VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised Wood and Paton are playing, are they ahead of schedule and a chance for Port Adelaide?

Geez if we have King, Dow, Clark, Howard, Hayes, Wood, Paton all available next week, we could see wholesale changes.

Dow for Jones
Clark for Butler (move Hugo forward)
Howard for Cordy
King for Hammer
Wood/Hayes for Sharman
Paton for Bonner?
Patton is nowhere near best 22 and is a lock down back pocket or poor mans winger. Bonner is a running half back. Assuming we get some cattle back from injury, I can't see Patton getting games (Stocker and Webster ahead of him down back and Wood/Wilson/Byrnes ahead of him on the wing)

Dow, Clark, Webster, Howard, Schoenmaker, McLelland, Collard, Keeler, Hayes, Hastie,Wood, Paton, Hotton,
O’Connell all played a 4x 15 scratch match.

Well that is some good news on our players who have been injured. Very good news.

Plus handy that webstergot some match practice, which he cannot do with sames for Sandy.
Not sure who others were, possibly Sandy players. Exciting to see Dow get the first centre clearance, he certainly knows a thing or two about inside midfield play. Also a well directed kick from Dow to Hayes for a goal, was a sight for sore eyes. Dow appeared to run out the game ok as did Hayes.
Even better.

With King as well we might get at least a few back then this week. Though Webster has 1 more week to go.

King, Wood, Dow, Howard and Hayes would be most welcome. Maybe Clark too.

Out Jones, Sharman, Jones, Cordy and Caminiti/Pou and Butler who was Sub.

I'm surprised Wood and Paton are playing, are they ahead of schedule and a chance for Port Adelaide?

Geez if we have King, Dow, Clark, Howard, Hayes, Wood, Paton all available next week, we could see wholesale changes.

Dow for Jones
Clark for Butler (move Hugo forward)
Howard for Cordy
King for Hammer
Wood/Hayes for Sharman
Paton for Bonner?

Butler was Sub, and Paton is not necessarily better that a player he would force out.

Patton is nowhere near best 22 and is a lock down back pocket or poor mans winger. Bonner is a running half back. Assuming we get some cattle back from injury, I can't see Patton getting games (Stocker and Webster ahead of him down back and Wood/Wilson/Byrnes ahead of him on the wing)
I'm well aware of their roles. Spell his name right. Paton coming back would mean Stocker moves into Bonner's role and isn't relied on to lock down on opponents on his own. Webster and Stocker was such a good combo, so Paton slots straight in for Webster atm

I do agree Paton isn't B22 atm tho and probably will play a couple more 2s games before considered for selection.

I remember the preseason when Roughead broke him, man he was flying! Been a shadow of that player ever since.

Dow clearly above this level and it was good to see both he and Clark dashing out of the centre. Dow also involved in quite a few chains of play. Schoenmaker lining up on Dow for centre ball up’s. O’Connell, the Irishman, has excellent skills and was often directing play, he will be handy as a backup and wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a seniors game this year.
Dashing , you sure about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm well aware of their roles. Spell his name right. Paton coming back would mean Stocker moves into Bonner's role and isn't relied on to lock down on opponents on his own. Webster and Stocker was such a good combo, so Paton slots straight in for Webster atm

I do agree Paton isn't B22 atm tho and probably will play a couple more 2s games before considered for selection.
Paton is a role player and does the back pocket role as good as anyone - due to his injury we don't know if he ever gets back to the form when he held the likes of Papley and Cameron - we will soon find out though - pretty sure he would of done a better job than whoever played on that Dogs small forward.

Bit of a myth. He was OK, but not on a par with some of the recruits we've seen since.

He was probably the most advanced of him, Coff and Clark. He had less ceiling but was a very competent HBF. He was a very neat player and was holding players down as well as anyone in that role. I think there was some stats that said he lost the least on on ones of any of the small defenders in his best year. Might have been 2020.

In Paton and Coffield, I thought we had the best pair of supporting defenders going around.

As the old ABC song went,

"That was then,
..and this is now!"

Well that is some good news on our players who have been injured. Very good news.

Plus handy that webstergot some match practice, which he cannot do with sames for Sandy.

Even better.

With King as well we might get at least a few back then this week. Though Webster has 1 more week to go.

King, Wood, Dow, Howard and Hayes would be most welcome. Maybe Clark too.

Out Jones, Sharman, Jones, Cordy and Caminiti/Pou and Butler who was Sub.
Henry will be back in 2 weeks baring any setback

SANDRINGHAM
B: B. Paton (33), A. Seaton (50), A. McLennan (41)
HB: A. Schoenmaker (27), M. Ryan (74), T. Blamires (53)
C: J. Docking (85), B. Watson (70), V. Zagari (58)
HF: H. Hall Kahan (55), W. Brown (54)*, O. Lowe (59)
F: M. Allison (30), J. Hayes (18), L. Collard (4)
R: T. Campbell (38), P. Dow (15), Z. Jones (3)
INT: I. Keeler (17), D. Hipwell (51), W. Vesely (73), Lo. Young (81), L. O'Connell (45)
EMG: L. Macnab (66), W. Nish (58), Le. Young (64), T. O'Leary (60), S. Latreille (67), L. Ryan (76)
IN: M. Allison, P. Dow, B. Paton, W. Vesely, Lo. Young
OUT: A. Hastie (AFL), D. Howard (AFL), O. Hotton (managed), M. Heath (concussion), T. O'Leary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back