2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard we'd only be getting two players in the VFL team at the absolute most, so happy to see Grey and Mynott in there.

Heard we'd only be getting two players in the VFL team at the absolute most, so happy to see Grey and Mynott in there.
Both worthy selections. Mynott has been great since joining Frankston in 2022 and George Grey offers a lot to Frankston after producing some excellent football from limited chances with Casey.

Both worthy selections. Mynott has been great since joining Frankston in 2022 and George Grey offers a lot to Frankston after producing some excellent football from limited chances with Casey.
Grey was a standout in our practice matches and will no doubt be among our best players this year. No surprise he was selected.

"Players from outside the squad of 50 will still be eligible for selection in the final squad, with form across the opening two rounds of the 2024 Smithy’s VFL season to be taken into consideration."
Then what's the point of this 50 man squad 😂

What a rotten post! So much hard work by a group of people wanting the club to rebound and they will!
last part was a troll. got less bites than I thought. My apologies but definitely a piss easy fixture.

Frankston held its VFL season launch last night. A seperate launch event for the women's team was set to be held on Saturday but has been postoned due to limited uptake so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankston held its VFL season launch last night. A seperate launch event for the women's team was set to be held on Saturday but has been postoned due to limited uptake so far.
I find it silly that it would be a separate launch. Would there be any issues if they had them together? Not much of a one club mentality.

I find it silly that it would be a separate launch. Would there be any issues if they had them together? Not much of a one club mentality.
I'd much prefer a single event. Given how frequently our girls play in front of an empty ground, I'd have liked to see them included just to remind some of our fans that we do have a women's team. It wasn't fun being at double-headers last year and watching the place clear out while the girls were doing their warm-ups on the ground. Can't imagine it felt great for them either.

Premiership odds from Sportsbet (gamble responsibly)
Werribee as equal favourite just tells me this is way too heavily based on last year's results, no way this year stacks up to last. Encouraging to see Coburg off the bottom though, felt a bit unlucky to finish winless and more specifically lower than Preston. Hoping to see a rise this year.

Not long to wait now.

Can't say I have much hope of a win tonight. Williamstown will be up there with some of the best teams in the league I think, Frankston meanwhile have a long way to go. I just hope we're competitive and at least make Williamstown fight for a victory tonight. From what I've heard, our guys are very fired up for this game so hopefully we can make a good contest of it in front of our home fans.

All streamed via the AFL app. Or website. Been the case since the 2022 season
Love the initiative of having all games streamed but it’s a bit of a shame they don’t have any games on Kayo anymore. The AFL website isn’t the best when it comes to casting to a TV which is where I think footy looks best as opposed to a phone or laptop. Haven’t gotten to watch as many games as I’d like to have as a result.

Love the initiative of having all games streamed but it’s a bit of a shame they don’t have any games on Kayo anymore. The AFL website isn’t the best when it comes to casting to a TV which is where I think footy looks best as opposed to a phone or laptop. Haven’t gotten to watch as many games as I’d like to have as a result.
When it was on kayo in 2021 it was okay but very inconsistent too. The live stream for all games hasn't been amazing really either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back