VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Davidson from the Tigers showed a bit of dash and skill
Noticed him in the second quarter. 25 and ex-Suns academy according to Dr Google

Croft will be Darcy Mark 2. A little rawer but loves the contest, leaps high and is very mobile for his size. 2 years from now we will be flush with elite talls.
Spicer, nope, Buss developing nicely and Khamis is worth persevering with - very good depth either side of the field if we get injuries and you need that to build a premiership team. Have to feel for Lobb. Too good for VFL but is that scenario that if he doesn’t perform at AFL level he’s straight out - for some players that can provide the right incentive to perform but for others it can impact their confidence and performance as you know you don’t really have the trust of the coach.

Factoring in the weak opposition is was a very underwhelming performance. Smith and Croft showed glimpses for the future. Sanders was the only to really put their hand up for next week, I would much rather him playing on a flank than Vandermeer. Daniel looks like his confidence has been obliterated over the pre season, if you keep telling someone they’re not good enough eventually they’ll believe it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Smith is only 18! Thought he was older

Croft flew at everything like an absolute maniac especially in the last. Will come down with more marks once he gets stronger. Elite athleticism though. Exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Got some campaigner about him too gave it to the Richmond bloke after the marking contest
Not a great look with the guy on the ground at the time but was definitely showing his displeasure at something

Smith is only 18! Thought he was older

Kieren Collins walked so Lachie Smith could run

Would’ve worked better the other way. Collins genuinely looked 30 when he was drafted but Smith ain’t your average 18yo

Sanders looked great.

Smith and Clarke had quite a few impressive moments.

Glad they tried Bedendo down back for a bit even though he wasn't great. At least they are trying him in different positions.

Not sure I really understand why they are playing Croft up forward for a full game. I think it's imperative we develop him down back and has looked pretty decent the times I've seen him play there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got some campaigner about him too gave it to the Richmond bloke after the marking contest
Not a great look with the guy on the ground at the time but was definitely showing his displeasure at something
I think someone knocked Caleb Daniel over and Croft was one of the first in to fly the flag.

I didn't see all that much that impressed me about Croft today. Not saying he won't be good, just that it was one of those "nearly" days where most things he tried didn't quite come off. I'm not worried. I think he'll be a player but probably won't debut this year. Just needs another year of growth, pre-season and experience against grown men. He'll get that with another season of VFL under his belt.

Maybe, It would be a brave MC to do that as external would pile on.
I can't believe the idea that we should drop Jamarra Ugle-Hagan for Buku Khamis to playg Buku Khamis as a key forward as even being considered, or the reason why that it would not happen is just external pressure. Honestly.

I can't believe the idea that we should drop Jamarra Ugle-Hagan for Buku Khamis to playg Buku Khamis as a key forward as even being considered, or the reason why that it would not happen is just external pressure. Honestly.
Buku would be better than marra atm as a forward. Marra has been extremely poor the last 2 weeks. Obviously he's the better talent but he's really out of form

Buku would be better than marra atm as a forward. Marra has been extremely poor the last 2 weeks. Obviously he's the better talent but he's really out of form
Not at AFL level, not even close.

JUH has already shown in individual games he could be certainly a B grader if not an A Grader as long as he works on himself to continually improve. His main issue at the moment is consistency and bridging the gap between his best and his worst. Still a year or two off getting near his peak but likely to get there.

Buku is a good to very good VFL player. Has been shown to be an average at best AFL player that could become a half decent role player if he continues his improvement and though I have strong doubts on him making it, he is definitely worth a spot on the list at the moment.

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not at AFL level, not even close.

JUH has already shown in individual games he could be certainly a B grader if not an A Grader as long as he works on himself to continually improve. His main issue at the moment is consistency and bridging the gap between his best and his worst. Still a year or two off getting near his peak but likely to get there.

Buku is a good to very good VFL player. Has been shown to be an average at best AFL player that could become a half decent role player if he continues his improvement and though I have strong doubts on him making it, he is definitely worth a spot on the list at the moment.

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's no debate on potential or who's better long term or short to medium term. Also marra has showed way more as a forward but atm he is giving f all effort, can't kick (yips) and his defensive pressure is null. He's just out of form and it's fine he's a kid and he will work through it. My point was around that buku would have played better given marra is currently out of form. I'm not advocating to drop JUH as that would be silly

I think someone knocked Caleb Daniel over and Croft was one of the first in to fly the flag.

I didn't see all that much that impressed me about Croft today. Not saying he won't be good, just that it was one of those "nearly" days where most things he tried didn't quite come off. I'm not worried. I think he'll be a player but probably won't debut this year. Just needs another year of growth, pre-season and experience against grown men. He'll get that with another season of VFL under his belt.
He's 18-19 and he got to a lot of contests.
Winning those contests comes with age, experience, & work in the gym.
He's got a great upside.

I thought his hardness at the contest & aggro had Cordy-like attributes, with the upside that he’s going to be taller and heavier. A 205cm hard nut sounds ok to me .

Confirmed 205cm now? Listed at 201.
But regardless, having those attributes as a tall who is also super quick and agile is dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back