Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been a shadow of his former self in recent weeks, injury or not, and to my eye appears to lack confidence due to lacking his once much vaunted athleticism and endurance.

He's a Toyota Hilux and everyone knows you don't get them serviced or change the oil you drive them until the tyres turn to powder and the horn doesn't work. Then you roll it off a cliff and borrow your Grandma's old Ford Laser until the Toyota washes back onto the beach and it's been turned into a cool Nissan Skyline cos the water was magic like that river in the beer ad.

Last edited:
On Valium.

We've destroyed him, and in doing so, our entire midfield.

Like the line in that classic 80's rap us golden oldies remember, "Express Yourself", "moving like a tortoise, full of rigamortis".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember seeing him after the Carlton game (where he hyper-extended his knee) in Coles and he could barely walk. No crutches but a very heavy limp.

I just put it down to normal post-game soreness but he has barely been able to jump since, even with the benefit of two separate weeks off.

I'd say he probably needs a cleanup surgery on one or both knees but the doctor's advise is probably that it's safe to play through it and surgery can be done post season.

Given how he's going it may be worth doing now. At least he won't miss any of the preseason.

The huge issue here is that all the opposition teams know he's injured now. So they're all up in his face, destroying his confidence game by game.

He got spanked by Trengove all around the ground and now even the media know he's playing injured, so the club can stop lying to the media and their supporters

Put daw/drew in the ruck. At least gives drew a bit of confidence and put goldy into surgery ffs it hurts my eyes seeing how sluggish he is

stopstop-570x291.png

Drew and Maj to ruck.

I heard an observer state yesterday that the best we looked on Saturday was during the third quarter when Dish was sent into the middle, removing him from the forward line and giving us something in the centre bounces. There was something to that point.

Can't help but think playing Goldstein when clearly hampered by injury is a massive lose-lose.

Not only him/us getting beaten anyway, he is not getting healthier and Majak not given further experience.

Surely enough is enough and make a decision one way or another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back