Autopsy 2024 Round 3 Bruising Blues Too Much For Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 3 vs North?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the replay a while ago and have a look at Vossy on the bench with 10 minutes to play in the last q.

Charlie had just limped off but his unbelievable intensity on what was happening out on the ground was amazing/scary.

You would think scores were level in a GF not 9 goals up and game in the bag.

Very impressive, there will be no relaxing here........ HERE,NO RELAXING! 😍

He will not rest till holding up 17 and even then not for long I feel.

:blueheart:

Great/sound win by the boys. Did what u would expect a good side to do against a weaker side like north.
The only thing I did notice every now and then was some fumbles when under no real pressure

Classy by the Blues defenders to get around Coleman Jones as he left the ground.

Thought Voss & Hansen were smart to give the Kennedy, E.Hollands, etc an extended run on the ball in the second half just to see what else lies under the hood should it be needed.

Hewett was my best today with Harry very close behind.

I like the midfield rotation because if we want to go deep in September, we actually need to give our starting mids a 'rest' during games throughout the season...rather than running them into the ground with high TOG% all while playing midfield and then struggling physically during finals.

On Coleman Jones, did anyone else notice no North players went to him? At least not from what I saw on the coverage...looked really poor on them that it was 3 Carlton players who gave him a sympathetic tap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to be happy with that. With our propensity to have poor quarters and let weaker sides in the game, winning all four quarters and by almost 10 goals in the end is a great outcome. We looked the better side for the entire game, as we should.

We did cough up several gift goals again with clangers, and I’m far from sold on Marchbank over Kemp.

Big H utterly dominant. I’m rapt for him to show the haters what he can do. Is on All Australian pace right now.

Hewett back to his best form and a deeper mix of midfield options is looking good, too. Loving what I’m seeing from Carroll. I’d still like more pace in there, but I don’t think we have it on the list right now.

North have some great youth and a few key pieces… but gee they’ve got some gaping holes in the list, too. Good luck to Toby Pink, but the poor bugger looked horrendously outgunned trying to stop Charlie.

Marchy first game this year and the free kicks against were very soft.

Over the journey I can see why he is preferred to Kemp. Kemp is improving and a good interceptor but he loses contested 1v1 situations more often than Marchbank. Kemp is more of a third tall forced to play second KPD.

Both have a clanger in them but again in recent times I can remember more Kemp clangers that have cost us goals.

I think we are a long way off knowing our best forward line combo

Charlie McKay & Martin are the pillars for me
Fogarty is impressing me for his defence alone. Can we then carry Cottrell and/or Cuningham if they don't do enough offensively? I think we struggle to kick enough easy goals against good opposition

IMO Motlop we need. Has some X factor. E.Hollands as High HF/midfielder looks good so far

I am hoping Fantasia steps us as he brings what we need. Speed and smarts. Durdin has similar traits but hasn't produced enough, yet.

Owies is a good solid player that will bob up and do his job

Moir looks extremely talented but I don't think he's ready yet

Loving our small forward and high half forward depth and competition for spots at the moment...huge improvement in recent years.

Pressure is on for all of them to keep performing, none of them are untouchable.

Having said that, think Cottrell for now is best 22...good tank, competitive animal, can rotate high half forward and wing, plus kicks goals.

Cunners is the one probably most at risk if E Hollands can keep performing...but North was a nice, easy opponent for Hollands on his debut.

Then out of Motlop, Durdin, Fog, Owies and Fantasia I think we can only have Max 3 of them if Martin is fit.

Fog is lacking offensively but almost a lock right now with the defensive stuff plus is a mid rotation.

Other 4 to battle it out for the 2 small forward spots.

While i prefer Voss doesn’t step too far away from our contested game, I think it's great that we are banking wins and improving our turnover game

A few other myths have been dispelled. Kennedy and Hewett can coexist in the same side and have impact

Hewett, Elijah, Kennedy all rotated and or spent time in the forward arc

Cerra did stints at HB. Harry is cashing in on a huge couple of preseasons

This side is building cohesion

I’m calling it - he won’t see out his contract and wouldn’t surprise me if he pulls the pin after this season.

You can see it in his eyes - he’s lost the spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way he and fagas looked this past two nights I don't think there meeting went well -- maybe going to follow them for a while

I know Durds didn’t get a lot of it, but I think he made our forward line more dangerous. Thought he was better than Owies.
I liken he’s potential game/attributes to Daniels from GWS, a clever and dangerous small, great work rate and pressure can play high or close to goal…
Injuries have curtailed his development a bit after a promising start to his career, 21yrs 36 games…

Last edited:
Martin just did another hammy I think. Might be a little way off.

..face palm…

It’s in the latest Injury report 26th March - (Blue Healers thread)

Jack MartinHamstringExperienced a low-grade hamstring injury at training on Monday.
Unavailable for selection this week. (Update: 26 March)

Back