AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Out for extended period with stress fracture in foot - 16/2

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you watch the Richmond game when he pushed up the ground and took critical marks pretty much between back flank and wing and just plucked them like low hanging fruit from an apple tree
I don’t want Zerk and Ridley wandering that far out of the defensive zone. You see I want a reasonable structure back there and have Balders as the third tall defender pushing up the ground as an aerialist not so much as an attacking back flanker role such as red dog.

Edit: I’m not talking about Cox and Reid in the future. Baldwin is the bird in the hand the others are the birds in the tree.
Zerk and Ridley cant just stay in the back 50

Ridley took excellent marks in the same area on the ground today

Zerk and Ridley cant just stay in the back 50

Ridley took excellent marks in the same area on the ground today
Well I think they do their best work back there. Sure they can come up the ground if they have good connection and communication with each other. Just saying it as I see it. If you disagree I’m fine with that.
Also as good as Laverde has been I see him like a player who bats above his average but there is no shame in that.

Bryan missed 3/4 games due to injury.

Nah, he's still played in more than half the games if you include the bye... (i.e. 7 of 13 games in 14 rounds)

You could say he's been BOG in his past four VFL games too.

Totally agree Baldwin would be leading as we speak, I don't think Bryan would be all that far behind though.

Nah, he's still played in more than half the games if you include the bye... (i.e. 7 of 13 games in 14 rounds)

You could say he's been BOG in his past four VFL games too.

Totally agree Baldwin would be leading as we speak, I don't think Bryan would be all that far behind though.
But in terms of the BnF, Baldwin has consistently been in the top 3/4 every week. The games Bryan missed Baldwin would have loaded up in.

But in terms of the BnF, Baldwin has consistently been in the top 3/4 every week. The games Bryan missed Baldwin would have loaded up in.

For sure. Baldwin had one stinker, and from memory it was when he returned from injury. Aside from that, I'd suggest he's been top 3 in just about every other game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would seriously look at bringing him in.

Either play him forward and or play him back and send Laverde forward. In either scenario, Weid gets dropped.

Although based on coaches comments this week, it won’t happen.

I agree with anyone who says we need to find a way to play this guy.

Even Langford to a wing, Martin to the middle, Baldwin forward works for me.
Doesn’t need to be that convoluted does it? BZT and Weidemann have both been struggling - drop one of them and play Baldwin.

Haven’t been a huge supporter of Baldwin but feel like he deserves a game.

Doesn’t need to be that convoluted does it? BZT and Weidemann have both been struggling - drop one of them and play Baldwin.

Haven’t been a huge supporter of Baldwin but feel like he deserves a game.
Outside of Bevo not many bring in a guy playing and training as a KPD for a KPF

Dont think BZT been going that badly

Minor ankle injury, not expected to miss any VFL games
At 193cm he may cut it at VFL level as a KPD but unfortunately I think he's just too small to compete with the big dogs in the AFL. He's basically a less mobile version of Laverde.
He's a tall 193 (look at him next to Hayes). Laverde is a short 193.

Plus Steven May is 193. He goes alright. Baldwin is more May than Laverde.

At 193cm he may cut it at VFL level as a KPD but unfortunately I think he's just too small to compete with the big dogs in the AFL. He's basically a less mobile version of Laverde.

I'm confident he can make it - he's got more smarts than Lav. And I'm a big Lav fan - he just seems to have carved out a career out of pure will and determination (Lav that is).

Baldwin seems to have a good read on the game.

Worst comes to worst, I'd even keep him as a back up KPF. He's a better forward than Weideman, Jones is always injured, as is Hunter, who should probably be delisted along with Voss.

I'm confident he can make it - he's got more smarts than Lav. And I'm a big Lav fan - he just seems to have carved out a career out of pure will and determination (Lav that is).

Baldwin seems to have a good read on the game.

Worst comes to worst, I'd even keep him as a back up KPF. He's a better forward than Weideman, Jones is always injured, as is Hunter, who should probably be delisted along with Voss.
that shot on goal from Lav....maybe he can be a CHF? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back