VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a story that features a long past mayor of Hay Shire Max Lugsdin that some may find interesting. Many of his relatives around in my early days. Big family in the district.
Why I asked.

Votes for us
9 PARKER
5 LUGSDEN
3 CAMPBELL
2 WILL EDWARDS
1 SHELDRICK

1. Can you post the full list of votes. Always good to see what the oppo got too, plus that helps to figure out how the votes were allocated.

2. Pretty much lines up with my assessment of who played well. I mentioned exactly those 5 players among the players I thought played best. (My turn to pat myself on the back bedford . I'll try not to make a habit of it - I've been pretty good so far.)

Here are the Round 6 Coaches Votes:

9 Nick Haynes (GWS)
9 Luke Parker (SYD)
5 James Lugsdin (SYD)
Braeden Campbell (SYD)
William Edwards (SYD)
Harry Rowston (GWS)
1 Angus Sheldrick (SYD)

I saw a bit of Buller at Claremont before he was drafted & I have to say, I’ve been slightly disappointed since.

Last week wasn’t great conditions for key forwards (in fact it was terrible). However, once again I observed what appears to be a bit of a temperament issue - the frustration when things don’t go his way seems evident in his body language.

And I’m still not sure we know why he missed games earlier this year?

He is our only real KPF depth at the moment & I hope he has a good run at it for the remainder of the season. I’d just have hoped to see a bit more, particularly in the on-field demeanour side of things.

As an aside, I do disagree with your assertion that he lacks mobility. He’s actually pretty agile for a tall - which was evident in his time in the WAFL.
He’s injured. Pretty simple. Came with a calf issue, now has a back issue.

I wonder if the emergencies in Perth catch the Friday night red eye to Melbourne to play on Saturday. I’m guessing they will be very keen for a game.

Our twos will play Norf with Dyl Stephens and Toby Pink.

I wonder if the emergencies in Perth catch the Friday night red eye to Melbourne to play on Saturday. I’m guessing they will be very keen for a game.

Is Parker going over there,hope not as he needs match practice in the 2,s.Surprised he is not in 1,s though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Parker going over there,hope not as he needs match practice in the 2,s.Surprised he is not in 1,s though.
Parker wasn’t named as an emergency.

All three who were named (Ladhams, Mitchell, Campbell) can be seen in photos and video of the squad in Perth. I imagine they’ll be on the Friday night red-eye to Melbourne if not required in Perth.

At least 2 of the emergencies would stay until the bounce (Ladhams and Campbell/Mitchell), so the only option is flying through the night basically, getting to Melbourne around 5:30AM. Maybe they do, but not ideal prep.

VFL Round 7
North Melbourne v Sydney Swans - Arden Street Oval
12:05pm, Saturday May 11

IN: Kirk, Moi Moi, Laws, Ashley-Cooper, Geddes
OUT: Francis, Mitchell (AFL), Buller, Sheldrick (injured), Kelly, Longmire

Ladhams and Campbell named

BacksWill GreenWill EdwardsJoel Hamling
Half BacksJaiden MagorPatrick SnellCooper Vickery
CentrelineBen EdwardsJordan EndemannMax Geddes
Half ForwardsJacob KonstantyPeter LadhamsIndhi Kirk
ForwardsPhil Moi MoiLuke ParkerJames Lugsdin
FollowersLachlan McAndrewCaiden ClearyBraeden Campbell
InterchangeJake BartholomaeusBen Ashley-CooperNic Shipley
Willem SmitByron Laws
EmergencyHamish MorrisonTye GanderJames Tidemann

Last edited:
So Will Kelly and Tom Longmire are also injured

J. Buller (injured), W. Kelly (ankle), T. Longmire, A. Sheldrick (concussion)

Dylan Stephens playing in the reserves for North?

I'm not sure where to post this...
I have multiple Threads that don't show on my main screen and don't appear with a search

Last week I had to ask where the Reserves Thread was and someone linked it...
For me, it doesn't show on the Swans board
Tom Papley, same situation...I can't find his thread on the board, unless someone links me...

Here is a screenshot of the most recent threads a minute after I posted in the reserves....The reserves thread doesn't show for me at all on the board.

As can be seen, the Thread doesn't show up on my screen and it cannot be searched for. I rely on a link posted by another poster on another thread.

I'm happy to post this in the appropriate place if someone directs me to where that is

Ressies.png

I'm not sure where to post this...
I have multiple Threads that don't show on my main screen and don't appear with a search

Last week I had to ask where the Reserves Thread was and someone linked it...
For me, it doesn't show on the Swans board
Tom Papley, same situation...I can't find his thread on the board, unless someone links me...

Here is a screenshot of the most recent threads a minute after I posted in the reserves....The reserves thread doesn't show for me at all on the board.

As can be seen, the Thread doesn't show up on my screen and it cannot be searched for. I rely on a link posted by another poster on another thread.

I'm happy to post this in the appropriate place if someone directs me to where that is

View attachment 1985659
I believe when you have a poster on ignore if they start a thread you don't see that thread.

The two threads (Papley & reserves) were started by bedford

Link to the Papley thread;

PS Just noticed in your screenshot, that Hairy Biker fellow is a handsome devil.
PPS Just had a look back to posts made from the end of March and the two threads above are the only two current threads I could see started by bedford.
If you logout, you should be able to see all threads if you visit as a guest, in case there are other posters you have on ignore.

Last edited:
I believe when you have a poster on ignore if they start a thread you don't see that thread.

The two threads (Papley & reserves) were started by bedford

Link to the Papley thread;

PS Just noticed in your screenshot, that Hairy Biker fellow is a handsome devil.
PPS Just had a look back to posts made from the end of March and the two threads above are the only two current threads I could see started by bedford.
If you logout, you should be able to see all threads if you visit as a guest, in case there are other posters you have on ignore.

Ahh, okay...makes perfect sense, thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back