Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not the reason we lost. Not even close.

Agree. Not the reason we won either though. I don't have an issue with him in the team but serious look needs to be taken at balance once we have Jed and hopefully Jacobs available. It might not be Tyson that makes way but there simply have to be a couple and it sure as sh*t ain't looking like it's gonna be Hall, Polec, LDU, Higgins etc. Times ticking, if a classy user gets pushed to half back a couple of average defenders with average disposal might be in dire straights.

Agree. Not the reason we won either though. I don't have an issue with him in the team but serious look needs to be taken at balance once we have Jed and hopefully Jacobs available. It might not be Tyson that makes way but there simply have to be a couple and it sure as sh*t ain't looking like it's gonna be Hall, Polec, LDU, Higgins etc. Times ticking, if a classy user gets pushed to half back a couple of average defenders with average disposal might be in dire straights.

You have problems with 21 (5 clearances), 5 marks, 4 tackles, 32 pressure acts and a goal in 66% TOG from a midfield rotation player?

He's 25 mate. He hasn't even hit his peak as an inside grunt.

You have problems with 21 (5 clearances), 5 marks, 4 tackles, 32 pressure acts and a goal in 66% TOG from a midfield rotation player?

No. I just said I don't have a problem with him in the team. I think he has a valid argument for a place. You just know he'll be one of the ones to make way though when the time comes while we avoid "tough calls" on some players who are simply not doing that well. I would like to see higher TOG though from a 25 year old to make it easier for the younger blokes who have higher skills but less physical ability.

No. I just said I don't have a problem with him in the team. I think he has a valid argument for a place. You just know he'll be one of the ones to make way though when the time comes while we avoid "tough calls" on some players who are simply not doing that well. I would like to see higher TOG thouhg from a 25 year old to make it easier for the younger blokes who have higher skills but less physical ability.

You have to look at the coach about that.

No. I just said I don't have a problem with him in the team. I think he has a valid argument for a place. You just know he'll be one of the ones to make way though when the time comes while we avoid "tough calls" on some players who are simply not doing that well. I would like to see higher TOG though from a 25 year old to make it easier for the younger blokes who have higher skills but less physical ability.
I’m still scratching my head as to why a lot of our mids had such a low TOG.
Are the players not up to it? New fitness guru got it wrong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had won, everyone would be saying what a great role playing mid he is.....

You have to look at the coach about that.

Assume so, unless he doesn't have the capacity.

I’m still scratching my head as to why a lot of our mids had such a low TOG.
Are the players not up to it? New fitness guru got it wrong?

We've always had a few with low TOG but it just seems like now we have a relatively mature core group. I'd much rather carry an extra tall forward and work these guys a bit harder, assuming that having a decent tall straightens us up and in the end actually makes them work less.

Dunno what he offers that LDU doesn't do better

He is an average kick of the footy, a worse handballer, and misses tackles

He makes appalling decisions. I get why we got him, but there's a reason he cost pick 62

He makes appalling decisions. I get why we got him, but there's a reason he cost pick 62

Has to go straight to, and stay, in the VFL and only be used as injury cover.

Sub-standard skills are a killer and his skills are unequivocally sub-standard. Just keeps missing his handball targets.

I'm disappointed, I thought he was better.

Has to go straight to, and stay, in the VFL and only be used as injury cover.

Sub-standard skills are a killer and his skills are unequivocally sub-standard. Just keeps missing his handball targets.

I'm disappointed, I thought he was better.

If he is what is keeping LDU out of greater midfield time... He should reacquaint himself with suburban footy

battler. didnt like the pick up and hes been worse than i thought he was.

im sure he will improve and become a solid foot soldier but jeez.

I've been at a loss as to why we've played him all season in place of Ahern.

Hard to judge without knowing what his role was or being able to watch him closely live at the game.

That shanked kick towards goals was pretty funny, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back