Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Righto.

You don't reckon Harry had the service of a much better performing midfield?

Yeah that's fair but I thought that he did Ben in a few one on ones a little easy. And I'd rather be a defender than forward in those conditions.

Great one on one win to Ben in the last though which was ultra important.

Yeah that's fair but I thought that he did Ben in a few one on ones a little easy. And I'd rather be a defender than forward in those conditions.

Great one on one win to Ben in the last though which was ultra important.

Both marks and goals were were caused by Ben turning his back on the ball.

The first goal (0:50) he just lost sight of the ball altogether, and the second (3:20) his brother had him done for position.

He'll need to work on that. I reckon they broke pretty even in the contests and Harry definitely had the better service.

Both marks and goals were were caused by Ben turning his back on the ball.

The first goal (0:50) he just lost sight of the ball altogether, and the second (3:20) his brother had him done for position.

He'll need to work on that. I reckon they broke pretty even in the contests and Harry definitely had the better service.

Yeah I've been a bit disappointed in the ball movement from the VFL team. Even in the praccy match wins it didn't seem particularly fluid compared to the opposition.

Yeah I've been a bit disappointed in the ball movement from the VFL team. Even in the praccy match wins it didn't seem particularly fluid compared to the opposition.

They were s**t mate. I honestly believe Carlton were robbed.

Nielsen had a howler and Walker & Murphy would be better served forgetting that match.

They were s**t mate. I honestly believe Carlton were robbed.

Nielsen had a howler and Walker & Murphy would be better served forgetting that match.

I didn’t think Murphy was too bad, he and wright were really the only players looking to take the game on with their foot skills.

Was a good learning experience for Murphy anyway, was often playing a on a really crafty AFL footballer in Josh Hill .

Too many of the midfielders were trying to be too cute with their possession, resulting in turnovers.

Would I be a complete bastard in saying I think we should swing him forward again and see how he goes as a FF while Daw, Thommo and Tarrant are killing it in the firsts? Feel like he should be ready to be the first cab off the rank if Waite goes down or if we need to play Ziebell in the middle while Higgo is injured.

Would I be a complete bastard in saying I think we should swing him forward again and see how he goes as a FF while Daw, Thommo and Tarrant are killing it in the firsts? Feel like he should be ready to be the first cab off the rank if Waite goes down or if we need to play Ziebell in the middle while Higgo is injured.

I see no reason why he and Durdin and Maj could not simply switch at any point. If they are in good form marking wise, that is the most important thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes perfect sense. As great as Larkey is going, McKay's bigger body and ability to swing back have him ahead for me.

Makes perfect sense. As great as Larkey is going, McKay's bigger body and ability to swing back have him ahead for me.
Yep, I just think McKay is physically ready to play games and should be getting a few this year. Continuity at one end is important but AFL experience trumps it IMHO.

They really gotta back him in this year for a spell, you can't let a guy walk when he's doing good work and getting no games.

He's contracted until the end of next year and he gets paid the same no matter where he plays. There's nothing to be concerned about.

Will be good watching if Ben is matching up to play on Harry in the future. Either way they'll be in the same vicinity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back