Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

which game was that? must have been round 1 or 2
i thought he only played 1 VFL reserves game this year and did his shoulder in it

hmm interesting

i wonder how many games of football he has played all up since he got to the club

Both shoulders have been surgically removed. His arms are now attached directly to his chest.

Our doctors have assured us this will solve his shoulder problems.

OK, it's radical but so was going to Europe or Tassie for treatment once.

Both shoulders have been surgically removed. His arms are now attached directly to his chest.

Our doctors have assured us this will solve his shoulder problems.

OK, it's radical but so was going to Europe or Tassie for treatment once.
Ah, Mr Reliable, I hear you. However these are the doctors who failed to look after JWS. How do we know that they didn't mix his arms up and attached his right arm to the left side of his body and vice versa? :rolleyes:

Ah, Mr Reliable, I hear you. However these are the doctors who failed to look after JWS. How do we know that they didn't mix his arms up and attached his right arm to the left side of his body and vice versa? :rolleyes:

That would certainly bamboozle the defenders.

even if he gets his shoulders right he is a long way off AFL football

i dont think he has played a VFL senior match yet and only a handful of reserves games

Hear, ye who have little faith in Robbie Tarrant's ability.

My sauces, being Tartare and Tobasco, tell me he is looking like Jaxon from Mortal Kombat these days.

Where does this myth that Robbie is a ready made senior player derive from?

I know that I have been MIA for a while, but has he done anything besides put in a battling effort in the seconds for a couple of goals?

You obviously missed the intra club game where Robbie was running laps of the boundary line in skimpy shorts and singlet. As I recall, several high profile posters seriously considered a lifestyle change for at least a couple hours.

Where does this myth that Robbie is a ready made senior player derive from?

I know that I have been MIA for a while, but has he done anything besides put in a battling effort in the seconds for a couple of goals?
i heard he tore up the 2nds before doing his shoulder? 3 goals 3 in the first half and 10 marks from memory

You obviously missed the intra club game where Robbie was running laps of the boundary line in skimpy shorts and singlet. As I recall, several high profile posters seriously considered a lifestyle change for at least a couple hours.

You know, I heard exactagly the same thing.

Don't know if it's true, but anyway, will he be back in the skimpy shorts next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True that. Zebs and I played "rock paper scissors" on the boundary fence to determine who'd be first to make THAT move.

Luckily sanity prevailed and we returned to wolf whistling passing chicks whilst glancing at Adonis Tarrant in amazement.

We haven't had a player with his build for a very long time...........and I include his height in that. I hope he's able to spend his shoulder recuperation period further developing his legs strength and eventually all muscles around his upper body.

His shoulder looks fine

RTarrant_train08_246a.jpg

We haven't had a player with his build for a very long time...........and I include his height in that.

This is the truth. Crossing everything that he gets a good run at it next year. He's about close to perfect in size and attributes to be an explosive true forward.

I've had a close look at his watch and it appears that the date is 11/02/09. That photo may have been taken in the pre-season, before the latest round of surgery.

Here's a recent one Mr R:

bodybuilder.jpg

The shoulders are looking fine now, post op!

He's a high draft pick who hasnt played a game in 3 years which means he's due to dominate the competition.

Seriously, anything will be a bonus.

Amen brother funky.:thumbsu:

The bloke is probably one more bad injury from done, yet the majority of the readership believe he will slot in to a KPF role and lead us to the next flag.

People had better start thinking up a serious plan B, and the cupboard is fairly bare.

Amen brother funky.:thumbsu:

The bloke is probably one more bad injury from done, yet the majority of the readership believe he will slot in to a KPF role and lead us to the next flag.

People had better start thinking up a serious plan B, and the cupboard is fairly bare.

One thing we don't want around here in large doses, Mario, is reality.

how many times did the King do his shoulders early on? - I doubt North would've offered him 2yrs if -A) they thought his shoulders were stuffed .B) they thought he was a dud.Maybe under our old leadership , but the new guys seem a little smarter - just my humble opinon of course.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/afl/story/0,27046,26350879-5016169,00.html

• ROBBIE Tarrant can stretch out for a high mark and no longer worry about dislocating his left shoulder.
If his surgeon's prediction is right, the budding North Melbourne star forward has felt it pop out for the last time.
After four operations on his shoulders in two years, the positive prognosis - combined with a new two-year deal - has restored confidence in a man who had feared his AFL career was over before it had begun.
The 2007 first-round draft pick said he was desperate to reward the Roos' belief in him and to make his presence felt in the senior team next season....

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back