Autopsy 2024 Round 3 Bruising Blues Too Much For Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 3 vs North?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

E Hollands has a bit of a ‘strut’ to him as well which is not a bad thing for our group.

Maybe a guy who thrives on the big stage rather than the relative backwater of the Gold Coast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What really impressed me is he was obviously nervous and fumbly early but didn’t stop or give up and got better as game went on. Says a lot

What really impressed me is he was obviously nervous and fumbly early but didn’t stop or give up and got better as game went on. Says a lot
Actually, without any negative connotations, I think he reminded me a bit of Ben Cousins with his style.

In his last 9 seasons the Lions played 2 finals. Sadly once against us when he took 10 marks and kicked 4g 3b.

He retired after a shocking head injury mid season and missed the last 10 games of that season which also skewers the figures further. He was a pretty resilient player considering that he continually put himself in more danger than pretty much every player in the comp.

By all means have a crack at his media career but the bloke was a gun footballer who anyone would have been proud to go out into battle behind.

I always liked Sam Pangs line to Brownie when they first met:

Sam: 'Brownie -What a career - 3 flags across a 13 year career !"

Brownie: "I played 15 years Sam"

Sam : 'Oh yeah - but I thought we weren't counting the last two....."

Cripps might be leading the brownlow and hes kicked the ball about 6 times this season. His timing at stoppages is just on another level this year and he looks ripped.
Not trying to be a superhero and doing the proper captain things. Load is being shared and we look good.

I know Durds didn’t get a lot of it, but I think he made our forward line more dangerous. Thought he was better than Owies.

I think we are a long way off knowing our best forward line combo

Charlie McKay & Martin are the pillars for me
Fogarty is impressing me for his defence alone. Can we then carry Cottrell and/or Cuningham if they don't do enough offensively? I think we struggle to kick enough easy goals against good opposition

IMO Motlop we need. Has some X factor. E.Hollands as High HF/midfielder looks good so far

I am hoping Fantasia steps us as he brings what we need. Speed and smarts. Durdin has similar traits but hasn't produced enough, yet.

Owies is a good solid player that will bob up and do his job

Moir looks extremely talented but I don't think he's ready yet

Actually, without any negative connotations, I think he reminded me a bit of Ben Cousins with his style.
Are we talking hair or play....? ;)

Seriously though if he becomes anywhere near the player Cuz was ON FIELD, WOW.
I can see what you are saying though , super impressive Blue debut.

And hoping he has given up trying to be as good as him OFF FIELD. 🥳

Super important trait to have. He also looks like the type to maintain swagger even if it hasn't gone his way.

It took some hubris to take that hangar in D50 lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Favourite part of the telecast was whenever they cut to Clarkson. The looks on his face were priceless. All sorts of emotions, none positive. Anger, confusion, bewildered, frustration, resignation.

Pretty to watch.

I’m calling it - he won’t see out his contract and wouldn’t surprise me if he pulls the pin after this season.

You can see it in his eyes - he’s lost the spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moir looks extremely talented but I don't think he's ready yet
Went and watched the VFL game yesterday. Totally agree that he's not quite ready to step up to AFL, but you can see that he'll be a better player at AFL level when he has the better players around him rather than in the magoo's - similar to Carroll. He'll get a call up sooner rather than later.

There are players who still play U18 football when they first step up to senior level, and those who immediately have AFL traits as soon as they step in. Moir definitely in that category compared to players like Binnsy and Lemm.

Apart from the players who are walk up starts to bring in when they're ready to go - ie Walsh, Martin and Motlop - the only others who can step in to play their role right now are Pitto, Cinc, Kemp and Young - possibly Cow as well. Binnsy will get an opportunity sometime later this year as will Moir - but the others are still well off making their debuts at this stage.

Back