AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Out for extended period with stress fracture in foot - 16/2

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why they are playing him as a defender?
Given Zerk, Reid, Stewart, Cox, McBride were all unavailable, someone had to play a bit as a defender. We'll see where he plays tonight and in the VFL. Last year his VFL performance forward was fantastic for someone effectively in their first year. What was it, 20 odd goals from 11 games?

Given Zerk, Reid, Stewart, Cox, McBride were all unavailable, someone had to play a bit as a defender. We'll see where he plays tonight and in the VFL. Last year his VFL performance forward was fantastic for someone effectively in their first year. What was it, 20 odd goals from 11 games?
Played pretty well in his first full season as a forward
Also looks a natural as a defender. Has great body work, 1cm taller than Hurley so it could work.

Tom McCartin, sure, but he’s no more immobile than Patrick

Considering he has been playing back whilst Jones, Weideman and Voss have been playing forward, that would be surprising wouldn't it?
You know my thoughts on that 😘

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL player review

Kaine Baldwin​

18 disposals, eight marks, two tackles

"Baldwin played a really strong defensive game and beat (Aaron) Cadman one on one, also set up really well behind the ball and organised our defence."

Got to feel for him - I can’t see a world where he doesn’t get delisted at the end of the year.

Scott’s chosen to go entirely without a KPD instead of giving him a game. Can’t really see any situation where he’d get a game now

Got to feel for him - I can’t see a world where he doesn’t get delisted at the end of the year.

Scott’s chosen to go entirely without a KPD instead of giving him a game. Can’t really see any situation where he’d get a game now
Well, the closest thing the Saints have to a KPF is Zaine Cordy so I wouldn't read too much into this week. It's the right week to go small and mobile.

There’s no need to bring him this week. If we were playing a port or dogs he’d be playing.

Delayed concussion, not available for selection
Key defender Kaine Baldwin will be unavailable for selection this weekend after suffering delayed concussion.

Despite being cleared initially after receiving a laceration to the head in a contest during the VFL Bombers’ round two loss to Sandringham, Baldwin experienced symptoms post-match.

‘Balders’ got a cut to the head in the VFL,” McPherson said.

“He was assessed for concussion and was cleared to finish the match but then developed symptoms later Sunday night and Monday morning. Further assessment indicated he was suffering delayed concussion, so he won’t play this week.”

Saw him at the gold coast game, wonder if the suns are trying tempt him back or just meeting up with old friends.
Did I miss something ?
Was born in SA and played for the SA under 16 side (captain) and was playing in the SANFL reserves for Glenelg. Junior club Henly.
:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back