Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Hold. He's not causing major problems.
Englis Bild as h and Marshall recently pumped out 50's...i dont see an 83 by Grundy as a major problem.
108 avge and playing back at SCG this week with a BE of only 76.

Grundy at SCG this year
139, 99, 158

Its only whether i might buy English for only 38K extra...but that can easy wait for another week.
You were once a man of integrity, a man you could point to and say, 'See that bloke over there, little Timmy? That's Bollox, he calls a spade a spade and would never sell out to 'Big Grundy'. Top Aussie, that Bollox. If you grow up to be half as good a bloke as Bollox, I'll have done my job.'
And now look at you, picking up your brown paper bag stuffed with fifties for leading the community astray and trying to get us to stick fat with a bloke who made Lloyd ******* Meek look like Gary Dempsey and Peter Moore combined.
Prick gave away frees, gifted 50's, helped Lloyd to charity goals, manicured his nails and had a kale sandwich on the bench for 40% of the game while us poor bastards who depended on him lost close matchup upon close matchup thanks to his utter shitness. Sheep stations were lost, we will never get them back
Am going to write Cherftain a strongly worded complaint about your negative influence on the impressionable youth of this forum*. You just look out, pal.

(* despite an average age of 63.4 yrs)

How could you? How do you sleep at night? What am I supposed to tell Timmy?
season 8 cbc GIF

Last edited:
To get Dawson, all my trades need to be done by Thursday night prior to all teams being named.

This bit me in the backside last weekend getting Zorko. 🤔

Jy Simpkin listed as test, Powell back in the middle?

I think I'm just gonna hold Rozee and Powell. Worst case Rozee misses 1 week, so that's fine (covered by Clohesy). Powell will be moved back into the middle at some stage, hopefully it's this weekend lol.

-Comben to Sweet
-Massimo to TGreen

Trac and Stewart come in over the next couple of weeks.

I think I'm just gonna hold Rozee and Powell. Worst case Rozee misses 1 week, so that's fine (covered by Clohesy). Powell will be moved back into the middle at some stage, hopefully it's this weekend lol.

-Comben to Sweet
-Massimo to TGreen

Trac and Stewart come in over the next couple of weeks.
Assume you are across, but J Simpkin sore quad cloud, Phillips didn't fire a shot
Wouldn't be in a huge hurry to piss Powell off if I owned him, can only help his cause.

I’m holding Rozee for a week but there’s no way he has done a string and playing this week, so I’m assuming if he plays he’s right and watch him breakdown within 5 minutes.

You were once a man of integrity, a man you could point to and say, 'See that bloke over there, little Timmy? That's Bollox, he calls a spade a spade and would never sell out to 'Big Grundy'. Top Aussie, that Bollox. If you grow up to be half as good a bloke as Bollox, I'll have done my job.'
And now look at you, picking up your brown paper bag stuffed with fifties for leading the community astray and trying to get us to stick fat with a bloke who made Lloyd ******* Meek look like Gary Dempsey and Peter Moore combined.
Prick gave away frees, gifted 50's, helped Lloyd to charity goals, manicured his nails and had a kale sandwich on the bench for 40% of the game while us poor bastards who depended on him lost close matchup upon close matchup thanks to his utter shitness. Sheep stations were lost, we will never get them back
Am going to write Cherftain a strongly worded complaint about your negative influence on the impressionable youth of this forum*. You just look out, pal.

(* despite an average age of 63.4 yrs)

How could you? How do you sleep at night? What am I supposed to tell Timmy?
season 8 cbc GIF
Ya got me. They kicked a brown paper bag over the coffee table at me, and now i'm spruiking dodgy ruckmen.
Grundy was truly shithouse. I admit it. I was literally throwing s**t at the tele watching him self destruct in the worst quarter i've seen from a ruckman since Paul "Torture" Chambers. He was phukking woeful.
I'll do and say anything for a few quid though.
I'm not proud of it, but i'll happily throw the flower of youth in this forum straight under the bus if it means shoes for the kiddies and a rug for winter.
Grundy was terriific :thumbsu:

I’m holding Rozee for a week but there’s no way he has done a string and playing this week, so I’m assuming if he plays he’s right and watch him breakdown within 5 minutes.
I'm no hammy expert, but like everything, there's levels to it. Wines and JHF missed 1 week with "minor strain" hammies this year and returned with no issues.

1714476740166.png

1714476878440.png

Thoughts on these trades? I'm big on getting English in as I think this is Floor price and wont see any better than this (yes, I probs cut Meek a bit early on cash Gen, but English is only going to go up).

Big on T.Green, think he is easily top M8 this year (again Floor price) and J.Sweet purely for good cash gen (I wanted to get rid of Lazzaro but I wanted Harley in the Fwd line over the Midfield.

No Heeney is hurting, but think I'm gonna wait until after his bye (I want to see if Parker & Sheldrick coming back affects his scoring much), also want to prioritise getting the Bont in next week.

Might be a double downgrade week (which I hate) Keen to get Sweet in....

Open to all suggestions on the below shitshow. 14K in bank, one boost left

1714478510833.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1975620
campbell to sweet via DPP, put the E on sweet and wait and see how he scores on thurs

if youre not getting dawson in you could just sit till fri and then wait to decide on everything else

serong for mass/brown also an option

View attachment 1975620
I'm pretty-well resigned to having to do two downgrades to get enough $$ to do a decent upgrade these days.

So no problem with the double downgrade would you consider using your last boost to do an upgrade to someone like Dawson?

campbell to sweet via DPP, put the E on sweet and wait and see how he scores on thurs

if youre not getting dawson in you could just sit till fri and then wait to decide on everything else

serong for mass/brown also an option

Serong for Mass/Brown ..nowhere near the coin for this sadly ?

I'm pretty-well resigned to having to do two downgrades to get enough $$ to do a decent upgrade these days.

So no problem with the double downgrade would you consider using your last boost to do an upgrade to someone like Dawson?

would be a roughy which I hate doing as I started with Dawson, but also yes (I guess)

Serong for Mass/Brown ..nowhere near the coin for this sadly ?

would be a roughy which I hate doing as I started with Dawson, but also yes (I guess)
well... if sweet does well, you drop grundy which opens up a lot of cash

Those with Meek R2 and Sweet R3, what score do you trade Meek out for?

Meek might have another $50k to make and is scoring well solidly, so it's not ideal.

Yes I know lots went early and did it last week. Good job, but I don't care haha, your time to boast is over.

Those with Meek R2 and Sweet R3, what score do you trade Meek out for?

Meek might have another $50k to make and is scoring well solidly, so it's not ideal.

Yes I know lots went early and did it last week. Good job, but I don't care haha, your time to boast is over.

good question

100+ is an easy trade Meek, 90+ is probably enough

80-90 is the tricky score

under 80 is keep Meek

but for me it also depends on what I decide to do about Powell - is Phillips dropped etc.
this week Meek is almost certain to increase in price and Powell almost certain to drop - so it comes down to overall team health/structure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back