Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the best defender in the comp right now by a ******* mile
It's Robbie and Harris Andrews as the two best true KPDs by a mile. McGovern as the best 3rd up. A key forward wouldn't get a sniff with these three in a backline.

Got to admit- I don’t watch the any other team with as much regularity or scrutiny as north, nor do I understand how the ratings are accrued- but still surprised Tarrant is 20th out of all the defenders tbh.

Attachments

• 83921CA4-4F37-4FE0-926C-75E18F8DD567.png
    83921CA4-4F37-4FE0-926C-75E18F8DD567.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 118
Got to admit- I don’t watch the any other team with as much regularity or scrutiny as north, nor do I understand how the ratings are accrued- but still surprised Tarrant is 20th out of all the defenders tbh.

Casboult is 8th.

Player Ratings is not very good at key defenders, or individual defensive stuff in general. It’s all geared around what you do with the ball, so your Tarrants, your Phil Davises, etc get underrated.

One percenters also seem to be wildly overrated, hence why Andrews always ranks so high (good player but).

People need to sit down and watch Tarrant to realise how good he is, which is where the problem lies.
Agree but we would always say that about Tarrant so just like * always say how good Hurley is and geelong always say how good Blicavs is etc.
I just checked and Tarrant was rated a tick under 15 v saints and Harris Andrews just over 15 v GWS so maybe the ratings are sort of reasonable but don’t account for stopping forwards. I just checked Tarrant v dogs and again v tigers when his opponent might as well have spent the weekend in Bali and Tarrant got reasonably low ratings in both those games but we were ready to offer our firstborn child as tribute. It would be fascinating if champion data could somehow account for stopping forwards.
From memory Daw ranked really highly too which was his intercept marking.

I want him to play as long as he can and then if we’re on the verge of a grand final and he’s almost done he can play a year or two as a the third tall up forward

Deserves success as much as anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under anyone elses back leadership that margin would've been 5-6 goals.

Robbie Tarrant almost singlehandedly saved our asses, but that last 30 seconds after an onslaught of repeat i50's was too much even for him.

But he was huge.

Felt sorry for him when that goal went through In the dying seconds

You could see his face like

“Are you serious”

Felt sorry for him when that goal went through In the dying seconds

You could see his face like

“Are you serious”

I don't blame him after taking like 4 marks inside D50, a stoppage legitimately would've sealed the win, yet somehow Tipungwuti was allowed to kick a goal plucked straight out of his ass.

Picked up 160 supercoach points, so the AA selectors might actually take notice of him this week.

6th in the comp for effective disposal
8th in the comp for marks
10th in the comp for intercepts
11th in the comp for one percenters.

Not bad for a bloke who obliterates the oppositions best forward at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back