Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing, we've won around 9 of our last 80, we keep losing.

We are losing because we've been having very bad systems in player development, injury department and recruiting.

So at least with recruiting, from 2020, we've gotten some good players, now we just need to develop them and that's where the barlow types comes in with most modern understanding. Injury preventation is another department we need to fork out money to improve.

We are losing because we've been having very bad systems in player development, injury department and recruiting.

So at least with recruiting, from 2020, we've gotten some good players, now we just need to develop them and that's where the barlow types comes in with most modern understanding. Injury preventation is another department we need to fork out money to improve.
In the draft yes. Trading not so much.

Achilles are pretty rare injuries and for us to have have 3 in 4 years or 2 in 3 weeks definitely places us in outlier territory.

The rareless and almost randomness of said injuries is hard to make comparisons with strength department performance.

We are losing because we are recovering from an extremely poor list management period.

Anyone happy with a guy getting injured, especially for a season ending injury should all feel ashamed of themselves. I would honestly question your support for us.

He may not be the greatest player on the team but he still represents us.

It doesn't matter we are better of with CCJ injured, that is a cold gawd awful fact. Not proud to say it but it is the truth.

Play Greenhead.

100% except we need a second key forward.

Sellers, comben, Finnbar.

Whoever, they couldn’t do worse than CCJ, and are likely to do more.

Efficiency inside 50 below 40% says it all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Achilles are pretty rare injuries and for us to have have 3 in 4 years or 2 in 3 weeks definitely places us in outlier territory.

The rareless and almost randomness of said injuries is hard to make comparisons with strength department performance.

We are losing because we are recovering from an extremely poor list management period.

The poor list management was from 2010 to 2020, from 20 onwards, we've been doing pretty good, certain on par.

I have some trepidation that they’re linked to the new Arden St Surface.

So you recon we can churn out 30 odd journeymen in 4 years? We recently were still recruiting mahonies and ccjs with 2nd rounders and taking spicer over mcreery.

That was still significantly better than the recruitment between 2010 and 2020.

100% except we need a second key forward.

Sellers, comben, Finnbar.

Whoever, they couldn’t do worse than CCJ, and are likely to do more.

Efficiency inside 50 below 40% says it all

With the latest news, comben injured again with shoulders? Seller is very good, needs more fitness. Finnbar looks a good 2nd ruck.

Anyone happy with a guy getting injured, especially for a season ending injury should all feel ashamed of themselves. I would honestly question your support for us.

My initial thought was maybe a calf or something less severe but nonetheless, I'm ashamed to say my very first thought was relief... this will force a change.

Devastated for him and hope he recovers well, wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

My initial thought was maybe a calf or something less severe but nonetheless, I'm ashamed to say my very first thought was relief... this will force a change.

Devastated for him and hope he recovers well, wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
Same, thought he had badly twisted his ankle or something and told myself that at least now Clarko will be forced to make a call and hopefully his replacement makes the spot theirs. Honestly was halfway through writing a sarcastic post saying he was faking it out of embarrassment but then they were showing the replay and it looked like an achilles, and I felt like a proper goose.

He'll has some company in rehab at least, not that it's any consolation. Shitful injury.

Its a s**t situation all round.
He misses the rest of 2024.
His form in the preseason and first 3 rounds was not good enough.
He has a year to go on his deal.
This trade will go down as one of our worsts. Just f***

Short of scans yes.
Don't need scans just looking at it will be enough, foot would dangling and flopping about
Its a s**t situation all round.
He misses the rest of 2024.
His form in the preseason and first 3 rounds was not good enough.
He has a year to go on his deal.
This trade will go down as one of our worsts. Just f***
I do like to look at it as we got Curtis and Bergmann for pick 19. Not the worst outcome imo.

Amd for the masses no one is celebrating his injury. But the majority also realise from a footy pov it doesn't impact our performance or lack there of

I was coming here to say this. Theres been some poor taste comments on other social media platforms and that makes me feel we are turning into those nasty blews and tin rattling save our skins supporters from a decade plus ago.

It has been a tough few years, no doubt. But we shouldn’t be wishing ill upon our playing group, we are better than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back