Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking about kicking skills…I’d love to see Saad lower his eyes more.

Too often he just bangs the ball long down the line.

He’s been talked about by team mates as having one of the best kicks in the team. I think we’d be better off with him focusing on kicking 30-40m to free targets rather than those high 50-60m kick to contests.

He’s been talked about by team mates as having one of the best kicks in the team. I think we’d be better off with him focusing on kicking 30-40m to free targets rather than those high 50-60m kick to contests.
Think about how often the crowd winds up a WOOF (personal opinions on which are besides the point) only for Saady to hit up the short option. He lowers the eyes plenty.

The other thing about Saad is he quite often manages to get the ball in situations where he almost has no right to, so probably has less time to think about the disposal

Was my concern in his first season with us (although a different gameplan) and while he is hitting some shorter/mid range targets, I'd like to see more hitup kicks

Latest 2 passionate blubaggers podcast is still running with the Walsh in a moon boot. I guess we will find out Thursday. If he’s not playing there may be some truth.
Was this the info you posted around a week or two ago? If Walsh was still in a moonboot I think we would've seen/heard something when he went to visit the school a few days ago?

Was this the info you posted around a week or two ago? If Walsh was still in a moonboot I think we would've seen/heard something when he went to visit the school a few days ago?

Wasn't the info 2 weeks ago Walsh had back stress fractures? Has been seen training since. Not sure how a moonboot would help lol.

Also, photographed moonboot free at the community camp last Wednesday. Missed training Friday so if anything happened that's a pretty short window.

Yeah but Blacres doesnt have the best disposal anyway.
I was speculating on the training as a whole as most of the kicks were lobbed.

Pretty sure the only reason we have retained Mirkov is to be able to mark Acres' sky balls... :p

I just watched his 2023 Highlights package on YouTube.

Tells a different story.

He was sat on a lot last year because we didn't have the Williams/Boyd options to take pressure off him.

I think he (and Williams/Boyd/McGov)0 will be doing a lot of important set up work this year.

Not as good as Viney's kick to Weitering.

Just sayin...
people talk about what options he had - maybe he was just gassed and had nothing left?

Yes he kicked the goal, but that kick nearly hit the post from top of the goal square. So wouldn’t submit that as strong evidence.

Having said that….I’m happy enough with his kicking skills.
he'll be enormously relieved to hear it..........

If Walsh is in a moonboot he played pretty well at the intra club on Monday.

He's in the highlights the club posted

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
when I was in primary school and we played footy on the gravel playground - there was this one kid who was so good, we made him kick with his non-preferred foot - possibly something similar going on with walsh having to play in a moon-boot - pretty sure......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the moon aboot Walshy

Cant wait to see Ollie after a preseason...then 2...then 3...legend in the making

there will be so many stories being written in the humility of excellence

Get excited Bluebaggers

Last edited:

VIC Open Training - IKON Park

When: Sunday 3 March 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM (AEDT)

Entry: Entry is via Gate 6 from 9:30 am (AEDT)

Signing Session: There will be a signing session post-training however, please be aware that players have limited
time given their schedules. We ask that members and fans respect each other and players with only one signed item and one picture maximum, per person.

Register your interest here.

QLD Captain's Run - The Gabba

When: Thursday 7 March | 3:00PM - 4:45PM

The Carlton Shop: Pop-up Carlton Shop at Gate 2 from 2:30 PM (AEST)

Getting there: Find out more here.

Register your interest here.

I see where you are coming from (they aren't low drilled bullet passes) but I'm thinking this is a deliberate exercise in lobbing the ball to a teammate whilst under pressure.

eg.

If the OP is close and you dont have time to pick the best option, Lobb/Pass by foot to the nearest teammate, rather then handball. Works for me.

...Or it may just be crap disposal 🤣

Yeah who knows - as we say it's only training so who cares - but that one left plenty of room for improvement.

You would want continuous passages of play from one end to the other without a turnover. There was one (goal to O'Keeefe) in that whole video. Very little flow, players running past for a handball so might have been playing a "game mode". Crap mode evidently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back