Trades 2024 Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

First week this year that I have no idea what trades to make, so would love some help.

I’m currently ranked 294th overall.
31 trades and 3 boosts left. 85k in the bank.

Mckercher to Graham is all but locked in, but what else do you see here?
View attachment 1962496
In your position, apart from the Mckercher trade .....I'd be upgrading either Massimo or LDU

I'd pose the question though, trading Cadman over McKercher would give you almost the same $$$ .....and McKercher the potential to give you more $$$$ ...I'm assuming he plays this week

Most teams around you have Green ....there's the risk if Green goes big & LDU stinks again, you're behind the 8-ball .....that said LDU versus HAW should give you a good score, but the risk is there

Other alternatives ....Zerrett & Rowell ...both GC and ESS have fixture runs to drool over ....and both are relative PODS

You could hold LDU, and do a boost to add one of the above players as an addition to your midfield .....McKercher & Cadman down Sanders or Dempsey up

Fringe mid options for the bargain hunters.
Gooey....$432K, BE 53, 2% owned. Normally an 85 avg fwd or dpp, but 97 avg last season. 138 last week.
Adams....$437K, BE 73, 1% owned. Normally a 95-108 avge, but a bit of an injury risk. 97 1st game back.
Yeah, those two and others, there's a solid core of 10 blokes about to be at low, low prices who could all turn it around / rebound off the one low one.
Will see who presents in what order.

How is everyone else doing trades wise? Just wanted to compare how most are tracking with how many trades left?

I am looking at bringing in Chlosey, Graham and Comben, for Coffield, Reid (will be back in a couple of weeks, but may have a stint in the reserves) and Gallagher (reached his BE level unless he starts scoring higher). So that I do not miss out on potential solid cash cows. But it will leave me with 32 trades to upgrade, which is still good when every bench position is making cash. Did 3 correction trades, then two forced injury trades early on. So have burnt a couple of more trades than I would have ideally liked to.

32 after those 3 trades is PLENTY!

Maybe a hot take, but I reckon Meek could potentially be a keeper/a luxury upgrade later in the season. Obviously not 100%, but there seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty in the rucks this year, unlike most years.

Gawn will obviously be an amazing player, a locked in R1/top 10 scorer unless he gets injured. But picking the second beat ruck is real tough.

Marshall seems the leading candidate so far, but he's prone to a stinker or two and if Ross isnt just messing with people, could be rested every now and then.

English, who knows. He's still my pick for R2 at the end of the year, but there's something weird going on at the dogs. That weirdness might effect his scores, or it might just be enough to make it hard to justify bringing him in to your team at a premium.

And Grundy, well, who knows? Great first round but pretty uninspiring after that. If he hadn't been such a supercoach stallion in the past, I think many more would have jumped off by now.

That brings us to Meek. He's not amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but he might just plug out an acceptable 95ish average and just kinda be a fine option, one that you always consider upgrading, but never really get around to
Hope you are right mate. Sticking fat with Briggs all the way to the end of last season is what propelled me up the leaderboard. It would be amazing if Meek could be a keeper. Its not impossible.

First week this year that I have no idea what trades to make, so would love some help.

I’m currently ranked 294th overall.
31 trades and 3 boosts left. 85k in the bank.

Mckercher to Graham is all but locked in, but what else do you see here?
View attachment 1962496
Dempsey to Jezza as your 2nd trade

Nice ranking 👍

Fringe mid options for the bargain hunters.
Gooey....$432K, BE 53, 2% owned. Normally an 85 avg fwd or dpp, but 97 avg last season. 138 last week.
Adams....$437K, BE 73, 1% owned. Normally a 95-108 avge, but a bit of an injury risk. 97 1st game back.
The DeGooey option seems to come up around this time every year, never seems to work.

I do like the Adams call though, will be watching him close this week. Might be a bargain F6 if everything goes right.

I don't particularly want to trade sanders and Dempsey but I need to trade those two to get Heeney. I could get away with trading only one of them and instead trading Cadman but that means trading D'Ambrosio which I don't think is wise. I guess it's a good problem to have, no dead rookies so I need to trade players that will likely beat their BE. I would wait a week if it was practical but Heeney will rise as much as my rookies so that won't work.

So I guess I'm committed to sanders, Mckercher and Dempsey to Heeney, Graham and Garcia

Initial trade thoughts although Carroll to Comben feels very much sideways. I could fix up a dead rookie in Coffield down back and trade Carroll to Garcia/Biggie, but I’d be going early and miss out on a potential cash cow in Comben. Thoughts?

View attachment 1962490

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd do those two trades and assess Garcia/Hyuon/Drury next week when they are on the bubble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't particularly want to trade sanders and Dempsey but I need to trade those two to get Heeney. I could get away with trading only one of them and instead trading Cadman but that means trading D'Ambrosio which I don't think is wise. I guess it's a good problem to have, no dead rookies so I need to trade players that will likely beat their BE. I would wait a week if it was practical but Heeney will rise as much as my rookies so that won't work.

So I guess I'm committed to sanders, Mckercher and Dempsey to Heeney, Graham and Garcia
Feel like posting your side pre-trades..

View attachment 1962724
It seems like every popular trade in target has the round 14 bye

• Walsh
  • Merrett
  • Petracca
  • Stewart
  • Yeo
  • Anderson/Rowell
Yeo?

No Way Wow GIF

Assuming Sanders isn't the sub.

McKercher/Carroll to Rankine/Graham

If he is the sub there will be a last minute panic trade involving Sanders.
Get your dirty little hands off my Isaac kent.

I have showed faith from round one. Not going to have all you kents driving the bus now.

Driving Episode 4 GIF by The Office

Was going to have a crack at getting in a popular GC forward but I'm miles behind and I need a POD to be able to make up ground. Might have a crack at Jeremy Cameron. When he hits form he puts out good numbers
I'll let you know how it turns out
This feels like a pod for the sake of it.

I'm not sure many are thinking about the byes but.
I know I am, got 6 'premos' missing in round 12. Grundy is one of those and will be upgraded to Marshall.

I'll sell Heeney who should get close to $700k, possibly to Oliver who should be over his hand issue soon and back to full match fitness.

Much more comfortable with 4 missing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back