Preview 2024 Round 2 Freo v Roos

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This weeks game is more of a challenge than Brisbane.
Last year these were the games that ruined our season.
Longmuir better not let this one slip.
I had us dropping this game, and us finishing 5th.

So for me, a win is a bonus ><

It will probably be Davies or Draper down back but Voss has played there as a junior. Bigger body, more experience. Not sure if he has trained there with Freo.

Could see Treacy back and Tabs/Voss/Reidy in for structure up forward.
Rather Tabs up forward. Treacy helping out in defence and perhaps Reidy as back up ruck now there’s 3 outs at least.
Think treacy trialled as cox 2.0 / genuine swingman is a great option vs north. He has the competitiveness and pressure to wipe oppo forwards. If voss his replacement, can always swap them over for same purpose.

Think both have shown enough traits to be developed as swingmen. And this is the match to do it in, where it should be a comfortable win. (assuming we don’t have any more 2023 awfulness left in the team locker…)

Walker in for worner is a good swap - upgrade thouugh thought worner played well.

Reallly only disappointing player was hughes, and he is a slow starter so should improve from Here. (Not going anywhere else until chappie returns!;)

Pearce v Larkey is obvious. I didn't watch the North game, but I assume Coleman-Jones was down there. He would be close to the worst KPF getting a game in the competition and would be a great first opponent to introduce Draper/Davies to the AFL. I'd play Hughes on Zurharr. Ryan can play on some greenhorn like Ford or Curtis and dominate like he did against Brisbane.

We should absolutely not move Young back there. I just can't fathom that when he is a main cog in the midfield. We've got Walker who could replace Worner. Banfield wasn't terrible. There's no need yet to take Young out of the middle.

Walker should come in for Worner, Ryan to play 2nd tall and Draper to come in as a 3rd tall/intercept. Draper is a decent intercept mark and is tall enough to swap with Ryan depending on matchups

Picture this... a young defender makes the trip to Docklands as an emergency against North, gets a late call up to make his debut not as a defender but as a forward and kicks four goals to win the match.

I really think keeping Young in the mids is of the utmost importance. With Cox and Mcdonald injured, our backup Key defensive stocks feature Davies, Draper and Murphy. I'd be tempted to give Draper a crack, due to his superior ball use, but Davies might be able to take a 3rd tall.
I agree - Young in the midfield was instrumental in some defensive tackles at stoppages. Once we have the ball back he spreads and we hurt them the other way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was listening to mark Duffield ..he mentioned Treacy tackle on mckenna..does he has anything worry about?

who's been playing better for Peel consistently since last year as a KPD, Davies or Draper? I haven't watched any games. Appreciate any thoughts by those that consistently do.

who's been playing better for Peel consistently since last year as a KPD, Davies or Draper? I haven't watched any games. Appreciate any thoughts by those that consistently do.
Davies more as a KPD but Ryan is much better than both in that role still. I'll be shocked if they dont give Draper the nod after his preseason to be honest

I think we shouldn’t mess with the structure. Dogga rucking with JT as number 2 worked a treat with that new look powerful midfield. Amiss and JT look to have a bigger bromance happening than Cox and Ryan. Voss in for Cox. Walker for Worner (who played quite well) writes itself. Draper in for OMac. Obviously Alex goes to Larkey and Draper gets first crack at Coleman-Jones, a fairly soft start. Ryan or Hughes can step in where necessary. I put a defensive forward on Sheezel, probably Banners.

I think we shouldn’t mess with the structure. Dogga rucking with JT as number 2 worked a treat with that new look powerful midfield. Amiss and JT look to have a bigger bromance happening than Cox and Ryan. Voss in for Cox. Walker for Worner (who played quite well) writes itself. Draper in for OMac. Obviously Alex goes to Larkey and Draper gets first crack at Coleman-Jones, a fairly soft start. Ryan or Hughes can step in where necessary. I put a defensive forward on Sheezel, probably Banners.

This is the way.

I'm so glad we're back. Let's back it up again this week. Excited to see how Voss goes too if he gets the nod

This week VS North is a good week to bring in Draper.

Voss to replace Cox - Tabs needs a few weeks to build his fitness.
Walker for Worner - No brainer
Draper for McDonald

Anyone who wants Tracy as a swingman is crazy. We are building a forward line, with him and Amiss at it's base. They need to be kept there. Tracy was great against Brisban and set up so many goals with his play, tackles and getting the ball to the ground. He even clunked a few marks.

I'd like to see Cooper in this week as Sub, but can't see any other changes.

This week VS North is a good week to bring in Draper.

Voss to replace Cox - Tabs needs a few weeks to build his fitness.
Walker for Worner - No brainer
Draper for McDonald

Anyone who wants Tracy as a swingman is crazy. We are building a forward line, with him and Amiss at it's base. They need to be kept there. Tracy was great against Brisban and set up so many goals with his play, tackles and getting the ball to the ground. He even clunked a few marks.

I'd like to see Cooper in this week as Sub, but can't see any other changes.
Rightly or wrongly JOM will be back.

I am feeling a 40-50 point win here. Percentage will look mint. The season rolls on and we head to the bye entrenched in the top 4.

Season 2024 - you beauty!

Back