List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So I heard that Clarko will be heading up the highway to Tongala on Sunday - local family invited him up for lunch.

Make of that what you will.
Yes and dare Skype will be on from the west asking for a sheezel or Wardlow or Mckercher on the menu with a 1st rounder and what ever we get for Zuhaar for the talented Tongala boy in return.
The last round win from 2023 will haunt us forever .

Its not bait ... he'd established a relationship when it looked like we'd get him last year.

I don't think it is about us JHFing him and getting him next year.

More like when he's ready to come home Judd style.

But I mean still, it'd be nice.
Worth doing

Cos eagles trying to get him to sign an extension now

At least make him defer that decision and keep options open for 2 years time

Worth doing

Cos eagles trying to get him to sign an extension now

At least make him defer that decision and keep options open for 2 years time
Lol,
The back page of a newspaper deliberately left blank, reserved for Harley. He probably doesn't even know how many HJ stores his manager has in his name now.
happy lip sync battle GIF by Paramount Network

I don't mind us looking at a Kpf with 2-3 years left. Doesnt have to be a world beater just a contested mark threat until others improve and replace them.
Larkey needs help and moving comben there is robbing Peter to pay to pay Paul.
There are options around but I won't name them because they are fringe at there clubs.
We need to get players in so we can actually play KPF in KPF posts.

But we actually need those 1-2 KPPs +1 or 2 so that you get overlap of development. Something we haven’t had since 2017.

Zurhaar out: end 1st round if we are lucky

Trade 1 for GC 8, 10 Ballard/Rosas

Draft (with picks 8,10,19,20): Faul, Trainor, Mraz, Kako, Stevens.

2025:

Sheezel ?????? Duursma
Faul Larkey Curtis

I: Rosas

I’d happily have a few of their Seth players on our list. Gruzuski, Cumming and Fahey would all be in our best 22.
Maybe we should do a similar trade(s) to what SOS did to bring multiple GWS players in as depth to the Blues?

• Tom Bell and pick 41 to Brisbane for picks 21 (on-traded) and 60

• Troy Menzel to Adelaide for Sam Kerridge and pick 28 (on-traded)

• Geelong’s 2016 first-round pick, picks 28, 77 and 95 to GWS for pick 8 (Harry McKay), Lachie Plowman, Andrew Phillips, Jed Lamb and Liam Sumner

• Picks 20 and 21 to the Bulldogs for pick 11 (Charlie Curnow) and a 2016 third round pick (Cam Polson)

• Chris Yarran to Richmond for Pick 19 (David Cunningham)

• Picks 45, 58 and Geelong’s 2017 first round pick to GWS for Caleb Marchbank, Jarrod Pickett and a 2017 second round pick (on-traded)

• Picks 16 and 40 to the Bulldogs for pick 28 (on-traded), pick 30 (Tom de Koning) and a 2018 second round pick (on-traded)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we should do a similar trade(s) to what SOS did to bring multiple GWS players in as depth to the Blues?

• Geelong’s 2016 first-round pick, picks 28, 77 and 95 to GWS for pick 8 (Harry McKay), Lachie Plowman, Andrew Phillips, Jed Lamb and Liam Sumner

• Picks 20 and 21 to the Bulldogs for pick 11 (Charlie Curnow) and a 2016 third round pick (Cam Polson)

• Picks 45, 58 and Geelong’s 2017 first round pick to GWS for Caleb Marchbank, Jarrod Pickett and a 2017 second round pick (on-traded)

• Picks 16 and 40 to the Bulldogs for pick 28 (on-traded), pick 30 (Tom de Koning) and a 2018 second round pick (on-traded)
They did very well there, at a glance.

They did very well there, at a glance.
They did. They had to fix their woeful list profile so decided to get multiple depth players in. Hopefully Brady's good relationship with McCartney can net us something similar.

And of course, BFNAAK.
You know, we overlook modern draftee BFNAAK's experience as a BFNAAKer.

We have this fossilized idea that these kids have some romantic ideas of Archer, Boomer, maybe their folks even showed them vision of Carey.

Reality is any 2022+ BFNAAK draftees highlights of the club would include:

Beating Richmond in 2019 and 2022 in dead coach bounce games.

Beating a WAFL side in 2023.

Losing to a WAFL side in 2023.

