Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been a bit too fumbly, but today, like last week I actually thought he was decent. The only disappointment with him so far is that it's probably him keeping Ahern out of the team and keeping LDU from seeing more midfield time. But in isolation, he's been decent.

He's been a bit too fumbly, but today, like last week I actually thought he was decent. The only disappointment with him so far is that it's probably him keeping Ahern out of the team and keeping LDU from seeing more midfield time. But in isolation, he's been decent.

I think decent is a good word to describe him. He’s put up basically identical numbers each week. I don’t mind him as a back up or depth player but decent or handy shouldn’t be taking midfield minutes away from Ahern or LDU how have match defining potential.

He does zero damage with his disposals, can anyone remember any memorable passages of play from the first three weeks?

The mis-kicked goal after sharp hands from LDU in the 1st qtr against Brisbane. Memorable for being a good result from poor execution.

In a passage of play near the centre early in the last quarter today, he missed a target with a handball, scrambled to win the contested ball from the resulting spill, missed a second handball target, won it again and missed the third handball. All in about 15 seconds. Sums him up - goes super hard at the contest and wins more than his fair share, then undoes it all with poor execution.

BT called Dom a beautiful kick not 2 minutes after that shank.

He loves taking the piss out of us the campaigner.

But yeah, anyway, he's handy depth and not responsible for Pauly scratching his head on the sidelines.

That's totally on the coach, (who's probably mates with BT).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is what is keeping LDU out of greater midfield time... He should reacquaint himself with suburban footy
FWIW, both times I've been to training in the past month, LDU has been working mainly away from the main group and only limited amounts of match sim and full field drills. I wouldn't be surprised if he's managing something and that, rather than Tyson, is what's keeping him out of greater midfield time.

Dom would be high on my list of players to make way for Jed or Ahern though.

Still scratching my head as to why we brought Tyson across. We have a plethora of his his type. Bizarre trade.

We no likey Preuss, we were going to pay him out, some s**t I'd suggest had gone down. Dees offered a bloke and we accepted it. Got something for nothing. A bit like a Bangkok brothel I'd suggest!

BT called Dom a beautiful kick not 2 minutes after that shank.

He loves taking the piss out of us the campaigner.

But yeah, anyway, he's handy depth and not responsible for Pauly scratching his head on the sidelines.

That's totally on the coach, (who's probably mates with BT).
He is actually a beautiful looking kick. Got that sweet looking left foot vibe.....but faaaaaaaark me the ball goes sideways. Weird.

Disposal is average.
Speed is average.
Toughness above average.
Decision making below average.

This guy at best is a back up and should not be playing ahead Jed or Ahern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is vanilla as ****.

Adds nothing to the side. In there to win ball and play it safe, but he is even below average at that.

I reckon he offers more than we've seen so far. I wouldn't complain if he was sent to the vfl for a while, but I think he could rightly feel stiff if that happened to him before a few others.

Underrated going by some comments

The bloke wins the hard ball, tackles well, links up well and plays only 70% game time

Foot skills underrated also, hits the leading forward lace out much better than a lot of others in our team

I’d point my finger at another half dozen or so before I get to this bloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back