2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Werribee team sheet last Saturday at the Whitten Oval. Dogs ran away with the game in last QTR kicking 5.5 to 0.2

Attachments

• IMG20240318200341.jpg
    IMG20240318200341.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 84

Premiership odds from Sportsbet (gamble responsibly)

How do they come up with these odds ? Werribee at $5 and Port Melbourne coming in at 15th position when the club expects a top 4 finish (according to posts in this thread).

How do they come up with these odds ? Werribee at $5 and Port Melbourne coming in at 15th position when the club expects a top 4 finish (according to posts in this thread).
Bookies don't take into account clubs expectations, they couldn't care, they just go by what they anticipate at the time.

VFL State squad of 50 for gather round named. Who do you think should be named?

Even though no competition games have been played yet? 😝

Playing the stand alones with no pokies twice helps
Yeah, probably going to be less of a sneak and more of a hard shove by the piss easy fixture they were given after using bikie money to recruit players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am once again warning Port not to expect free wins from us.
Nick, I think you really need to lower your expectations of Frankston before you get hurt.

Aim for the dirt and maybe you'll accidently hit the target.

It looks like it's heavily based on last season

Nick, I think you really need to lower your expectations of Frankston before you get hurt.

Aim for the dirt and maybe you'll accidently hit the target.
I'm bracing for a tough year but I don't believe we'll be as hopeless as people on here are suggesting. Not going to jump to quick conclusions about our team.

Besides, if they're s**t I can ignore them and make a full-time gig out of hyping up the women's team.

VFL State squad of 50 for gather round named. Who do you think should be named?

Even though no competition games have been played yet? 😝
It's actually hard to pick a team after a big AFL recruiting spree out of the VFL and a bunch more departing. Off the top of my head, some of the names I would assume would be in the initial possibly final squads (depending positional needs) are Woodcock, Dawson, Hooper, Callum Brown, Watkins, JL Velissaris, El Nour, Garner, Hicks, Brew

I would assume some of the just delisted AFL players get picked in the 50 as well, e.g Hately, McComb

anyways, all to be known tomorrow morning.

I'm bracing for a tough year but I don't believe we'll be as hopeless as people on here are suggesting. Not going to jump to quick conclusions about our team.

Besides, if they're s**t I can ignore them and make a full-time gig out of hyping up the women's team.
I wish I had this much trust in teams I support these days lol. I'm too grumpy for my own good most of the time.

I wish I had this much trust in teams I support these days lol. I'm too grumpy for my own good most of the time.
I'm fully aware of my descent into nuffy supporter territory. Personally I'm just trying not to take it for granted that I even have a club to support. I wasn't an active member when the club got booted in 2017 and I'm very conscious of how close we came to folding for good. The great memories I have of this since getting into football as an adult - our 48 point comeback against Carlton, the incredible finals run our women's team had last year - could have very easily never happened.

If we ever end up in another nightmare scenario where we could lose the club for good, I don't want to look back on my time and realise I spent it being cynical and miserable. I spent too much of last year sulking about results when footy is meant to be entertainment.

It's actually hard to pick a team after a big AFL recruiting spree out of the VFL and a bunch more departing. Off the top of my head, some of the names I would assume would be in the initial possibly final squads (depending positional needs) are Woodcock, Dawson, Hooper, Callum Brown, Watkins, JL Velissaris, El Nour, Garner, Hicks, Brew

I would assume some of the just delisted AFL players get picked in the 50 as well, e.g Hately, McComb

anyways, all to be known tomorrow morning.
Ben Jepson surely gets a look in too. As does Tom Downie and Nick Coughlan.

What do we think?

"Players from outside the squad of 50 will still be eligible for selection in the final squad, with form across the opening two rounds of the 2024 Smithy’s VFL season to be taken into consideration." 😂

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1710889692801.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710889692801.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 28
What do we think?

"Players from outside the squad of 50 will still be eligible for selection in the final squad, with form across the opening two rounds of the 2024 Smithy’s VFL season to be taken into consideration." 😂
If you've been on an AFL list you're an auto selection it looks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back