Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

One-legged Steele has to stay. Solid run of fixtures coming up pre-bye. Potential bye-flip if he's still shitting the bed. At least his shoulders are good and he can tackle.

Rozee might be flipped.

Did Sweet actually play well, or was his score and performance inflated by the fact that Marshall was playing one leg? Either way he's coming in, lol... (yes I know, I was wrong)

Lots of options this week, gonna do my head in...
Standing by for 85 trade scenario posts 😜

Awkward Red-Faced GIF by moodman

The underrated appeal of Sweet as R2 is if you have Jackson, you can loop him Round 8 and 9. He has weirdly vindicated the Meek at R2 peeps because if you had an actual premo at R2, it would be hard to justify trading out

Edit: Oh wait no, Freo also play Rd 9 on Friday, it's just a bit later
It feels like a no brainer for Marshall owners to jump ship and let the cash movement do it's thing. Grundy owners is a bit more fringe with the 158 washing through

Unless sweet goes sub 60 you probably won’t loop him though. At the end of the day moving Jackson to the rucks just exposes another fwd rookie onto the ground.
I mean, obviously. He's a 150k rookie not a set and forget ruck. There are many risks with playing him at R2. But being able to loop him out of he does drop a sub 60 score mitigates one of those risks early on

You trade Sweet out.

Hopefully he gets to 300k before Soldo returns.

Maybe he doesnt suit my structure because i have naismith at r3 (i can see why some ppl with a loop at r3 would do it) but you better be prepared to trade him out in 4 or 5 weeks as he isnt lasting past that.

I mean, obviously. He's a 150k rookie not a set and forget ruck. There are many risks with playing him at R2. But being able to loop him out of he does drop a sub 60 score mitigates one of those risks early on
I guess the risk of playing Sweet at R2 is offset by the fact that ruck scores are inflated.

I still remember round zero this year where Naismith got destroyed by Witts yet still walked away with a score of 93.

Even on a bad day ruckman are going to score 80 pts if they play a full game.

Maybe he doesnt suit my structure because i have naismith at r3 (i can see why some ppl with a loop at r3 would do it) but you better be prepared to trade him out in 4 or 5 weeks as he isnt lasting past that.
Sweet will be $400k+ at his bye. You simply have to trade him in imo. Even for Naismith. Can't miss that much cash that 50% of the comp will get.

If I was you I would be hitting that Naismith to Sweet trade as fast as I can.

Are you really going to miss out on a cash gen of $200k at least? Naismith is not going to give you that.

Have the club actually said Soldo will be out for 4-5 or is that purely speculation at this point?
I haven't seen anything definitive I think it is based on typical timeframes for that sort of procedure?

Either way I think we've got to ride the wave until it breaks

I guess the risk of playing Sweet at R2 is offset by the fact that ruck scores are inflated.

I still remember round zero this year where Naismith got destroyed by Witts yet still walked away with a score of 93.

Even on a bad day ruckman are going to score 80 pts if they play a full game.
Yep, it's a little silly and to be honest a bit of a problem with the game. And the thing about Sweet is he isn't really a rookie either, just rookie priced. Basically everything that attracted people to Meek is two fold with Sweet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill be doing midfield upgrades to cover rozee being out (if its 3 ill hold longer ill trade him).
Wilsons 88 got him a reprieve he can stay on the bench for a week.

Probably cadman to hardeman/simpson (dont think jones has JS) and zilliams to rowell/serong/zerrett (considering jelly for value but unsure i can go there).
May boost if theres another rookie worth getting but id rather wait til turner is on the bubble.

If I was you I would be hitting that Naismith to Sweet trade as fast as I can.

Are you really going to miss out on a cash gen of $200k at least? Naismith is not going to give you that.

I would have considered it before rozee got injured but im not convinced now on wasting a sideways trade on a r3 i wont be using either way (gawn and grundy is that solid sweet is never getting fielded). Id rather improve my on field.

But it does depend how many dead rookies you have for cash gen..if you have a few of those then i can see the merit in taking sweet to just provide you cash gen.

Sweet will be $400k+ at his bye. You simply have to trade him in imo. Even for Naismith. Can't miss that much cash that 50% of the comp will get.

Sweet will be in the sanfl by round 13 (because soldo will be back). But i take your point he still probably gets to at least 300k in a month.

Sweet will be in the sanfl by round 13 (because soldo will be back). But i take your point he still probably gets to at least 300k in a month.
Sweet's price is already 236k after last night

He is going way past 300k.

Sweet's price is already 236k after last night

He is going way past 300k.

I assume you mean on current average..because he doesnt have a price rise until after next week.

I will be flicking Rozee, it’s the first time I’ve had him in sc and watched him closely - whilst the Kent can kick a goal he is a bit soft around the contest so his injury just makes it an easy decision.

Choice of Serong, Butters, Merrett or Petracca leaning towards Merrett at this stage as he is so consistent

Anyone got the balls to go Marshall or English to Sweet?
I've got Gawn, Marshall and Sweet already. There is a temptation to cash out on Marshall and strengthen another line (via swinging Livingstone into the rucks). Have Jackson at F3 as a backup option if it all goes to s**t, too.

Problem is, I already have Rozee and a potentially broken Steele to deal with. The latter is likely a hold, but not keeping an underwhelming Rozee through a hamstring injury.

All plans for next week have been skittled already lol

I've got Gawn, Marshall and Sweet already. There is a temptation to cash out on Marshall and strengthen another line (via swinging Livingstone into the rucks). Have Jackson at F3 as a backup option if it all goes to s**t, too.

Problem is, I already have Rozee and a potentially broken Steele to deal with. The latter is likely a hold, but not keeping an underwhelming Rozee through a hamstring injury.

All plans for next week have been skittled already lol
I would be prioritising Marshall out next week, he's going to drop to 480K and Sweet should hit 400K. Easy trade back in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back