Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Really coming now, EvW, Crocker, Durdin and McKay is looking like a very nice Defensive mix.

If we can add Ash this year in the Draft, we will be nearly set.

Before you are proven wrong? You are wrong now.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Amazing what happens when you give a guy a solid block of games to build into rather than single games here and there. thought he was very solid against Geelong before his suspension and then since coming back up had been beating his man each week. This week he seemed to have built the confidence to take the game on the way he does at VFL level.
6'6", mobile, good mark, and good disposal. Definitely a keeper. He wanted out last year. Hopefully, more games and a change of coach will convince him to stay.

On a night of massive positives, his was the biggest. Came of age tonight. He believes, and we believe. Was great to see.
And here in lies the issue we have had since the last coach was re-appointed 2 years ago. Blokes like Sam weren't given a go and persisted with. Rhyce believes and that's good enough for me.
Enough with being gifted games you bloody well have to earn em. Earn em they are including Sam who I thought came of age last night. There is no doubt he will get beaten in games but so did Taz when he went down there, but look at him now rarely ever beaten

Yep destroyed Cox, who played a truly embarrassing game. A howler for the ages from the All American spud.
Durdin is going very nicely indeed. If EVW and Maj get back all of a sudden we are spoilt for choice down back.

I’m still confident McKay will come on too. Durdin & McKay will make a decent back tall combo

North Melbourne: Sam Durdin

Playing on Mason Cox for the majority of the match, the North Melbourne defender held his own. Although Cox kicked two goals, Durdin’s defensive work restricted Cox to just two disposals with the Collingwood forward unable to assert himself on the game. Durdin finished the game with 18 disposals and four marks as North Melbourne kept Collingwood to its lowest score in more than 23 years.

Amazing what happens when you give a guy a solid block of games to build into rather than single games here and there. thought he was very solid against Geelong before his suspension and then since coming back up had been beating his man each week. This week he seemed to have built the confidence to take the game on the way he does at VFL level.
6'6", mobile, good mark, and good disposal. Definitely a keeper. He wanted out last year. Hopefully, more games and a change of coach will convince him to stay.
Didn't realise it was him wanting out, rather than us shopping him around. Either way, there were no takers last year, which should ensure if we offer a contract he should be happy to sign it.

Is it time we consider Durdin to take the Astbury role in that he handles the dirty work of playing on opp's key forward where Tarrant peels off and do the rebounding. Thompson will handle the medium sized de goey like forwards, these require a Thomspon 'special'. His value is immense, atm we haven't included Daw but if Daw can get back to full fitness, then he can most definitely fit the 'powerhouse' defender role ala Mal Michael.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty ******* delighted I never jumped off this bloke. He's obviously not all the way there yet, but he's shown a lot since he came back in imo. Keep this up and he's earned another two years, and the chance to build on this. I still maintain that among all our young guys and the overall profile of our list with our KPDs, he's the one we arguably need to come good more than any other.

Reckon he’s a long way ahead of McKay at the level. Seems to handle the pace better.

Yep. Just hoping Mackay doesn't become the next whipping boy though..you know the calls about waste of a High Draft pick etc etc when in reality as a KP player hes only just started shaving. Got plenty of time to develop

Yep. Just hoping Mackay doesn't become the next whipping boy though..you know the calls about waste of a High Draft pick etc etc when in reality as a KP player hes only just started shaving. Got plenty of time to develop

This is more resident CLC than WBC.

There were a couple of moments on Saturday night where he attacked the footy with a lot more intent then I've seen from him before at senior level. He's definitely got the composure and skills with ball in hand, and as long as he can consistently kill/impact contests he'll have a spot.

One of those jumper holds that is "technically" a free kick, but really didn't impact the contest at all.

I did notice that De Goey got away with a blatant one within 5 mins of us not receiving the same benefit. Tough being a defender sometimes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back