VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of players put their hands up today. Lobb, Harmes, Garcia, JOD, Clarke & Freijah all breathing down the neck of the 23.

The last time I could fee so confident about having so much capable depth was 8yrs ago

Yes Buss showed some signs offensively in the second half, but he should have had 6 kicked on him at half time.

We need key defenders that can defend first.

Jones will leave a huge hole in a year or two.

Garcia showed again today that he is really knocking on the door of promotion. After a bit of a niggle in the pre-season he is now very fit and gets to so many contests that he has enormous impact on the team's running game. Not sure how we squeeze him into the 1sts but he deserves an opportunity asap.

I saw Croft on the stats sheet but didn't see him on the field. Did he go off injured?

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I suspect that he was on more managed minutes but he played the entire game out without injury. Showed some great attack on the ball in the air and certainly didn't look limited stamina wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casey are a well-run VFL team. Seems like a good win.

Players like Clarke and Freijah are exaclty the type that we've been missing in over our list basically for the last 6-7 years as we've chosen to draft mature agers and recruit existing players from other clubs. Talented players but having some weaknesses which mean they weren't first round picks, but young enough that consistent VFL game time will seem to get them ready for the AFL at some point in the future. I don't think there's a rush, really, even if they don't play this year, but it looks like we have a couple of good, developing footballers.

Garcia is a dominant midfielder at this level, his movement is elite. I think he’s a real chance of making it at the next level - needs to keep evolving his forward play for the next level though because he’ll need to spend time there.
I’m not sure he’s got the strength or durability to be an AFL mid. I like the way he plays but he can’t seem to get more than a couple games in a row before getting injured. Body just lets hims down. Might need to reinvent as a forward or back pocket or something less taxing.

I hope this is our team vs Geelong

FF:Marra Clarke Naughton
HF:Flea lobb West
C: Williams Sanders baker
R:English Bont Libba
HB red JOD JJ
FB: bramble Jones Dale

Int: Treloar,daniel macrae, darcy

Sub Garcia

Garcia showed again today that he is really knocking on the door of promotion. After a bit of a niggle in the pre-season he is now very fit and gets to so many contests that he has enormous impact on the team's running game. Not sure how we squeeze him into the 1sts but he deserves an opportunity asap.
Poulter, VDM as a start

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Full-Time Ranking Points (pre-review)...
154 - Lobb
132 - Garcia
125 - Harmes
108 - Craig-Peters
104 - Busslinger
95 - Freijah
89 - Clarke
83 - Spicer
83 - Scott
81 - Cleary
77 - Bianco
74 - Hunt
64 - Keath
64 - L. Smith
59 - McNeil
59 - A. Jones
56 - Orgill
55 - O’Donnell
48 - Bedendo
42 - Willoughby
39 - Croft
17 - Chatfield
1 - C. Smith

I’m not sure he’s got the strength or durability to be an AFL mid. I like the way he plays but he can’t seem to get more than a couple games in a row before getting injured. Body just lets hims down. Might need to reinvent as a forward or back pocket or something less taxing.
We have to sell him life after Libba & Treloar and to remain patient.

He seems to have taken a step forward this year and should try and model his game on Prestia as a smaller mid who can win the ball on the inside but spread really strongly from the contest. The major issue will always be the cleanliness with his kicking, especially in space.

Spicer or Bianco more likely to get a list spot mid season? Spicer looks great to me
I think spider has alot more upside. Bianco has had more time to show something and hasn't been able to do anything at AFL level. I think he is an above average VFL player and there is nothing wrong with that.

Easily Spicer and he wouldn’t be far away from an AFL gig if he was on the list in a position of need.

Bianco is solid but just looks like a worse version of Garcia.
Garcia I have always had a soft spot for and I liked what I saw when he and West teamed up on the forward flanks for awhile before Garcia got injured.
I think if it weren't for all those injuries he wouldve progressed alot further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back