or thought he was required, they would have pulled him from the VFL game.

****ing traps galore this week

Breville - Z Bailey a week away, Dev Robertson and Answorth tests

Richards - De Goey, Titch and Harrison tests , McCreery 1 week

Mcauliffe might have be the great white hope

Thoughts on Hardemans medium term job security ? I.e, will he provide some bye cover?

I know he's had a price rise already, and probably won't make a bunch of cash, but I've a spare trade burning a hole in my pocket, and Coffield sitting around doing nuffin

I wouldn’t
You're probably right.

I could move Graham to defense and go Coff to Sullivan, but it kind of locks him and his cash in there until a def rook comes along, also kills my def-mid swing.

I could also just do nothing, save the trade, and wait for a better prospect.

Dunno this week. I am just very conscious of the byes, Round 14 especially

Just FYI Ridley being fit again may impact Zach Reid's chances to get back in the side.

All preseason they trained McKay Reid and Ridley together. But right now aside from Laverde all the other defenders are in form so not sure who they take out for both.

I’m holding Graham for now

He’s on the fringe so probably some mooing left. For now a useful DPP swing set/loophole with Clothesline (from next week)

Held Sexton (with combden) for same reasons, and has paid off so fingers crossed the SC gods are kind to me

I’m holding Graham for now

He’s on the fringe so probably some mooing left. For now a useful DPP swing set/loophole with Clothesline (from next week)

Held Sexton (with combden) for same reasons, and has paid off so fingers crossed the SC gods are kind to me
I reckon Graham will get a second sustained run & has money still to make ....for me, it was a choice of trading Howes or Graham .....that DPP is also going to come in handy ( I hope)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back