Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

If you have a bad start, and by bad I mean you've missed a heap of must-haves, your structure is wrong, and your rank is terrible, you simply have to burn through trades early, more so than ever, because it's harder to make up ground in best of 18 scoring.

There is such thing as a terrible starting side. We've had 2.5 rounds, we've seen enough to see what's going on.

Do you sit and wait, be stubborn and convince yourself your s**t starting side will come good, hope for lots of injuries and others to burn through trades so you can try overtake late, or do you move now and make it fun and interesting? The latter all day every day.

Differences of opinions makes this game and this forum great. GL everybody. I hope we get a winner from the BF SC ranks again. All I know is, it won't be me.

1711434850085.png
giphy.gif

Here’s an interesting one.

Would anyone consider trading out Harley Reid?

Plenty of cash cows in the forward line and would allow a Gibcus to become D’Ambrosio giving the backline a bit more stability?
It's a good question, would need to be a very strong team to do it imo. Reid has the rare rookie advantage of job security but his TOG is being managed and he wasn't a massive junior scorer. I'm in the hold camp but a few more 60s might change that

Plenty of cash cows in the forward line and would allow a Gibcus to become D’Ambrosio giving the backline a bit more stability?
Yes I'd do it if I needed the cash and the rest of my rooks were about to rise nicely.

I look at booting Harley next week for Sam Darcy I think.

Yes.

I reckon he's odds on to land on my chopping block next week.

Because he started at the elevated price, his price increases and breakevens are modest given his scores.

He doesn't have the tank to stay on the park for long enough to score really well, and unlike McKercher at the Roos who has the tasty seagull role, he's been thrust into the middle to take on the big guys and earn every possession. It may benefit him in the long run but it ain't great for fantasy footy.

He's gonna be a jet, but right now I can see Lazzaro, for example, putting out a nice cash-boosting score moreso than Reid

It's a good question, would need to be a very strong team to do it imo. Reid has the rare rookie advantage of job security but his TOG is being managed and he wasn't a massive junior scorer. I'm in the hold camp but a few more 60s might change that
IMG_7205.jpeg
IMG_7206.jpeg

This is how it’s looking currently.

If you have a bad start, and by bad I mean you've missed a heap of must-haves, your structure is wrong, and your rank is terrible, you simply have to burn through trades early, more so than ever, because it's harder to make up ground in best of 18 scoring.

There is such thing as a terrible starting side. We've had 2.5 rounds, we've seen enough to see what's going on.

Do you sit and wait, be stubborn and convince yourself your s**t starting side will come good, hope for lots of injuries and others to burn through trades so you can try overtake late, or do you move now and make it fun and interesting? The latter all day every day.

Differences of opinions makes this game and this forum great. GL everybody. I hope we get a winner from the BF SC ranks again. All I know is, it won't be me.

View attachment 1940157
giphy.gif

Realistically, everybody's trading.

The disagreement is about how we're trading, not that we are.

It's Round 3 FFS. I'd do five trades if they let me. Prices are about to change people.

P.s. Chin up Steve. I predict your ranking rises every week for the next month. Bad luck's temporary, being a Collingwood supporter is permanent mate

No, you know there is a 120+ boom game somewhere. If you looking at Darcy (I assume everyone is) I rather trade Sexton/Windsor or some dead rookie.

No, you know there is a 120+ boom game somewhere. If you looking at Darcy (I assume everyone is) I rather trade Sexton/Windsor or some dead rookie.
Darcy would probably be the natural trade for him but this thought process was more to be able to trade Gibcus to D’Ambrosio. Ideally I think I would trade Sexton, but it leaves me just short of cash to complete D’Ambrosio trade.

The fun of SC, always being a few grand short.

Darcy would probably be the natural trade for him but this thought process was more to be able to trade Gibcus to D’Ambrosio. Ideally I think I would trade Sexton, but it leaves me just short of cash to complete D’Ambrosio trade.

The fun of SC, always being a few grand short.
Yep. I was $12k short of doing
Coffield to Mass
S Berry to Kerch (made me some cash)
Terry to Powell.

Now I have to figure out whether or not to slaughter Young and bank nearly $400k, or go early on a Howes type before he’s finished mooing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1940157
giphy.gif

Even if you have a good start you should still burn through trades early

Saving trades is like kissing your sister

The main one I can't wrap my head around is Hogan, presuming most trading him out have already traded him in

Did they not realise he only played one game before a bye?

Yes, he only scored 66 but his BE is still 34. Could still make good coin.
Plans vs SC reality

Also, why are you bringing logic to the discussion :p

View attachment 1940157
giphy.gif
You’ll be alright mate.
You know what your doing - if it turn to s**t, just trade in the players you like watching and care less :D

I just throw caution to the wind when trading especially in the early rounds.

If I see mistakes then I fix them. An example is getting Butters and Serong in this week who are must haves.

If I don't get them in now then they will be unattainable for ages and my season could be shot.

I trade hard and I trade fast. Trading is my speciality kenties.

Tom Cruise Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

If I see mistakes then I fix them. An example is getting Butters and Serong in this week who are must haves.

If I don't get them in now then they will be unattainable for ages and my season could be shot.

Yeah, but, have you got Hayden Young?

100%

Trade him - better options everywhere

This post is like Sydney Sweeney explaining why she wears tight fitting clothing, or a ruckman explaining why they handball a lot.
All you need to say is…
Thats Me Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

🥰

Just because it’s come to my mind again, where’s that guy that said Martin to Serong was a waste last week because players rarely go big twice :moustache:

wernt they your trade ins last week? 😂
Yep double roughie ftw!
Berry was always going this week.
Billings got me serong so I'm pretty happy with the trade.
I console myself with the fact I could not have afforded serong mass and Powell this week without the amount billings and Terry went up last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back