Trades 2024 Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Bevo has just lost the playing group, they're a mess. Surprised he isn't sacked yet. They'll either have a few big performances and bounce back, or he'll be sacked.

Meek to English to $100k pleeeeeeeeeeease :)

119 / 138 / 128 / 117. Completely horrible outputs.

We talking about what english is scoring yeah, and not what his opponents are? Didn't realise this game was about his opposition scores that aren't in the team.

Weird takes.
And 2 of those games were against Moyle and Williams so I would not read anything into those scores.

Most ruck's have scored huge against Williams historically.

The facts are the opposition ruckman can now block his jump and any smart coach will tell his ruckman to run across the line at the centre bounce to stop English from leaping.

So as Waynesworld mentioned above, unless English gets more involved around the ground by taking more marks then his scores this year will not be anywhere near what he achieved last year.

I reckon Bevo has just lost the playing group, they're a mess. Surprised he isn't sacked yet. They'll either have a few big performances and bounce back, or he'll be sacked.

Meek to English to $100k pleeeeeeeeeeease :)
I have Meek but I will be going to Roma.

You would think that Darcy will get more exposure to the ruck as the season goes along especially if the Dogs go into freefall. No guarantee that English will be there next year.

And 2 of those games were against Moyle and Williams so I would not read anything into those scores.

Most ruck's have scored huge against Williams historically.

The facts are the opposition ruckman can now block his jump and any smart coach will tell his ruckman to run across the line at the centre bounce to stop English from leaping.

So as Waynesworld mentioned above, unless English gets more involved around the ground by taking more marks then his scores this year will not be anywhere near what he achieved last year.
Meek owners need an R2 next to big Maxy Gawn.

I think Marshall goes 115-118 (slight increase from last year). He's about to start rising. Will be $630k+ in 2 weeks.

I think English can match Marshall, but has a higher ceiling if things click (or if Bevo gets sacked lol). Up against Marshall, then Darcy/Jackson, he might drop to $580k.

So in round 9, do you pay $580k for English or $630k for Marshall?

Obviously scores over the next 2 weeks will determine what happens, a lot can change, but it's going to be an interesting decision.

I have Meek but I will be going to Roma.

You would think that Darcy will get more exposure to the ruck as the season goes along especially if the Dogs go into freefall. No guarantee that English will be there next year.
Just posted above.

Might be $50k difference between English and RoMa in rd9. $50k saved and higher ceiling, I'm leaning towards English.

We'll see...

Good post and sound argument.

I guess the counters to your counter would be: B/E of 55, still priced at sub 120 (I think, haven't done the maths) despite averaging 144 and a white hot captaincy option (which an undervalued premo may not be). So you are going to be waiting a while for him to come back down to a price lower than he currently is. I've played this game of waiting for a price drop with the likes of Sam Docherty when he was the best in the business one season and you end up so far back from the pack because, not only are you missing the scores, but you missing the double whammy of the captaincy score on the really big weeks.

Yep & in the meantime he’s got the Suns @ home & that hawks rabble at the G, so I dare say he goes 130-150 both weeks & likely be hitting 680-700k & out of reach.

I’m in.

Any news on MKing?

I don’t want to trade him unless forced.

Tell ‘em it’s just flesh wounds
Monty Python Fight GIF

He's still a chance of playing but I'm probably going to ditch him even if he plays, his breakeven is 129 now so he will likely lose more cash.

I traded him in to be a cash cow rather than a keeper so if he isn't going to make any more cash it's time to cash out and try someone else.

Last edited:
He's still a chance of playing but I'm probably going to ditch him even if he plays, his breakeven is 129 now so he will likely lose more cash.

I traded him in to be a cash cow rather than a keeper so if he isn't going to make any more cash it's time to cash out and try someone else.
I feel like I haven’t given him a proper chance. That injury score of 9 will disappear soon

Anyway, let’s see if he is named first.
Then I can be a stubborn Kentie & keep him :p

I’m looking at;

McKercher > Garcia or McAuliffe
Burgess > Nyuon
Cadman > Heeney

Going early, again on rookies but I need to if I want to get Heeney I guess, risk vs. reward!

Thoughts?

It would leave me a forward line of Heeney, Flanders, Jackson, Powell, Dempsey and Darcy.

Question... why the need to go Jackson to Marshall this week? I was considering the same trade but leaning towards keeping Jackson as I don't trust Darcy to be back for good even if he is named this week as he just seems fragile. Is it worth the use of your last boost + going early on Howes for an arguably sideways move?

Some good points you raised.

Guess I'm just getting sick of Jackson not scoring enough points and I feel like Marshall is about to take off!

Just worried that Jackson throws out another 70 odd score and Marshall kills it making it hard to do the swap next week.