The palpable excitement of enjoying the idea of Harley Reid as a North Melbourne player for 6 days.

Curtis Taylor's Instagram.

Jaidyn Stephenson acruing his entire NM career stats in one game in 2021.

Getting violated on Good Fridays.

You can probably excuse them for not feeling the magnetic draw of Arden Street.

You know, we overlook modern draftee BFNAAK's experience as a BFNAAKer.

We have this fossilized idea that these kids have some romantic ideas of Archer, Boomer, maybe their folks even showed them vision of Carey.

Reality is any 2022+ BFNAAK draftees highlights of the club would include:

Beating Richmond in 2019 and 2022 in dead coach bounce games.

Beating a WAFL side in 2023.

Losing to a WAFL side in 2023.

The palpable excitement of enjoying the idea of Harley Reid as a North Melbourne player for 6 days.

Curtis Taylor's Instagram.

Jaidyn Stephenson acruing his entire NM career stats in one game in 2021.

Getting violated on Good Fridays.

You can probably excuse them for not feeling the magnetic draw of Arden Street.

Kanga kanga kanga?

I’d be targeting GWS, GC and Brisbane for a few of these types of trades. We need to do more with what we have.

I know Brady tried to do that with the Stephens/Fisher trades but the future end of first round picks should have never been involved for such flaky/outside types (even if it did result in more top 30 picks). Imo we could’ve leveraged those picks far far better.

I know people love the idea of depth players but lets's have a look at what happened after these trades, which were in 2015.

2016: 14th
2017: 16th (Liam Sumner delisted)
2018: 18th (Jed Lamb delisted)
2019: 16th (Andrew Phillips traded, Jarrod Pickett retires due to injury)
2020: 11th
2021: 13th
2022: 9th
2023: 5th (Lachie Plowman retired)

So it took them another eight seasons to play finals, and in that year (2023), only two of those players they traded in were still on the list: Lachie Plowman, who played one game, and Caleb Marchbank, who has played 54 games in five a bit seasons, and is the only survivor.

And in fact, they only started improving once most of those depth players were gone.

But they smashed it out of the park in the draft that year, with three of the top 12 (Weitering, McKay and Curnow) - I reckon that had much more to do with their improvement than babysitting a few depth players for a few years.

When you look at it like that....SOS really set them up for their current success.....we'd end up with a bunch of Ahern's and Bonar's on good money and long contracts! SOS had the benefit of recently working for GWS.....perhaps the better option than trying to do that in house is bring Jase McArtney home.

I know people love the idea of depth players but lets's have a look at what happened after these trades, which were in 2015.

2016: 14th
2017: 16th (Liam Sumner delisted)
2018: 18th (Jed Lamb delisted)
2019: 16th (Andrew Phillips traded, Jarrod Pickett retires due to injury)
2020: 11th
2021: 13th
2022: 9th
2023: 5th (Lachie Plowman retired)

So it took them another eight seasons to play finals, and in that year (2023), only two of those players they traded in were still on the list: Lachie Plowman, who played one game, and Caleb Marchbank, who has played 54 games in five a bit seasons, and is the only survivor.

And in fact, they only started improving once most of those depth players were gone.

But they smashed it out of the park in the draft that year, with three of the top 12 (Weitering, McKay and Curnow) - I reckon that had much more to do with their improvement than babysitting a few depth players for a few years.
In fairness, that was in the days without a compromised draft when the actual number one player was available to the last placed team. We could’ve had a thilthorpe/JUH/Walter combo runnng around for us. I’m sure I’ve forgotten someone too. That Weitering/McKay/Curnow is insane from one draft though.

When you look at it like that....SOS really set them up for their current success.....we'd end up with a bunch of Ahern's and Bonar's on good money and long contracts! SOS had the benefit of recently working for GWS.....perhaps the better option than trying to do that in house is bring Jase McArtney home.
The dream.

In fairness, that was in the days without a compromised draft when the actual number one player was available to the last placed team. We could’ve had a thilthorpe/JUH/Walter combo runnng around for us. I’m sure I’ve forgotten someone too. That Weitering/McKay/Curnow is insane from one draft though.
Five of the top 16 were academy players that season, including Callum Mills at 3. The following year had four of the top 20 being Academy picks, followed by Brisbane's end of first round PP.

It's been compromised for 30 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back