Game Day 2024 Round 02 Sydney v Essendon @ SCG @ 7:30 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midfield has got to get in harder. Absolutely getting shellacked there.

Letting that little turd Merrett have his own way.
Rowbottom has to see ball get ball. Only 2 disposals

But jeez he has a few tackles… Star according to some.

Unfortunately Grundy, Jordon and Corey were all poor.

But Lizard, Errol and Heeney (plus Campbell) all started to get involved -
And when they did, we looked the goods.

Rowy has been quiet - not sure if he was sent to lockdown on Merrett?

Few in here need to settle down. Bombers playing out of their skins and if not for a few missed chances, we'd be 4 goals up.
Problem is they've got the outlets everywhere just haven't been able to use them effectively. Playing on a knifes edge like that could put us way back on the scoreboard with 5 minutes of effective essendon play. All good the oppo being up and about but we are way off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Grundy, Jordon and Corey were all poor.

But Lizard, Errol and Heeney (plus Campbell) all started to get involved -
And when they did, we looked the goods.

Rowy has been quiet - not sure if he was sent to lockdown on Merrett?

Is hopeless if on Merrett

Problem is they've got the outlets everywhere just haven't been able to use them effectively. Playing on a knifes edge like that could put us way back on the scoreboard with 5 minutes of effective essendon play. All good the oppo being up and about but we are way off.
We’ll switch on now.
Our third quarters are good.

Very scrappy getting harassed by the Don's and giving away the ball. Look really good with the ball but clearances are a serious worry. Need to straighten up the goal kicking as well.
Just need some composure around the ball and grind them down. They are playing the niggle game not sure they need to they are competing really well.

I can't even work out what the ruck frees are even for, even when I watch games a netrual.

with grundy though it’s often obvious.he wraps both arms around his opponent or when he is out of position he tries to push them under the ball. Both are a result of starting behind and I think both reflect is lack of vertical leap so he needs to pin his opponent to the ground.

He’s a good follower - tackles well and follows up well but he’s not a great ruckman - he’s like the annti Naismith - does things around the ground but not great at rucking and has been like this for a number of years.

Rubbish. He stands still and doesn't put any pressure on his man.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

He is there to hurt sides the attacking way sure great if he defends but who really cares. If he sets up goals that’s all I care about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back