Game Day 2024 Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, not selecting Jarryd Lyons in my initial SC side after considering him, is my first win of the season. Gone after 1 game.

Confused Little Girl GIF

The only way is up ....

GIF by BBC Taster
Hopefully. Started about 110k after week 1 last year too, and was still 92k after Rd 11, but managed to get to 32k by the end. Going to be the same this year I reckon.

Although, played SC about a decade ago and had 4 finishes inside 4k overall back when I played (highest 220). So, I'm guessing it's a combination of me being rubbish these days and it being too easy with the amount of trades and info available?

Hopefully. Started about 110k after week 1 last year too, and was still 92k after Rd 11, but managed to get to 32k by the end. Going to be the same this year I reckon.

Although, played SC about a decade ago and had 4 finishes inside 4k overall back when I played (highest 220). So, I'm guessing it's a combination of me being rubbish these days and it being too easy with the amount of trades and info available?

SC a rough ride .

Roller Coaster Spinning GIF
Pass Out Mr Bean GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More people play it now than back then too. To even finish top 1000 you need so much luck

Wow that is surprising to me......maybe because of the sub rule and byes lots of players dropped off
True! They're definitely a nuisance getting worse with R0 nonsense. Although, back then once first bounce happened on a Friday night you were locked out of making any changes to your team until things opened on a Monday or Tuesday.

Wow that is surprising to me......maybe because of the sub rule and byes lots of players dropped off

I guess the sub rule some people couldn't be stuffed checking the subs each game .
And people lost interest for whatever reason spending time with their families kids etc.

Choosing a new hobbies like stamp collection, Strap booking , bird watching .

I guess the sub rule some people couldn't be stuffed checking the subs each game .
And people lost interest for whatever reason spending time with their families kids etc.

Choosing a new hobbies like stamp collection, Strap booking , bird watching .
The game has been made harder to play for the casual Coach .....you've got to stay on top of late outs, AFL coach shenanigans, looping ect .....most casual players could not be bothered putting in the time required

The game has been made harder to play for the casual Coach .....you've got to stay on top of late outs, AFL coach shenanigans, looping ect .....most casual players could not be bothered putting in the time required
I think that's balanced by the plethora of podcasts and youtube video's that give the casuals a huge leg up.

That's why the best rookies have huge ownership for example.

I think that's balanced by the plethora of podcasts and youtube video's that give the casuals a huge leg up.

That's why the best rookies have huge ownership for example.
I remember attending GWS match sim in their first yr when there was almost no intel around about it back then. Big leg up at the time, now it's all public knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back