VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In a situation where you are 2 or 3 goals up with 2 minutes to go, you just need to keep possession to run down the clock.
What does Gardner do? He turns it over with his usual lack of skill and Richmond then goals.

It’ll be difficult for Sanders & Daniel to crack the best 22 given the roles they need to play at AFL level.

There’s no use bringing them up to sit on the forward flank for 90% of the game. Both obviously too good for this level but guys like Harmes & Macrae are performing well.

It’ll be difficult for Sanders & Daniel to crack the best 22 given the roles they need to play at AFL level.

There’s no use bringing them up to sit on the forward flank for 90% of the game. Both obviously too good for this level but guys like Harmes & Macrae are performing well.
Harmes has shown he can impact off of the wing and should be persisted with there I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harmes has shown he can impact off of the wing and should be persisted with there I think.
Yep. We desperately need someone to make a wing their own and Harmes has been a pleasant surprise there. I imagine Gags will need a spell soon which probably hands Sanders another opportunity.

Really mature interview from Sanders at the end there, he knows it’s not all about disposal count but the defensive running and patterns he has to work on if he’s to break back into the team. Can’t help but be stoked for the future with him.

Really mature interview from Sanders at the end there, he knows it’s not all about disposal count but the defensive running and patterns he has to work on if he’s to break back into the team. Can’t help but be stoked for the future with him.
The defencive aspect of his game was much better this week.

Lobb, Sanders particularly impressive.

Sanders should be playing AFL.

Lobb has no chance to displace darcy or english.

Agreed. But considering he started a little shakily, Lobb finishing with 4.1, 22 touches, 3 tackles, 28 hit outs and 5 clearances is an absolute stat sheet stuffing.

JUH should be given a couple more weeks to get back to form, but if he’s not great it might be worth looking at Lobb. Jamarra is obviously the future, but I’d be interested to see a Naughton/Lobb/Darcy forward line against a tall defense - at least on current form.

I don’t think it’ll happen, and that probably makes sense structurally, but Lobb is doing all he can to press his claim at least.

Another great fighting win by the team. They have a tremendous team spirit and work rate. Sanders proved what a talent he is and can't knock on the door any louder than that. Daniel was a little terrier around the pack and cleaned up so many loose balls as the Caleb of old.
Lobb was very influential in the ruck and up forward. Buku was a focal point forward all day. Baker linked many chains along the wing. Clarke created a few smart goals with elusive play.
Most of the other listed players played their roles in cameos. Big shout out to Lachie Smith who each week comes up against taller opponents but competes hard throughout and contributes to our wins.
We are still on top of the ladder and the team is great to watch. Very good viewing on a wonderful day at Punt Rd.

Factoring in the weak opposition is was a very underwhelming performance. Smith and Croft showed glimpses for the future. Sanders was the only to really put their hand up for next week, I would much rather him playing on a flank than Vandermeer. Daniel looks like his confidence has been obliterated over the pre season, if you keep telling someone they’re not good enough eventually they’ll believe it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back