Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks pretty dialled in as a defender to me, and developing nicely too, don't want him moved to forward line in the short term.

Defender's are just better blokes than anyone else.

Team first, no glory.

He's now the type of player you know will always do his job and well.

There's a set standard for him that he always hits and then there's the outrageous confidence that bursts out of nowhere which completely opens the game up.

Basically Tarrant 2.0 but younger and quicker?

We've really got one here and I hope we sign him at the speed of light too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was all about confidence for Ben. He previously used to play reactive football against his opponents. He used to wait for them to make the first move, especially when it came to body work. His confidence has skyrocketed this year and he knows that he belongs. There is no more reactive footy for Ben, its strictly proactive.

When I flew down to watch the round 1 game against Port, and being able to see the whole ground, as apposed to watching on tv, it was so good to see Ben actually instigate the body work on Dixon as the ball was kicked towards them. It was as if he was the forward he beat Dixon hands down. And this has continued all year. If he keeps this form up throughout the year, he should be in the discussion for the AA fullback position. However we all know that because he wears the North colours, he wont even make the squad.

Defender's are just better blokes than anyone else.

Team first, no glory.

Alex+Rance+AFL+Grand+Final+Parade+vvDLA6phhJOx.jpg

He's now the type of player you know will always do his job and well.

There's a set standard for him that he always hits and then there's the outrageous confidence that bursts out of nowhere which completely opens the game up.

Basically Tarrant 2.0 but younger and quicker?

We've really got one here and I hope we sign him at the speed of light too.

not sure why many think he's quicker than taz, he's not.

he's still a great defender and will probably be an even better mark, but he's definitely not quicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back