I don't really want to lose Howes or use my last boost though.

Some good points you raised.

Guess I'm just getting sick of Jackson not scoring enough points and I feel like Marshall is about to take off!

Just worried that Jackson throws out another 70 odd score and Marshall kills it making it hard to do the swap next week.

I don't really want to lose Howes or use my last boost though.
Feel like you'll be trading Jackson back in at some stage. In this forward premo landscape, he's a top one for sure. We'd all bet money that Darcy will get injured again, or at least rested a few times, so Jackson will have spike games.

Jackson is on my watchlist even with Darcy in the side. Averaged 87 with Darcy last year. You'd assume natural progression, better fitness, better marking, better forward craft, etc. says that increases slightly. 90-95 average is perfectly fine for F6, even if by some miracle Sean Darcy plays every single game from now until the end of the year. Plus you get ruck cover.

Didn't you start with Jackson? Just forgot about his price rises/falls, look at his average, you're winning overall. I reckon Jacko goes 100+ against the Eagles this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he isn’t named sub could be an option

Noice looking downgrade option next week for a 1 down/1 up to end the early byes and return to best 22 scorers.

next. wont go up a heap if he drops a 130. Could drop sub 100 and drop some more money

This week.

Still the best 'value' premo...Even if he gets right around his b/e there's no-one with his scoring ability around that price for the next few weeks.
Cheers, fellas.
Think I'll ultimately just grab him.
Don't see other options I like this week and have cash to spend.
Think there will be better buying in the coming weeks on other lines so would prefer to hold off there, and the plan going into the year was to not start Daicos and hope he shed around 100k and grab him post-bye.
He's fulfilled his part of the bargain, guess it's time for me to follow suit and close off the anti-POD.
Can see a world where he sheds another 10k or so if Drew goes to him (hasn't been doing much of that this year), but can probably wear that to lock him in for the rest of the year.

Seems to be very little talk of the Richmond rookie who will also be on the bubble next week? 117k midfielder.

Any info from Richmond supporters on McAuliffe?

I wouldn’t know what he looks like - does he have JS with Richmond’s current injury list?

Any news on MKing?

I don’t want to trade him unless forced.

Tell ‘em it’s just flesh wounds
Monty Python Fight GIF

Don’t think he’ll be playing based on Rosco’s comments :

"It's probably slim - more unlikely than likely. No structural damage - he's going to move today," Lyon said.

"But he'd have to give me confidence that he's right to go.

"We'd love him to play, but if he doesn't (Anthony) Caminiti showed in the second half he's in really good form, Tim Membrey's in pretty good nick.

"We're more than capable."

Seems to be very little talk of the Richmond rookie who will also be on the bubble next week? 117k midfielder.

I wouldn’t know what he looks like - does he have JS with Richmond’s current injury list?
Think because his first game was as a sub and he rolled the ankle.
Wait for someone genuinely across it, but fwiw:
Looks good. Fair size on him, had some nice score involvements.
Think they have Hopper coming back in, would assume he's a bench / sub-type operator.
Not bad by any means, take another look this week coming.

Last edited:

not much talk as he has a bye this week

Feel like you'll be trading Jackson back in at some stage. In this forward premo landscape, he's a top one for sure. We'd all bet money that Darcy will get injured again, or at least rested a few times, so Jackson will have spike games.

Jackson is on my watchlist even with Darcy in the side. Averaged 87 with Darcy last year. You'd assume natural progression, better fitness, better marking, better forward craft, etc. says that increases slightly. 90-95 average is perfectly fine for F6, even if by some miracle Sean Darcy plays every single game from now until the end of the year. Plus you get ruck cover.

Didn't you start with Jackson? Just forgot about his price rises/falls, look at his average, you're winning overall. I reckon Jacko goes 100+ against the Eagles this weekend.

If I had Jackson in my forward line it would be a different story but the fact that he is my R2 means I am leaking points to others who have Marshall or English at R2.

I started with Jackson but haven't done a roughie so far so not afraid to roughie him back in when he drops to $450k and Darcy is out for the rest of the season. :moustache:

If I had Jackson in my forward line it would be a different story but the fact that he is my R2 means I am leaking points to others who have Marshall or English at R2.

I started with Jackson but haven't done a roughie so far so not afraid to roughie him back in when he drops to $450k and Darcy is out for the rest of the season. :moustache:
Haha, how ******* saucy is this? Hadn't noticed it before. Can just imagine JM at his local chapter meeting of Tradeaholics Anonymous whispering in some young whippersnapper's ear... 'Nothing wrong with a cheeky Roughdog now and then, mate, live a little... don't listen to these eggheads :moustache:'
1713251891205.png

Meeks still 400k can you bring him in and keep Jacko?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back