Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question but why do supporters get bitter about a player deciding to leave and go elsewhere especially someone who has given everything to the club already when on the flip side the fans are happy for an up and coming player who another club have poured 5 years into development and have plans to be the mainstay full forward once in this case Jack R retires at end of next season.

Yeah your losing a player who has been great for you but getting Coleman Jones is going to well and truly make up for that in the long run.

Like you guys did with deleido 😱

:(

Going to suck not seeing him finish his career at North but he’s got to do what he wants to do. Strange how he didn’t take the offer though, was it money? Wasn’t happy at the club?

Good luck Taz
Would like to hear his reason for leaving when the time is right.
Don’t know if we ever will. Can’t really remember him ever doing interviews.

My bet for next year.

He will have mediocre-good season, and be gifted an AA jacket because of the club he plays for.

Wouldn't be mad either, he's been robbed throughout the last 8 or so yrs.

Like you guys did with deleido 😱

Not me I’d never begrudge a player for leaving because clubs are quick to delist or want to trade also.

Still prefer we had Brandon Ellis on the wing but understood his call.

It’s why I’m not upset about CCJ being picked off whilst I’d rather he stay I wouldn’t complain about a player wanting game time and we got Tom Lynch through free agency. Works both ways.

Genuine question but why do supporters get bitter about a player deciding to leave and go elsewhere especially someone who has given everything to the club already when on the flip side the fans are happy for an up and coming player who another club have poured 5 years into development and have plans to be the mainstay full forward once in this case Jack R retires at end of next season.

Yeah your losing a player who has been great for you but getting Coleman Jones is going to well and truly make up for that in the long run.
We arent? Most of it is congratulations and celebrating his career with us.. perhaps you should post this question in the ccj thread.

Not me I’d never begrudge a player for leaving because clubs are quick to delist or want to trade also.

Still prefer we had Brandon Ellis on the wing but understood his call.

It’s why I’m not upset about CCJ being picked off whilst I’d rather he stay I wouldn’t complain about a player wanting game time and we got Tom Lynch through free agency. Works both ways.
You're right, no shortage of hypocrisy in the world though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would hope that most on here only wish the best for Taz. Been a great club man and don’t begrudge him this move in the last couple of years of his career.
Jack would not want to stand next to him in photo ops too 😛

I’ll never forget that Thursday night at Adelaide oval when he couldn’t even run in the final training session before playing the crows after two weeks in the vfl. He looked like a young horse that had its Achilles cut.

no surprises he couldn’t get near it and got subbed out at half time.

* we persevered through some monumental injuries, then eventually threw him back and he thrived.

feels a bit raw for him to leave, and actually solidifies to me how decent goldy is as a bloke to continue the way he has in the current state of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not so sure that Tarrant and the idea of being quick to delist go together.

7 seasons he was on the list before being able to play an entire year.

If we matched length and he still chose to walk, well then he's just another Richmond player and this thread can be removed to the past players section.

I am not so sure that Tarrant and the idea of being quick to delist go together.

If we matched length and he still chose to walk, well then he's just another Richmond player and this thread can be removed to the past players section.

yeh there is a lot of love for him in here and I get it. At the end of the day he’s a 33 year old key defender next year and he’s averaged under 12.5 games a year across his career.

don’t get me wrong at his peak he was great. But he’s not in my top 3 defenders at our club historically

Yeah just feels a bit like when Wells left and the fondness we had for him disappeared instantly.

Reckon Taz fills a need for us and ccj will be a very good player for north for a long time.
win win but in the big scheme of things Roos will win out in the long run.
plenty to like about your list going forward.

Looking back at this thread, who would have thought we would be waving Robbie goodbye in 2021, after 174 games and him accepting 2 years elsewhere.

Was touch and go he didn't become another JWS.

Cant begrudge him at all and wish him nothing but success.

Having said that, I'm not sure Richmond will be that far in front of us within 12 months. I certainly don't think they will win another flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back